[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Trailer has been dropped! — My Lion King Forum

Trailer has been dropped!

Re: Trailer has been dropped!

Postby Elton John » November 25th, 2018, 9:43 am

i think it feels that way currently because there’s barely any music playing except for a tidbit of the circle of life, and little sound effects.

once the full version is shown complete with the music and sound effects I think it’ll have a more majestic feel.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 226

Postby FlipMode » November 25th, 2018, 3:51 pm

I'm excited. And y'know what? This is actually more exciting now that I know it's a scene for scene remake just in CGI.
Let's be honest; The Lion King, as it is, is pretty much a perfect movie; in that I don't know any better casting choices I would have made, the animation and art style is timeless, the music and songs were all great, it's emotional when it wants to be and silly when it wants to be, it's a great movie.

So that being said, this was always marketed as a CGI remake, it was never going to be aimed at long time Lion King nerds who want the plot expanded. If you can think of a better way of making a "live action CGI" remake of The Lion King that isn't just the same film but without the disconnect of animation and has the added immersion of looking real, I'll be glad to hear it.

We don't need new characters, expanded plot, a new story etc. Personally I'm completely happy and a little relieved that it is just the same movie but a CGI adaptation.
People who aren't are probably the same people who scream when their favourite videogames get movie adaptations but the plot is weak because they try to make something new instead of just using the already excellent source material.

I just don't understand how so many people can be unhappy that it's the same film just in CGI and then say they loved the original movie... Does that not sound illogical to anyone else?

You could argue it's a cash grab but so what? People were saying that about Pokemon Lets Go on Switch and now it's out everyone is loving it. Point is, cash grabs can still be enjoyed.
The new Spyro remaster games are great because it's literally the same game just with better graphics.

I feel like this movie if ever there was one is absolutely one you should exercise the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra and they have done that so I'm actually on board with this.

And on top of all that, the CGI is impressive in that trailer. The way it looks just like the original movie which was animated but still looks legitimately real is impressive.
Sure it's not as colourful but then, if it's supposed to looks real; then that's how it would look. It's not as colourful because the world isn't as colourful as a Disney animated movie.

I'm not too hyped about it but I'll definitely go watch it because if it's going to be the same movie then I know it will at least be enjoyable, it doesn't have to be better than the original, it just needs to be a CGI adaptation of it and that's exactly what we are getting.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 264

Postby Elton John » November 25th, 2018, 4:26 pm

i think they will make the movie 2 hours, which is 30 more minutes than the original.

i’m hoping that if true, they use that time to give characters like sarabi and nala more screen time and more character development.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » November 25th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Is anyone else thinking the roar at the end wasn't very good? Don't know if it's just my nostalgia goggles or what, but the old way of yelling into a trash can sounded better, from what I can remember.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 205

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 25th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Azdgari » November 26th, 2018, 3:23 am

[/spoiler]
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Panpardus » November 26th, 2018, 3:45 am

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » November 26th, 2018, 4:30 am

while people here have remained civil about the remake with their criticisms towards it i’ve seen some stupid and venomous ‘hot takes’ towards it that really make my blood boil.

I try to remain calm

I try to not let my emotions get the better of me

but I really feel like hitting my head on a desk sometimes with the stupidity i have seen.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 27th, 2018, 6:44 am

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby RainKissedLioness » November 27th, 2018, 10:49 am

I am super excited for this CHI remake of The Lion King! I looks fantastic and I am very intrigued about how the new cast will sound as these beloved characters! I am VERY haply that they got James Earl Jones to voice Mufasa again!!
*Keeper of Nala's Courage*
My pronouns: they/them.
It's the Circle of Life.
And it moves us all.
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love.
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding.
In the Circle,
The Circle of Life.

-Circle of Life

RainKissedLioness
The Circle of Life!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I love TLK!!!!

Nickname(s): Sagi
Pride Points: 2

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements