[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [Closed To LadyAnette Again!] — My Lion King Forum

[Closed To LadyAnette Again!]

[Closed To LadyAnette Again!]

Postby Baya » January 22nd, 2010, 6:14 am

Character Bios:

Name: Amadeus Longtail
Species: Field Mouse (Albino)
Description: Average height for any field mouse male, white fur, gray eyes, and a scrappy looking blue/white shirt.
Personality: He is one to hold a grudge, and is under normal circumstances very quiet and calm. He has tendencies to rebel sometimes, which is normal for a teenager. He is a pacifist that dislikes using violence to resolve his problems.
History: It all started when Amadeus was just an infant, at three seasons old. At that time, the land was divided equally among nobles and the land was at peace. Amadeus's family weren't the richest, but they definitely were happy within their tiny village. However, one day Amadeus's village was raided by horde rats. These rats belonged to the command of a badger warlord by the name of Brutus the Barbarian. Even his name suggested what he was infamous for. What the horde rats did was take Amadeus from his family, burn down the village, and take anything else they could of value. Amadeus was taken far from his home, over an ocean on a boat, to a wood and stone fortress on an uncharted island. It was there that Amadeus became a work mouse for Brutus, doing hard labor such as mining for minerals that would later be used to refine into weapons for the horde. It wasn't all bad however, as he and the other slaves did what they could in the small shelter they were given for fun. They stole some scraps from the kitchen at times, and enjoyed their simple life. Amadeus however, had begun to dream of a life outside these stone and wooden walls. In a world where he didn't have to get whipped, and humiliated on a daily basis.

A breeze ran through the great hall of the wood and stone fortress. Brutus the Barbarian was seated at his feasting table, reading over some reports he received regarding his progress in conquering at least part of the mainland. Brutus frowned as he read over the papers in his black and white furred paws. He grazed his rather large, black beard and let out a loud snarl throwing the papers across the room. He then threw the huge table across the room, and it hit the wall, breaking apart. Two guards stationed in the room ducked for cover with their paws on their iron helmets.

"Fools! I've waited three years for you to take at least part of the damn mainland! Three years! All you have to show for it is another shipment of slaves! Do you honestly think that I need anymore laborers?! NO! I want LAND! Somewhere to put those laborers!" Brutus roared, with his booming raspy voice. His purple cloak blew with the breeze, and his iron armored chest heaved slightly. Brutus panted for several moments, looking away from the rats.

"What else do you have to say? If I hear any more bad news, one of you is going to end up like that table." Brutus murmured quietly, with a very aggressive tone. One of the guards gulped, and shakily stood.

"S-Sir! We got a huge shipment of food, weapons, and slaves! If we keep this up, we can have land conquered by the next-" The rat was interrupted due to the mighty paw of Brutus gripping his throat and lifting him into the air.

"Don't tell me what you are doing, tell me when it is done!" Brutus snarled as he threw the rat onto the floor. The guard shakily stood up once more, and scampered out the great hall with his comrade.

Brutus panted some more as he gazed around the great hall. He looked at all the shields, swords and drapery that decorated the wall. He small grin tugged at his lips. These were all his work. He pillaged all of it on his own, and built this barbaric empire since he was a young boy. It was only a matter of time that he expanded to the mainland, and from there became ruler of all the land. Everyone would bow to him, respect him, and most importantly, fear him.

//

The moon shone brightly down on the little village of slaves that were enclosed within the fortress. The slaves had homes of old straw, mud and some wood if they were lucky enough to obtain some. In the middle of the village was a huge fire, that all the slaves gather to, in order to cook their meals, keep warm or just entertain one another. Tonight was a night of all three, as they were cooking what little fish they had, kept warm by the fire and talked amongst themselves. A young adolescent albino mouse was feeding the fire to make sure it stayed alive. The reason he never let it die out was because the fire sort of symbolized the hope, the spirit and the life of the slaves. Should the fire go out, it would mean devastation for them all.

Amadeus cleaned some soot off his raggy, patched brown shirt. His white fur was already charred in some places from being so close to the fire that night. It was a regular day for Amadeus. From early in the morning, up to the late evening he had done some regular chores and back breaking labor. He received several lashings from the whippers, because he was going to slow to their liking. He didn't say a word, nor did he shed even a tear from the torture. He didn't want to give them that satisfaction.

