Shadows

Shadows

Postby nalasimba83 » October 14th, 2013, 11:40 pm

The light turned on,and a bright flash lay before Diana's eyes,as her cat Felix hopped on her soft and plush bed.

"You too?"Diana asked.

The cat oddly seemed to nod,then Diana laughed as she rolled over and began her third attempt to sleep.The noisy and vibrating alarm began,as Diana groaned and reluctantly pushed open the door to see her mom cooking.

"Diana,your food,"her mom said strictly as she pushed over her perfectly tied bun and motioned for her to put it inside her bag.

Diana grunted,rolled her eyes,pushed over her messy strands of hair and began walking outside,until she got stopped over by her mom.

"I'm driving you.You aren't going to Twin Peaks anymore.You are going to attend Dark Haven Academy,"her mom said as she nervously gulped and avoided staring into the deep,midnight eyes of the startled Diana.

"Where is that?"she asked quietly.

"Just around this block,"her mom continued as she grabbed her purse and pushed her sunglasses deeper into her sharp eyes.

"I never knew there was a school around here,"Diana exclaimed as she clutched her keys and gave it to her mom as her shaky hands edged towards her.

"It was recently built,"her mom said as she gave out an exasperated sigh and stared into Diana's as a sign for her to stop asking questions.

Diana sighed,and attempted to smile,as she gripped to her light blue jeans,and dully rested her eyebrows on the window bar,scanning around the horizon for any sign that read:Dark Haven.The car pulled over and she found herself staring at a modern brown building with children swarming over.She began getting out as her lacy red shirt got stuck to the door.She bent down to unreel it as her eyes met with her mom's.

"Mom,why...exactly,do i have to go to his school?"Diana said quickly.

Her mom took of her sunglasses,and licked her outer lips with her dry tongue,and drove away.Diana looked around,and felt her chest beating hard.She looked over at the disappointing sun,and stepped inside.

She took off her heavy backpack and set it next to her desk,and peered over the board.It was filled with math questions,and extra boards were placed to fit all of them.A small lady stepped inside with her lavish suit,and thick glasses.She was a beautiful woman,but something hid a missing part of her,that made her so intimidating.Diana grabbed her thick books and began reading quietly.A group of girls laughed at the sight and spilled her backpack,and left.

She reached below to grab her small pencil when she found a soft hand give it to her.She looked up and found another girl,who smiled and sighed.

"Hey.My name is Valerie,Valerie Keene.And don't mind those girls over there,they have nothing better to do...but yeah,"she started.

"Well,thanks.For the pencil...and about those girls.My name is Diana.Diana Gladys,"Diana began.

Valerie smiled and her dull,but strange and mysterious grey eyes stood the same,without any expression,"So why did you come over here?"

"I still don't that.This morning my mom just said I was going to a new school,and that was that,"Diana murmured.

"Oh,what school did you go to before Dark Haven,"Valerie said,softly.

"Twin Peaks,it's alright,"Diana replied as she uncomfortably shifted in her seat.

The bell rang,and Diana curiously scrambled from her seat.

"Class ended so soon?"she asked as she walked along with Valerie.

"Yeah,class all depends on the teacher.That was Ms.Hager,Kristin Hager.She is the best,"Valerie said as she grinned.

Diana nodded and struggled to hold her heavy books."But it was only a minute."

Valerie curled her eyebrows,and shrugged,"I don't keep track of time that much."

"But you could tell it was only a minute right?"Diana asked eagerly.

"Beats me,but it felt like a good length of class time."

"Need help?"Valerie offered.

"Could use some,"Diana said as she heartily handed over the books,and breathed heavily and sighed.

She turned to her left,and found a strange shadow lurk on the walls.She turned behind,and nothing was there.

"A mo?"Diana asked as she cautiously walked towards the shadow,and began touching it.It disappeared,but a warm and tingly feeling crawled throughout her arm,and nothing was there.

Diana began breathing heavily,as cold air filled her lungs,and she saw nothing but darkness.Another blinding flash of light began to fill her weak eyes,and she frantically began to get up,and was pushed back down.

"Chill Diana,its just me?"Valerie began saying as she curiously observed Diana's strange behavior.

"What happened...and where ..a.m I?"Diana said slowly as she took a deep breath between each word.

"You passed out in the hall,and you were touching the wall for like hours,and now your in my house..."valerie began saying slowly.

"I was touching the wall for hours?"Diana said as her confused brain tried to recall her memory.

It only felt a few minutes for her,and that was it.

"Yeah.It isn't usual for you is it?

Valerie got up and her brown hair fell loosely,as she adjusted her shirt,and sat back down.

"Wait,this is..your house?School is over already?

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Return to Off-Topic Creativity