[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Gem's Art Wall — My Lion King Forum

Gem's Art Wall

Re: I was bored, so this is what I drew...

Postby Regulus » January 19th, 2016, 3:47 am

Wow. That's pretty great. I hope you have the drive to see this through to completion, because creating even a simple game is a massive project, and I'd be interested in following this to see how it goes.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ultra Fox » January 21st, 2016, 7:27 am

It looks really good! Just be sure to make some of the gameplay and style unique as there are a lot of games out there these days (the style looks good so far, just a general suggestion lol).

Also, I can do some good voices, so if you need someone, I'd love to do voice acting. :)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Gemini » January 25th, 2016, 2:37 am

Hey, thanks for the nice feedback, guys! BTW, if I don't respond for a while, I'm not ignoring you or anything. I'm just gonna try to limit my posts here to when I actually have updates. Otherwise everything might get really flooded, haha.

@Regulus Thanks, Regs! It certainly is a pretty big project... but I have dealt with large, multi-year projects before (mainly fanfiction), so I think that will help. The fact that we literally picked it up after a year and half leads me to believe that we won't likely forget about it anytime soon, even if progress is slow sometimes. But if you continued to follow us, that would be really great! :)

@UF Thank you! And it's alright, I totally understand... one of my friends plays a lot of games and we are gonna try to do the same thing as we did with the story - look at things we like, things that work, things we want to incorporate, and some things that don't work and that we should avoid... and then kinda brainstorm and try to come up with some unique twists of our own. I personally think that coming up with good game mechanics is going to be quite difficult, since, as you said, there's a lot of games out there. But we're sure gonna try.

PS Thanks for the offer. c': I'll definitely talk to you once we know where we are going to need voices for sure.

Anyway, as I said, another update. This one is relatively small, as we haven't gone too much farther in the past week or so. That's just what happens when people have work and jobs and college and that sort of thing, though, I suppose. So nothing too discouraging.

BTW, we recently made an account on deviantArt focused specifically on this game. We are currently trying to decide how we are going to run the account, and which things we are going to post and when, but there will likely be promotional art, updates and (perhaps) some concept art over there in the future... so check it out and give us a watch if you're interested. :P
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Braveheart » January 25th, 2016, 6:02 am

Is this a pay to play visual novel sort of game?
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Gemini » February 8th, 2016, 11:34 am

^ Nope! Planning on making it a full-fledged RPG. :) Not sure what the price will be yet - all depends on how well we feel the game's turned out and how many people are interested. That's a looooong way off, though.

Anyway. Planning on doing Sunday updates here. Missed last Sunday because we were busy, and my one friend in charge of the art was sick for several days. But aside from that, we've made quite a bit of progress on this.

As always, if you'd like to stay posted, we are going to attempt to update these regularly (or, at least as regularly as can be allowed by college/work/etc.).

- deviantArt
- SoundCloud
- this thread (!)

Enjoy! And see you all next week. c:
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Gemini » February 15th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Well, we've done more work on this, so time for another update! I just got done talking with my friend and I also talked a little bit with my boyfriend (our programmer) on what we could do to start with the actual coding. We are definitely going to begin looking into that, given that we've made massive strides on the plot after a bit of brainstorming.

So things are definitely going well. :)

As before, if you would like to stay updated, I would recommend giving us a watch on our dA account, as we've actually been updating it fairly often.

Until next time, have a great week! /3
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Ultra Fox » February 15th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Coming along nicley! Awesome stuff! :D
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Gemini » April 18th, 2016, 10:00 am

^ Thanks! :sweet:

Welp, I know I said I'd be doing updates on this every Sunday. But that kind of went out the window. xD I blame real life and also not being on this site a whole bunch like I was.

We are still working on this, though! It's going along really well. So I'll make another update here before I put it off again. :)

As always, if you want to stay updated and see even more pictures, then please check our group dA! It gets updated a lot more often than this thread does. :)

Until next time, cheers!
Attachments
1E.mp3
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
8.mp3
(375.54 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
4B.mp3
(250.24 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
2G EDIT.mp3
(669.7 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
9A.mp3
(440.85 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Carl » April 18th, 2016, 4:33 pm

This is all coming along very well. You and your friends are very skilled and talented. I'm very interested to hear and see more about this game!
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby kawaiineko-chan » May 13th, 2016, 8:14 am

I love Ukko's long sensual braid. he is like elsa, my ice queen
kawaiineko-chan
★ memes n' dreams ★

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nickname(s): Japanese Memelord, Kawaiineko-chan, coolgrl365
Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity