season 3: The final TLG season!

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby SimbasGuard » April 20th, 2019, 11:09 pm

@Kallo: It is true that Disney has not announced that Season 3 is The Lion Guard's last. It is just with the way Disney has been putting so little effort into promoting the show. I get the feeling Disney no longer cares about it.

However given what you and Hatari05 have suggested maybe Disney is going to wait for The Remake to hit Theaters, and the release Season 3 and give it a chance to ride The Remake's hype-wave. Maybe there is hope for a Lion Guard Season 4 after all.

@echostone: I am also very excited to meet Rani and The Night Pride.

As for Zira: Her line:

Zira wrote:Scar and I were close,very close.


From "Lions Of The Outlands" leads me to think your 2nt suggestion is the correct one, but I doubt Disney would ever confirm that directly on what is a "Preschool" show. However they did manager to all, but directly confirm in "Return Of The Roar" that Simba gave Kion "The Talk". I guess if they are clever enough they could manage that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much.
I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
Image
Image
My Signature was made for me by TheLionQueen Thank You So Much.
My Banner was made for me by DGFone Thank You so much
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Posts: 3672
Joined: March 25th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Location: Pride Lands
Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 81

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 21st, 2019, 5:48 am

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Posts: 2126
Joined: July 7th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Location: Pridelands
Nickname(s): Kiara
Gender: Female
Pride Points: 93

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby TTB-Kun » April 21st, 2019, 10:54 pm

echostone wrote:I can't wait to see how it ends. Seeing a new pride of lions and Rani will be intersting.
I really hope that they will answer the question on wether Zira was Scar's mate(or misstress), daughter, or just a loyal follower to him.

it's pretty clear that's the last option
TTB-Kun
User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 191
Joined: November 23rd, 2015, 2:51 am
Location: Italy
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 11

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby Kallo » April 22nd, 2019, 5:43 am

It is true that Disney has not announced that Season 3 is The Lion Guard's last. It is just with the way Disney has been putting so little effort into promoting the show. I get the feeling Disney no longer cares about it.

However given what you and Hatari05 have suggested maybe Disney is going to wait for The Remake to hit Theaters, and the release Season 3 and give it a chance to ride The Remake's hype-wave. Maybe there is hope for a Lion Guard Season 4 after all.


It would definitely seem like Disney, as a company, has not made their mind up about ending the show. The fact that the animation studio and everyone is getting to publicly talk about wrapping up work on the show before an official announcement is unusual, at the very least, even if it isn't a sign of anything more. As far as promoting the show, I'm not sure they ever really promoted the show very hard, when you think about it. Back before "Return of the Roar" there was a little bit of promotion, but even then they didn't make it into any huge deal, and practically since then there's been very little word about the show from Disney. So I wouldn't say anything has really changed over time as far as that. As said, I'm not really expecting the show to go past S3 (I can kinda see every reason for them to end it, honestly), but I'm just really confused cause I simply can't figure out why there'd be any voice work done at this point, if the animation is completed. My theory at this point is that basic animation is probably finished, but there's some smaller group still working on some details in the animation such as dialogue and stuff. That'd be the only situation where they could still alter the script and thus have voice work done. Or the other option is that they dub/post-voice the show or at least Mufasa, which I don't see why they would do that.

As far as Zira, I wasn't aware her relationship with Scar was still in such questioning. Ever since I saw TLK2 as a kid, I think it's always been rather obvious they were lovers. The movie makes it very clear it intends Nuka is Scar and Zira's son, so they were at least that close. And he specifically gave Kovu into Zira's care. I'd say that means she was a bit more than just a regular loyal follower, like the rest of the Outlanders. Zira obviously had a very special place even amongst Scar's followers.
Image
Kallo
User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 147
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Location: Wastelands of Finland
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 21

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby JackStover » April 22nd, 2019, 10:05 am

You guys do know that the vast majority of television programs don't get an announcement that a show is ending, right? Most simply die quiet deaths with little fanfare. Networks only make those announcements for the big shows, as it drives up the ratings and gets everybody tuned in. But The Lion Guard can scarcely be called a hit show, and it's not like the target audience of preschool kids is going to be hyped up for an announcement that their show is coming to an end.

The Lion Guard is ending. There is no secret plan to continue the show. They aren't waiting for anything.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 139
Joined: August 14th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Pride Points: 17

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby zerodix » April 22nd, 2019, 8:24 pm

true|
Season 1 was the best season by far. If season 3 is good, they might have a chance. But I doubt a season 4 will ever air. For now I would say not.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Posts: 886
Joined: June 18th, 2015, 6:39 pm
Location: Netherlands
Pride Points: 21

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby Kallo » April 23rd, 2019, 8:53 am

JackStover wrote:You guys do know that the vast majority of television programs don't get an announcement that a show is ending, right? Most simply die quiet deaths with little fanfare. Networks only make those announcements for the big shows, as it drives up the ratings and gets everybody tuned in.


That's simply... not true. While certainly not all shows get huge mentions in many places, there's always an official announcement somewhere about a show ending. Especially these days with social media and all that. Whether it be from the company producing the show itself, the network airing it, or some third party site they've chosen to allow the first reportage of the news. Not to mention we're talking a big company like Disney here, so an announcement is a guarantee. If S3 will be the last, we're definitely gonna have an announcement somewhere about it by the start of it at the latest.

JackStover wrote:But The Lion Guard can scarcely be called a hit show, and it's not like the target audience of preschool kids is going to be hyped up for an announcement that their show is coming to an end.


I've seen it referenced a hit show on quite a few news articles, actually. Whether you think that's neither here or there, let's consider a few facts: "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" and the new "Ducktales" reboot are two currently airing Disney shows that are considered big hits. They have a far wider target audience than The Lion Guard, which not only is aimed mostly at preschoolers, but has huge shoes to fill as far as the legacy of the original film, which undoubtedly alienates a lot of older audience. But let's look at the numbers: "Return of the Roar" had very little promotion and it reached over 5,3 million viewers (which is insane for a modern preschool cartoon, btw), "SvTFoE" also had barely any promotion and its premiere reached about 2,3 million. "Ducktales" premiere, which had quite a bit of promotion, only reached 280k, which TLG still averages over. TLG, now 3 and a half years into its run, after awful airing schedules, currently averages at about 500-600k viewers per episode, and its peak viewership after the premiere was almost 2 million. "SvTFoE", half a year older show than TLG, now averages at about 300k views per episode, with its peak at about 900k. "Ducktales", which still gets a lot of promotion, and is only in its second year, averages at about 550k, with its peak at just over a million. "Tangled: The Series", another Disney show, was wiping the floor with all these other shows in its first season, consistently getting around a million views if not much more, but even that show never came close to the 5 million premiere of TLG or 2 million for a regular episode, and now early into its third year it only averages at about 350-400k views.

If we compare the promotion of each of the shows, the airing schedules, target demographic, as well how long they've been around, TLG definitely has the shortest end of the stick. Taking this into account, it's actually proving to be the most popular out of all the current Disney cartoons. It should be doing the worst out of all these shows, no question, because of all the things I mentioned, but it's actually doing the best and most consistent. "Ducktales" might pass it soon in its average viewership, because TLG isn't the "new show" anymore and will probably keep going down in viewership, but for reference, TLG is still the only show out of these that has actually managed to capture 700k viewers after 15 months of being in the air (in fact, it has done so even after 36 months, and was consistently pulling in over a million after 20).

All the shows I mentioned here are currently considered "hit shows", and as said, looking at the numbers, The Lion Guard has in fact managed to most consistently for the longest time keep the highest viewership. So I'd argue it can definitely be called a hit.
Image
Kallo
User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 147
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Location: Wastelands of Finland
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 21

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby JackStover » April 23rd, 2019, 10:09 am

The ratings of Return of the Roar are irrelevant. It was released as a TV Movie the week of Thanksgiving, and was based on a legacy property. Of course people tuned in, and that's also why most people dislike the show, as the movie was terrible. First impressions matter and, as much as I love the show, that movie did it an extreme disservice. Suffice it to say, the ratings were never that high again. Disney's PR team even stopped promoting new episodes of The Lion Guard, and for the past year, when they released their monthly premiere information, the new episodes of The Lion Guard were never included even though other Disney Junior properties were.

And again, despite what you say, historically shows die quiet deaths. Disney didn't issue a press release about how Brandy & Mr. Whiskers was ending a decade ago. They didn't hype up the end of The Emperor's New School. Just because we're living in a social media age now doesn't mean that they're always going to be open with their internal decisions. Hell, Sheriff Callie's Wild West got canned a few years ago and fans had no idea that Disney cancelled the show because they didn't say a damn word about it. Whisker Haven Tales with the Palace Pets also died a sudden death last year, with absolutely no press release. The toys flopped so Disney canned the series and those characters are gone forever.

Will they eventually announce that The Lion Guard is ending? Perhaps. But there's no guarantee it would happen unless they believe it would benefit them somehow.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 139
Joined: August 14th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Pride Points: 17

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby TTB-Kun » April 26th, 2019, 8:54 am

Kallo wrote:As far as Zira, I wasn't aware her relationship with Scar was still in such questioning. Ever since I saw TLK2 as a kid, I think it's always been rather obvious they were lovers. The movie makes it very clear it intends Nuka is Scar and Zira's son, so they were at least that close. And he specifically gave Kovu into Zira's care. I'd say that means she was a bit more than just a regular loyal follower, like the rest of the Outlanders. Zira obviously had a very special place even amongst Scar's followers.



Absolutly not. the movie makes very clear the opposite.
nuka never calls scar father or zira saying scar take care of MY nuka when he dies are crystal clear.
and rafiki in the lion guard makes it very clear that she was just folower
TTB-Kun
User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 191
Joined: November 23rd, 2015, 2:51 am
Location: Italy
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 11

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby Kallo » May 7th, 2019, 4:53 am

Absolutly not. the movie makes very clear the opposite.
nuka never calls scar father or zira saying scar take care of MY nuka when he dies are crystal clear.
and rafiki in the lion guard makes it very clear that she was just folower


That... makes zero sense. It's basically "explaining away" just to make your headcanon seem more likely. Just because it's never explicitly said out loud that Nuka and Vitani are Scar's children, it's still pretty clear, especially with Nuka. It's not something that needs to be said out loud. I never understood how this was such a difficult concept to understand in the TLK fandom; it never made any sense. Even a child can tell it's heavily implied in TLK2 that Nuka is jealous of Kovu because he was Scar's son and Kovu wasn't, and Scar still chose him. Which causes an inferiority complex and a need to prove himself in Nuka, which is the whole point of the character's arc in the movie, which eventually ends up being the catalyst for Vitani wanting to change sides and not make the same mistake. It's just basic good writing. You don't want Nuka to outright state he was Scar's son for no reason, cause that would make no sense from the audience's point of view, but the line "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father. He just took him in." might as well be "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father (LIKE I WAS). He just took him in."

I'm willing to accept Vitani's father is definitely questionable. But there's no way in my mind that TLK2's implication wasn't that Scar was Nuka's father. People's headcanons in this fandom just have me shaking my head sometimes. It's crazy that the headcanon that Scar was Nala's father is so strong, despite there never being any implication in either movie that was the case, but then when there actually are very strong implications, ones in fact crucial to TLK2's storytelling, that Scar was Nuka's father, those implications are just completely ignored for the sake of some other headcanon.
Image
Kallo
User avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Posts: 147
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Location: Wastelands of Finland
Gender: Male
Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests