my art ideal I want to share with you! opinions/drawings!

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

my art ideal I want to share with you! opinions/drawings!

Postby thanigraphics » January 2nd, 2010, 2:36 am

This evening I had a discussion about art with my boy Thani. I was considering to stop drawing for good. This, because I always did my best job on every drawing and it didn't get the recognition it deserved in my eyes. Thani agreed with that on me and we left the subject behind.
But then, I caught myself thinking. I discovered something about drawing I definitely, desperately want to share with you. I drew a picture, with these rules:
1. no perfectionism
2. if a line is drawn, leave it drawn. Don't erase anything.
3. forget rules
4. yes, that means you forget your own drawing rules as well
5. there are NO borders.
6. nothing is ugly or bad
7. recognition of your art, means when YOU love your piece of art, despite of what others say, or, in my case, don't say.

I normally draw with almost crampy hands, going for the best result. It lead me nowhere.
For the first time in years I actually enjoyed drawing, with these rules (or un-rules)

This is what I drew, by these rules.

Why I made a tread about this is the following:
I'd like to know your opinions about making TLK fanarts. Do you have rules for yourself? What are your "values" drawing, what do you consider important in a picture? Is that emotion? Impression of a situation? Nature-like, anatomic correct well-shaded realism? Share it with me! You may post your self-made pictures in your post, but they HAVE to illustrate your reply.
I'm curious! :D
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: my art ideal I want to share with you! opinions/drawings!

Postby Taka » January 3rd, 2010, 12:17 am

Well, I don't have rules, but
every time there's something I don't like, I erase it and do it again til' it is the way I want it to be.
Taka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 26

Return to Fan Art