what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this rem

what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this rem

Postby Elton John » December 24th, 2018, 11:49 pm

ake.

Honestly all I really want is more screentime and characterization for Sarabi and Nala. Give em’ both a song too.

That would make me happy.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 220

Re: what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this

Postby TheLionPrince » December 25th, 2018, 11:40 pm

1. More screentime for Sarabi and Nala. I do think they will explore more of Scar's reign over the Pride Lands.

2. There will probably be more new characters in minor supporting roles like the elephant shrew character being voiced by Amy Sedaris.

3. Scar will probably be a more sympathetic villain.

4. As hinted by John Kani in a radio interview, Rafiki will probably be depicted as a more serious shaman character.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 144

Postby Panpardus » December 30th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Overall, a story that more generally follows the Broadway version as a template, with some ideas from older drafts of the original The Lion King thrown in. Specifically I'm hoping for:

• The lionesses in general need more shine, so I'm thinking a group hunt scene (both the original draft and the Broadway show have one early in the story, which is how we're introduced to Nala in the latter) and a "Shadowland"-esque moment. The latter I'm sure we'll get since they got Beyoncé to voice Nala, but Sarabi and the rest of the lionesses need to at least feel like an active part of the story dynamics, especially since they make up the bulk of the pride in the first place.
  • More time spent on Scar's reign, as aforementioned.
  • The hyenas should feel less like an undercaste of minions and more like an actual independent rival faction to the lions. It would make Scar's alliance with them more even-footed and increase their threat level in my opinion.
  • Personal hope: Timon is a banded mongoose rather than a meerkat.
  • The film ends with Simba and Nala having at least two cubs, ideally three just to placate Kopa, Kiara, and Kion fans. (And it makes more sense to have multiple cubs.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 39

Postby DGFone » December 31st, 2018, 5:21 pm

In the original movie, the decision not to show Nala leaving the Pride Lands was a very deliberate one: her showing up and nearly eating Pumbaa was supposed to be a surprise, so showing her leave would have spoiled it.

However with the remake, since the plot is already known, I am still debating whether or not it would be a good thing to show her leaving or not.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 132

Postby Panpardus » January 5th, 2019, 5:32 pm

I'm assuming it won't be that much of a surprise this time around. Most people going into this definitely already know the story anyway; that's why the remake is happening in the first place and it's one of the most watched trailers in history. More substantively, unless they write some wholly original material, I can't see how they'd beef up adult Nala's role/screentime in a meaningful way (which they'll probably do since it's Beyoncé) without addressing this plot point. I think there's more to gain than lose from including it.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 39

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 3:10 am

I just need them to expand on the original as a shot by shot Remake is pointless.

Like most everyone has said.

More Screen time for Nala, Sarabi, Sarafina. (Mention Sarafina's name on Screen).

Showing Scar make his romantic advances on Nala might run the risk of flirting with a PG-13 Rating, but it would also rule him out as her Father.

Please talk about Nala's Father and Name him (or at least say why he is not there), After 25 years I want to put a stake through the heart of the idea that Simba and Nala are related.

Both Kiara and Kion born at the end

Credit Cookie (I'd prefer it to be serious rather than silly, but I want one).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much
I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
My Signature was made for me by TheLionQueen Thank You So Much.
My Banner was made for me by DGFone Thank You so much
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 80

Return to The Lion King 2019