worst criticisms towards the lion king.

worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby Elton John » April 28th, 2019, 10:43 am

What are some criticisms people use towards tlk1 that you think are bogus, stupid, or just plain illogical?

the three that really rub me the wrong way are


-Simba and Nala are brother and sister!

Most importantly, Disney doesn’t do incest. Secondly, Simba never even implies that Nala is his sister and vice versa. Third, Mufasa never implies that she’s his daughter.

My guess is that the writers didn’t think giving Nala a father was important to the story.

-Real lions don’t do this or that!

This isn’t a national geographic documentary. It’s a disney movie with singing African animals. It’s not going to be 100 percent true to nature.

-The Lion King ripped off Kimba/Jungle Emporer Leo.

A big thing against this is that no one who worked on the movie has admitted that they took ideas from Tezukas anime. Even the people no longer affiliated with Disney. Someone like Jeffery Katzenberg, who was chairman of the walt disney company and left the company on bad terms, who went to create Dreamworks and produced Shrek as a ‘take that!’ towards Disney.... he would have nothing to lose admitting that Disney copied Kimba. He hasn’t afaik.

Most of these ‘plagarism’ accusations are based off ideas almost anyone can think of. Some of the accusations are based off a kimba movie that came out 3 years after tlk. Some of the accusations are based off things Bambi did.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Posts: 9381
Joined: October 29th, 2014, 9:28 am
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 225

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby Heleigh » April 28th, 2019, 11:06 am

Well the everlasting theories that either Nala or Kovu are Scar's kids. If it was like that, they both would be Simba's cousins. Ehhhh nooo thank you.

Kopa's existence, how Disney has "forgotten" and "dropped him off." It has stated several times that those books Kopa appears in are not made by Disney, instead they are fan work and the company had no idea of Kopa, so claiming that Kion replaced him makes no sense. He is created by the company so officially Simba has only two kids, he and Kiara.

This is not really a complain, but in those same books where Kopa appears, the story how Scar got his wound is explained. The buffalo, yes. But the director of TLK said in the Honest Trailers interview something like "I always believe Mufasa did it. They were playing as cubs, but Mufasa took it too far." So perhaps that's the official theory. I dunno.
Last edited by Heleigh on April 28th, 2019, 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Heleigh
In your reflection

User avatar

Posts: 40
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Pride Points: 1

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 28th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Fans hating on TLG when I think its better then nothing so embrace whit what we get.

I already have an issues with fan criticizing the new TLK with how the character all look the same and cant be I identified and it so dull and dark, this real raw nature.

Again I say this to those who criticize the new Genie in the new Aladdin, you arnt the maker of these films you arnt Disney so complaining about it wont do anything to get what you wish or want, when you given lemons you make lemonade.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Posts: 2126
Joined: July 7th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Location: Pridelands
Nickname(s): Kiara
Gender: Female
Pride Points: 93

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby TheLionPrince » April 29th, 2019, 7:26 pm

I despise how people online claim The Lion King plagiarized Jungle Emperor Leo (also known as Kimba the White Lion). It's annoying and to me, it's insulting to the production crew who worked on Lion King. To claim that their work is plagiarized is to imply that they have no creativity of their own. While there are similar characters and imagery, the storylines are completely different. As Elton mentioned, some of the clips that are used to draw similarities are from the 1997 film.
Image
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 10663
Joined: June 4th, 2011, 8:55 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 149

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby SimbasGuard » July 6th, 2019, 8:45 am

Elton John wrote:-Simba and Nala are brother and sister!

Most importantly, Disney doesn’t do incest. Secondly, Simba never even implies that Nala is his sister and vice versa. Third, Mufasa never implies that she’s his daughter.

My guess is that the writers didn’t think giving Nala a father was important to the story.

-Real lions don’t do this or that!


This is my #1 wrongful criticism that angers me to no end. I have been fighting people Online that actually believe this for 25 years.

Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff said that they didn't think about Nala's Dad until late into production, but ultimately they decided to leave him out because they thought that no one would notice.

The dust in the sky that Simba kicks up spelling out a word that would not make it into a G Rated Movie

-The story behind this complaint is more ridiculous than the complaint itself.

Kovu is Scar's son because that was the original plot for Lion King 2:

-If an idea is rejected it is no longer canon to the movie.

The Lion Guard is not Canon because it has too many plot holes.

-Until the series has run it's course you can out say what will not be explained. The Lion Guard is a retcon we know this things have to be worked in because of this.

gothprincesskiara wrote:I already have an issues with fan criticizing the new TLK with how the character all look the same and cant be I identified and it so dull and dark, this real raw nature.


-I admit that I myself made this complaint, but I have since decided to just roll with it. Because I have always understood why it is being done this way. I hope that makes you feel better.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 15th, 2019, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much.
I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
Image
Image
My Signature was made for me by TheLionQueen Thank You So Much.
My Banner was made for me by DGFone Thank You so much
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Posts: 3672
Joined: March 25th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Location: Pride Lands
Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 81

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 12th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Elton John wrote:
-Simba and Nala are brother and sister!

Most importantly, Disney doesn’t do incest. Secondly, Simba never even implies that Nala is his sister and vice versa. Third, Mufasa never implies that she’s his daughter.

My guess is that the writers didn’t think giving Nala a father was important to the story.

-Real lions don’t do this or that!



Even from the Novel it says that Mufasa is not Nalas father, and so too the TLG!
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Posts: 2126
Joined: July 7th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Location: Pridelands
Nickname(s): Kiara
Gender: Female
Pride Points: 93

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby slushychase » July 13th, 2019, 8:09 pm

-Simba and Nala are related
- Kovu is Scar's son
slushychase

Posts: 3
Joined: July 13th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Pride Points: 0

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby WildSimba » July 13th, 2019, 8:53 pm

gothprincesskiara wrote:Fans hating on TLG when I think its better then nothing so embrace whit what we get.


That line of reasoning in general is why companies are more than willing to keep shoveling us crap because they know what the lowest amount effort is that they can put into something for fans to be still willing to accept it. We shouldn't accept something just because it exists (especially here, when we have no shortage of TLK related media), we should accept things for their general quality, and creativeness.

That's why I never cared much for TLG (and trust me I gave it a fair shot), I just feel like it's disney shoveling out material because they know fans will watch it no matter what, while at the same time not actually expanding on the lore anywhere beyond a preschool level of comprehension.

Also that remake's soundtrack blows major time, I've got little to no faith in that new film now with that being the case for me, on top of the negative reviews which basically confirm my suspicions about it.
Image
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Posts: 4765
Joined: January 24th, 2009, 10:11 pm
Location: Kentucky
Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 119

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Yesterday, I saw a video talking about how traditional newspapers and media are dying, at least here in the US, because they are losing audiences to newer, less politically stupid sources.

This morning I was pointed towards this here Washington Post piece hating on The Lion King because it is trying to justify the US being a fascist dictatorship.

And how Pride Rock is an example of Trump Tower's dominance over everyone else.

And other such nonsense. I dunno, my brain was starting to hurt just reading this nonsense.

This article has got to be a false flag making fun of how SJWs think. Surely it cannot be a serious piece! Can it? I mean, The Onion is more believable...

Sigh, insert Luke Skywalker "that's not true!" meme here.
Image
DGFone
Got wings

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Posts: 11852
Joined: March 14th, 2011, 6:14 am
Location: Flying several thousand feet off the ground.
Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 136

Re: worst criticisms towards the lion king.

Postby SimbasGuard » July 15th, 2019, 8:03 am

gothprincesskiara wrote:Even from the Novel it says that Mufasa is not Nalas father, and so too the TLG!


I absolutely loved the fact that The Lion Guard addressed the subject of Nala's Father. That show has excelled far beyond anything I thought a preschool show would be capable of. I wish Disney treated it with the same love as The show's creators. It feels like they gave up on it midway through the 2nt season. (after Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas).

Cretan things I have seen from the remake (and one thing in particular said by Mufasa) has me very excited to what new angles the remake is going to explore.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much.
I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
Image
Image
My Signature was made for me by TheLionQueen Thank You So Much.
My Banner was made for me by DGFone Thank You so much
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Posts: 3672
Joined: March 25th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Location: Pride Lands
Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 81


Return to The Lion King

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests