It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » April 4th, 2019, 12:35 am

tlk was at cinemacon. ‘everything the light touches’ scene was shown. footage not made public unfortunately :(

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/the-l ... 202055502/
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » April 4th, 2019, 3:46 am

Brandon Davis of ComicBook.com was kind enough to write out what he saw in some detail:
Spoiler: show

I like the added/altered dialogue. I knew it wasn't going to be word-for-word but I was curious how much of the dialogue they'd change. It's a subtle enough difference that might not matter much to general audiences if wholly new scenes aren't included, but as someone who can recite the whole movie word-for-word, it's a bit of a relief. (That was actually my biggest source of annoyance in watching the stage version; outside of the new scenes, it's almost line-for-line exactly the same as the movie.)

According to various things I'm reading, it's of course visually impressive, and the talking animals (Zazu included) work really well to the point where it's so subtle that it looks like real footage even while they're speaking. Still no word on how the in-world musical numbers are going to shape up.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Panpardus » April 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Per The Lion Guard Facebook Fanclub page, our first good semi-official look at Timon and Pumbaa. (Unfortunately it seems they kept Timon as a meerkat.)
Spoiler: show
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Farren » April 10th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby TimeLimitExceeded » April 10th, 2019, 3:35 pm

[quote="Farren"]New trailer just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY :interesting:[/quote]

How amazing.
TimeLimitExceeded
Max

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live the King

Nickname(s): Max
Pride Points: 1

Postby Scarthetrueking » April 10th, 2019, 3:36 pm

[quote="Farren"]New trailer just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY :interesting:[/quote]
It looks pretty epic! I am really excited to see it in theaters!!! :nervous:
Scarthetrueking
maddog

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live The Queen!

Nickname(s): Maddie
Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » April 10th, 2019, 4:12 pm

[quote="Scarthetrueking"][quote="Farren"]New trailer just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY :interesting:[/quote]
It looks pretty epic! I am really excited to see it in theaters!!! :nervous:[/quote]

The photorealistic CGI looks amazing, although the film looks like a carbon copy of the original film. I still hope there are new subplots that will involve Nala and Sarabi. I also like how they kept the log-walking scene and made it more realistic since a real log would not support a lion's weight. One quality that will be missed is the expressive human-like qualities of the characters that was featured in the original film. However, I did like that the ear twitch that Scar did.

You can definitely tell James Earl Jones's voice sounds older here than he did when he first voiced Mufasa. Chiwetel's voice doesn't resonate as being menacing and compelling as Jeremy Irons, but they may be doing a different take of the character so I'll give him a chance.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on April 10th, 2019, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Gaze » April 10th, 2019, 4:49 pm

the new trailer definitely has me more excited about the remake! I think it’ll be really fun to watch on the big screen. still not fond of the overall look of the film / the color pallette & think there’s just something a little awkward about the photorealistic animals....I think it’s probably the tension between trying to keep them looking real and natural while simultaneously needing to have them emote in a humanlike way, maybe with a little borderline uncanny valley goin on too?

but still some of the shots are really beautiful and I bet it’ll feel so immersive watching it in a theater. I particularly like the look of Rafiki & the hyenas. that shot of Rafiki with the firefly was gorgeous.

I hope there’s some good hyena merch for this movie....
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby zerodix » April 10th, 2019, 5:43 pm

just saw it, and I am thrilled! I hope there will be more footage soon! Is Nala the same colour as Simba?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 10th, 2019, 5:49 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="Scarthetrueking"][quote="Farren"]New trailer just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY :interesting:[/quote]
It looks pretty epic! I am really excited to see it in theaters!!! :nervous:[/quote]

The photorealistic CGI looks amazing, although the film looks like a carbon copy of the original film. I still hope there are new subplots that will involve Nala and Sarabi. I also like how they kept the log-walking scene and made it more realistic since a real log would not support a lion's weight.[/quote]

assuming the movie is 2 hours long we will likely get a new subplot or two.

I’m liking what I see so far.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)