Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Re: Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Postby SimbasMate » March 3rd, 2016, 4:47 pm

[quote="Elton John"]You are still a fan but, I really think people should give it a chance before hating it :([/quote]

I gave it a chance. I watched the first episode and could not stand it. It's cute but there are some characters in there that just need to be taken out.. like Bunga.. look at it: :superexcited: Blegh. Hahah I dunno, it's not for everyone. The fact that the original voice actors aren't with their respective characters is one of the reasons why I don't like it. You can't have Simba without a Matthew Broderick. :sad: Like really.. this Rob whatever his last name is does a crap job. He could at least pretend to sound like Broderick. :P
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Elton John » March 3rd, 2016, 5:21 pm

Well, at least you gave it a chance and disliked it instead of mindlessly bashing it without having seen it.

Admittedly, the 'return of the roar' is weak compared to a few of the episodes out.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » March 3rd, 2016, 5:26 pm

Does anyone else find it funny how only 80 movie stars get the privilege of voicing Simba? Matthew Broderick, Rob Lowe... it'll be Charlie Sheen next :lol:

Nah, wait, he has tiger blood!

Anyway, I feel like the majority of the hatebase for TLG is made up of those who worship TLK 2, or if not worship, at least consider it to be a lot better than the first. It's interfering with their canon, regarding it as having never even happened. I suppose the mere thought of that makes them so uncomfortable they can't stand to even give TLG a chance. If they do, they might see that it's actually harmless (how shocking, a kid's show is harmless!) and really isn't doing anything to hurt TLK 2's canon... it's just something that is yet to be explained.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 3rd, 2016, 10:19 pm

and I was told that I think Disney is trying to shy away from the Dark side of adventure to give children a better example of being less violent, but I say a little more violence is good cause it can be a god example of never giving up and fighting for the greater good in the world, wish they could have raised the age level on it a little more like the original film but almost every TLK fan wished that....too late :oops: :sad:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby DGFone » March 3rd, 2016, 10:31 pm

I don't particularly like The Lion Guard. Does it not make me a TLK fan? I don't think so, personally. Just as I don't hold it against TLG fans and claim that they cannot be true TLK fans either.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » March 3rd, 2016, 10:32 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I don't particularly like The Lion Guard. Does it not make me a TLK fan? I don't think so, personally. Just as I don't hold it against TLG fans and claim that they cannot be true TLK fans either.[/quote]

This is a very reasonable point of view.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Soren » March 4th, 2016, 2:36 am

I totally agree about what you said gothprincesskiara. You couldn't have said it any better. Take it for what it is. Nobody needs to be a TLG hater.
Personally, I like TLG! :kiongrin:
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Titanics Captain » March 4th, 2016, 8:31 pm

I don't really have an opniion on it because I never seen it but I did catch it a couple times.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby HereWeStand » March 10th, 2016, 12:47 am

No True Scotsman fallacies don't help anyone.

Just because someone doesn't like TLG doesn't make them less of a fan than someone who does. It's almost offensive that someone would think so to be honest.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hatari05 » March 10th, 2016, 11:41 am

I actually like Kion I see a lot of potential in his character unfortunately it's the show I have a problem with the pilot was okay but still disappointing some episodes were better than others but still not great. Despite what we were told it being a show for preschoolers is what hurts it, the morals are good but also way too blunt, the song between Kion and Jasiri was absolutely out of a kids show it's the kind of the song I would expect to hear on Nick junior. It just doesn't have the depth of the movies which were rated G. There was no need to tone anything down.

I like Kion but I feel he can't thrive as a character in a show aimed at preschoolers, Lion King doesn't belong there, at least in my opinion it doesn't.

If you like it cool good for you does it make you less of a LK fan of course not, nor does it make those who feel the opposite we're all fans.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King