Besides all that, Amadeus noticed that some new slaves were brought over and many of them were upset because they were taken away from their homes and families. There was one that caught Amadeus's attention as he moved some wood around in the fire with a rusty iron rod. She was all alone, secluded from all the other slaves. It was dark were she was, and Amadeus could not see her all too well. He got up from tending to the fire and walked towards her, with a stick of fire to act as a light so he could see her and try to make her feel just a bit better. Then again, there was nothing to feel good about. Amadeus had never seen them whip ladies, but he was sure they were verbally abused on a regular basis by the horde rats.

"Hey there. Any reason you chose to sit back here in the dark and cold?" Amadeus asked as he sat next to her, making sure not to sit too close in case she became uncomfortable. He stuck the end of the stick into the ground, so that the fire didn't burn his fingers when it ate away at the wood.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Re: [Closed To LadyAnette Again!]

Postby LadyAnette » January 23rd, 2010, 9:49 am

[OCC: It's Sardy right? =)]

Name: Sardonyx (Commenly refered to as 'Sardy')
Species: Mouse
Personality: Sweet and caring to her friends. She has a loving additude and loves healing and taking care of the sick or needy. However, she has a fighting spirit and can be a ferocious fighter, often keeper of the famous 'bloodwrath' when angry. Although her other additudes, she really is sad because of her fate...and her past.
Description: A soft, brown fur with sparkling blue eyes. White paws, a white blotch over one eye and her ears. Usually wears a brown dress with a golden locket containing the portrait of her lost family. And with a rope painfully sewn into her left arm.
History: Sardy had a tragic life. Never knowing her parents, she was tormented by a group of vermin who sewed a rope into her arm. They beat at her and almost killed her as a babe. When she was old enough, she ran away and left to a nearby village where Amadeus lived. She was also tormented by the childen there and got captured as the other by the evil Brutus. Thus being beated by them, the only hope she ever found in was in Amadeus.
Picture: None
Current RPs: Coming soon. =)

The young mousemaid silently wept as she covered her tear stained face with her eyes. Upon hearing Amadeus's voice, she jumped slightly and with a sigh crouched down again and covered her face with her knees as she hugged them. She looked at Amadeus and asked him in almost a whisper, her voice carrying out into the distance and having a lonely and depression to it, giving any cold-hearted creature a heartache.

"Ever felt like you were a fool? Felt like you were the only person in the world who was different. Without family, friends, people who cared? Wondered why the world was cruel? How you are sitting here, still alive with nothing to live for? To die right now if you could." She gazed up into Amadeus's face, her eyes were sparkling, yet showed a great sadness and sorrow. "That's how I feel. Nobody wants me. Nobody cares. I just stay by myself. Alone. Why would people care? Just a stupid mouse with her stupid face, stupid dress, stupid life," Then she looked down onto the ground in anguish. "And a stupid stupid rope!" She showed Amadeus her arm which had a thick piece of rope painfully sewn into her arm. She dangled it as she told Amadeus her name.

"My name is Sardonyx. What a stupid name. People call me Sardy, however." She dropped her head down in shame as her hair, which was quite long for a mousemaid, drooped down and covered part of her face. Tears driped from them as she dug her claws into her arm, wishing that she could get the dreadful rope out, continueing her sad story.

"I lived but never knew my family. All I remember as a babe was a dreadful creature with red, gleaming eyes hovering over me as he took a needle and stabbed it into my arm. They kept me as a slave. When I was a babe, they'd make me do chores for them. But being a babe, I didn't know how. Thus, they beated me and stabbed me. When I grew older, they gave me the nickname of 'Ropelasher.' I couldn't stand it any longer and ran away. I found this village and I struggled to find a family who would take me in. But who wants an almost killed mousemaid with a rope on her arm? So finally somebody took me, but the other children perstered me and called me 'Sardy the Ropelasher.' They beat me as well as the people who took me as a babe. Then those vermin came and nearly killed me too. I keep myself from the others. They'd just torment me now."
Sardy drooped her head even more as she wept.
Last edited by LadyAnette on January 23rd, 2010, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyAnette

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Baya » January 23rd, 2010, 4:50 pm

Amadeus tilted his head, listening to her story with great attention. He hated to see a mousemaid weep, even though he saw it so often. His heart sank as he listened to her story of pain, and her loss of hope in everyone. Amadeus looked down sadly, as he continued to listen to her weep after she had finished telling her story, and he really didn't know what he could possibly say to make her feel better. He couldn't tell her it would be any better here. He couldn't tell her that she wouldn't be made fun of by the other slaves for that rope. Amadeus thought for a moment, and he knew what he could assure her.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you, and how you were treated. I can't relate to that sad past. What I can say however, is that you shouldn't put yourself down like this. You should think that those that avoid you don't deserve to be around you. You gotta think you are too good for them, not the other way around. As for that rope, I'm pretty sure it can be removed if I convince one of the slave doctors to help." Amadeus explained. The slave doctors were as their name suggested, slaves that were doctors in their past villages. Amadeus wasn't sure how the procedure would be done, if Sardy wanted the rope removed, but he knew it wouldn't take too long.

"I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Amadeus Longtail. As you can see, I'm a little different too. Look at me! White fur!" Amadeus said with a chuckle. "Well, not entirely white right now. It was my night to feed the fire so I'm a little sooty. Want to come help feed the fire?" Amadeus asked. "By throwing wood in it I mean!" Amadeus added quickly, hoping it didn't sound like he was going to feed HER To the fire. Amadeus stood, and offered a paw for Sardy to take.
Baya

Postby LadyAnette » January 23rd, 2010, 8:39 pm

[OCC: I'm changing the rope to thick for more effect. =P]

Sardy chuckled slightly as she got painfully up and took Amadeus's hand.

"Heheh. Well you're an Albino. That's not as bad as me, I mean, you don't see a mousemaid with a rope in her arm," She chuckled still more, but in a few moments her eyes turned to hate as she gazed into the fire with one paw clenched and the other holding her long, thick rope.

"These people hurted me, in ways I bet you can't imagine. Tortured me, beated me, and laughed whenever I fell from the weight of my arm." She looked into Amadeus then, but there was a different look in them, something that prehaps he had never noticed before. Hatred. Sardy's eyes gleamed a deadly tint of red, she asked him, "Can you tie the end of the rope in a big knot, Amadeus?" She asked.

Realizing she probably scared him in some way, she laughed a little as she said,

"How foolish of me. Here, I'll be glad to help you with this wood." She struggled to keep her face down as she bent to pick up the firewood and feed it to the hungry flames. Her eyes still burned hatred and she didn't want to frighten her only friend away.

"Will you be my.......er...f-fr-f-ff-fr-," she stammered to say, face bashfully blushing.
LadyAnette

Postby Baya » January 23rd, 2010, 8:56 pm

Amadeus frowned as she spoke with such immense hatred. This was one thing the slaves didn't need among many other things like anger, jealousy and greed. "Sardy, it's not good to resent those that have hurt you. Just pity them, because everyone has been through their own torture." Amadeus explained quietly as he watched the flames dance before him.

Amadeus looked to her as she threw some more fire in. In the light, she didn't look as scraggy or dirty as the other slaves. In fact, Amadeus thought she looked quite stunning. Of course he wouldn't tell her that, because that would make things a little weirder then they needed to be. "You want me to be your friend?" Amadeus asked with a chuckle. "That's a silly question. We already are friends Sardy. We know each others names, I know about your past, and we are sitting here throwing wood into the fire together. What else could possibly make you think we aren't friends?" Amadeus asked as he looked to the other slaves who were eating.

"Ah, I think the food is ready. We aren't given much here, but I'm pretty sure you'll live off of it." Amadeus said with a nod as he stood, and got them their morsels. He sat down beside her again with a grunt, handing her a chunk of meat and half an apple.
Baya

Postby LadyAnette » January 24th, 2010, 5:56 am

Sardy gladly accepted the food and munched away thoughtfully as she pondered the question that was tugging at her mind for so long.

"Who has captured us? Why, Amadeus?" She gazed down at her hardly eaten apple as she sighed. "I wish I actually had a family you know? I'm sure you have one. What was it li-," she stopped in mid-sentance as she gazed at a dark lump over where a puddle was. The lump was shuffling and pawing at the water while snuffling it to see if it was clean.

Sardy leaned in on Amadeus and whispered to him,

"I'm going to go see who that is. I hope you don't mind?" She smiled as she gazed into his eyes, her heart pounding and she felt a great tenderness sweep across her. Sardonyx Tylia Wirldlan, for the first time in her life, felt loved. His caring and strong-hearted nature was touching and he was indeed handsome, although he was Albino. She found it quite attractive.

She played with her rope that dangled as she waited for his reply.
LadyAnette

Postby Baya » January 24th, 2010, 6:09 am

"It was that barbarian Brutus. He's a sick warlord who wants nothing more then to make everyone around him suffer. Be careful what you say about him, as the guards have very good hearing." Amadeus explained as he looked shiftily around. There were no guards near the camp at the moment. He listened to her ramble about not having a family, and also noticed the lump shuffling at the water.

"I'd be careful if I were you though. Should I come too?" Amadeus asked. He knew that went without much more question. It would be dangerous for a vulnerable mouse maiden like Sardy to be left alone with a mysterious other slave. He stood up and looked to Sardy.

"Come on then. If you want to check that out, then I guess we'll have to right?" Amadeus asked with a small smile.
Baya

Postby LadyAnette » January 24th, 2010, 6:20 am

Sardy smiled at him but shook her head no.

"No, Amadeus. I am quite sure on who is this strange lump. You just rest here and feed your fire. I'm quite capable of taking care of myself."
She walked away in silence as she silently crept up upon the stranger. Sardy scared whatever it was because she saw it jump in fright. Her eyes softened as she looked upon the thing that had crouching down and covering its face in fright as it stammered in hardly logical tongue.

"Hurr oi doen't be troing to hurt ee. Oi'm jurst a gurt moleymaid!" Sardy crouched down on her knees as she put her hand on the mole's shoulders.

"It's alright. I'm very sorry for scaring you. What's your name?" Sardy asked tenderly.

"Lily. Hurr that be'm moi name." The mole answered as she stopped her crouching and looked up at Sardy.

Sardy called over to Amadeus. "Come, Amadeus! This young mole is a friend of ours!"
LadyAnette

Postby Baya » January 24th, 2010, 6:29 am

Amadeus was feeding the fire when he was called over, and he looked to Sardy's direction. It seemed as though she had cheered up so much already. It made Amadeus happy to see that she was already making friends within the slave colony. He stood, and walked towards Lily and Sardy. It wasn't odd for a mole to be brought in to do slave work, but all they were really good for was mining and digging. They couldn't build that well, and frankly Amadeus found them hard to understand sometimes.

Amadeus finally reached Sardy and Lily. "A friend you say? Well alot of people are our friends here Sardy. Your face is a new one though, so I'll just introduce myself. I'm Amadeus." Amadeus said with a smile, holding his paw out to Lily. He didn't want to seem unfriendly, and perhaps with this mole maiden he could learn a bit about the mole way of living.
Baya

Postby LadyAnette » January 29th, 2010, 5:48 am

Lily cowered backwards and hid behind Sardy in fright. You never know what kinds of beasts may be lurking around. Sardy chuckled slightly as she pushed Lily forward gently, encouraging her on to see Amadeus.

"It's alright, Lily. He's a friend of ours. Actually my first friend I ever had....he won't hurt you." Then she pushed Lily forward more and she came running towards Amadeus. She began to blush as her digging claws were behind her back, fiddling around bashfully.

"Hurr noice to meet yur sir. 'Scuse oi. Oi'm moity frikened of ee mousys. Hurr aye!" She held out her digging claws towards Amadeus and blinked. The frightened mole looked back at Sardy as her friend looked back at her and moved her eyes as to make her move forward and not be afraid. Lily gulped while trying to be brave.

Sardy was wondering what could be bothering the mole. Mole's usually aren't that bashful around other creatures she thought. Prehaps something happened to her kind of like me. She gazed into the eyes of Lily looking at her with a sort of sadness that touched Sardy's heart, and she hoped that Amadeus would like her like she did.
LadyAnette

Next

Return to Role Play (OT)