[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Dark Huntress » May 17th, 2013, 8:48 pm

"I'm sorry for my cool demeanor, but it is hard to forgive someone who put my dragon in danger," Rhinnëa put a hand on Gweir's neck. "I'm sure you understand, as a Rider. We are sworn protectors of Algaesia and Du Weldenvarden, bound by both our positions and my yäwe."

And we are searching for a weakness of the coward-youngling-lack wise king, Gweir added,if you seek allies against that Ra'zac-brained-fleabitten mutt, you have foun them. My teeth-claws-wings are sworn to defeating him.

"And my sword and magic," Rhinnëa added.

"And my bow."

Eyulf's declaration rather startled Rhinnëa. "I cannot al-," she began.

"I offer it freely," he glance around,"let's get out of here before more of those demons show up-they make my backbone shiver. He wriggled as if to illustrate his point an slung his bow across his back.

Rhinnëa gave Gweir a doubting look. Are you sure about him? He's...odd. Gweir shook his massive, metallic head and snorted in amusement.

I am sure, Fair One, he gestured to his back. Now hurry up-night is falling and the human cannot see well. Rhinnëa obeyed, still shaking her head and, by extension, glittered ponytail.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » May 18th, 2013, 4:45 pm

'Of course I understand,' Rivera said, pretending to forget all the about the upset.

Why are all elves so STUBBORN? She asked Lyrea, annoyed, but humorous.

Have you forgotten you are part elf?

Where do you think I get it from? Rivera replied, laughing despite the pain in her leg. She knew she got some funny looks, but couldn't care less. They'd just assume she was delirious from the pain.

'And we accept your proposition. We would be honoured to join you against those beasts'. Her eyes were burning with determination, giving her an evil look. Her oddly coloured eyes did nothing to help.

As we were flying here, we came caught sight of an opportune place. It has trees, taller than I have ever seen before. There are gaps that could easily cover a dragon, and there are lots of safe lakes. The floor is covered in moss, so a perfect place for the two-legs to sleep. As she spoke, both Rivera and Nellas noted how differently she sounded to Gweir.

Probably down to me, she thought, speaking to her sister through their minds.

'Are you sure it's safe?' The elf said.

The elf has a name, Lyrea gently said to Rivera.

Habit, came her reply.

'As safe as we can get,' said Nellas.

Rivera became acutely aware she was the only one on the ground. It made her feel inadequate, so rather than wait for her sister to help her up, she heaved herself upright using the long, black staff. She gingerly put some weigh on her leg. All of the colour drained from her face, and she would have fallen, had Lyrea's tail not shot out and caught her around the waist.

'Lets go.' She said through gritted teeth.

'Just let me put more bandages on!' Nellas said, hurrying over.

'I don't need more-' she abruptly cut off as she saw the red stain on her leggings. She swore.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » May 18th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Rhinnëa rolled her eyes at Rivera. She's ridiculously stubborn, she muttered to Gweir. He snored with obvious amusement.

Yes, I suppose she is, he replied. Reminds me of another Rider I know. He glanced back at her and chuckled.

Hey! Not me.

You would butt heads with Urgals if you felt it would prove something.

Rhinnëa huffed then the tips of her pink lips curved upwards in amusement. I would win too, she laughed. She glanced over at Rivera, whom Nellas seemed to have bandaged up again. Take off, Gweir, she ordered and braced herself as he leapt heavily off the ground. His descent, this time, was much more gentle and Eyulf seemed to enjoy it better.

When Rhinnëa noted her observation he replied: "It's easier to enjoy something when you aren't afraid of falling off the back of whatever you're riding." Gweir seemed less than appreciative.

I'm a dragon, mortal. Do not forget or I shall reduce you to a smudge, a bloodstain in the sand.

Rhinnëa stifled a laugh. Gweir was so defensive. She glanced over her shoulder at the others. "Hurry!" she called and pointed towers the sunset,"I don't believe Eyulf can make it through an entire night without a dragon of his own!" She chirped in laughter.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 18th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Rivera and the others flew for only 10 minutes when the forest came into their line of sight.

'There it is!' She called, pointing to the greenery that interrupted the smooth horizon.

They slowly began to descent, after having found a large enough clearing for both the dragons to land in. For most of the flight, Gweir and Lyrea were having a conversation with each other. With a jolt, Rivera realised that Gweir was the only other free dragon Lyrea had met, that came anywhere near close to her size and age.

You like him! Rivera yelled triumphantly to Lyrea.

I do not! She replied indignantly.

Yes, you do! Teased Nellas, joining in their conversation.

How come you always include Nellas? Whined Lyrea. Rivera laughed.

I didn't. She was just listening in.

Sorry, Nellas apologised. I think you'd be sweet together, she added as an afterthought.

Dragons are not sweet! Replied Lyrea, but you could hear the affection in her tone.

Just don't rush into anything, OK? Rivera said, but she was joking. It was what Lyrea said on many occasions.

We're landing now, Lyrea said, her mood changing abruptly.

So they landed, and the two dragons found a large enough space for the two of them, where they engaged in mental conversation again. Rivera and Nellas, however, didn't get along so smoothly.

'I don't want to go to sleep!' Nellas yelled.

'Well, you're going to!' Replied Rivera, trying not to laugh.

'No!'

'Yes!'

'I think you should listen to your sister,' Eyulf observed to Nellas. So she went to bed in a huff, and Rivera knew it was because Nellas thought the human was attractive.

'I'm going to bed as well,' he said, which seemed to mollify her, as she fell asleep soundly within minutes.

It was just the elf, Rhinnëa, and Rivera left. Rivera was sat on a dark wooden stump, thinking deeply about the days occurrences. She had never thought they would have found allies. Let alone another elf, the very race they had been trying to free themselves of in the first place. And it came as a shock to Rivera when she realised she had been sending all of these things to Rhinnëa.

'Sorry,' she said, highly embarrassed. 'I didn't mean to burden you with our troubles.'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 19th, 2013, 2:06 am

"Troubles are only troubles when they are your own," Rhinnëa remarked, then smiled. "If you tell someone they are public knowledge." She glanced back at Nellas, somewhat envying Rivera of her sister. She may have still been a child herself but she still appreciated children. "Does she ever get annoying?"

She looked at the ground quickly. "I'm sorry-it's not my place," she apologized quickly, her natural elven reservedness preventing her from saying what she wanted to freely when it may anger someone. It was only put of wisdom, however. "What do you think about Eyulf," she change the subject. "Do you think he'll hold up?"

Eyulf listened to the elf as he shifted his position. She was...interesting. And beautiful. All of them were. It was rather a human's males dream. But I'm not human, he reminded himself. At least not completely." With that pricking the back of his conscience he turned over and fell asleep quickly, the ground finally yielding a satisfactory position.

One thing above all lingered in the forefront of his mind, even as he slept: I. Will. Hold.

Gweir roasted the ground underneath him then stomped out the embers. Perhaps the fire he spewed was a little hotter than necessary and he made the muscles in the lean body a little too prominent as he moved in a circle. He sat down, for lack of a better word, gracefully. He looked up at Lyrea then blinked coyly. Was she on to his efforts to show off?

Where does one so mighty-a-huntress and fierce-a-warrior as you come from? he asked her in a rumbling tone, which bore much semblance to a much louder version of the purring of a housecat. Knowing full well she may not answer, he opened his mind and engulfed hers in his memories, showing where they'd come from, why they were their, and why they were sworn to destroy the king.

Him looking up at Rhinnëa, a willowy girl of eleven, for the first time after hatching. Them fishing and fighting and flying. So much laughter, so much happiness. The sun was bright and forest inviting, the lakes fresh and elves satisfied.

Suddenly, the images changed so that the trees were burning and village smoking. Smoke stung Rhinnëa and, by extension, his throats. Two hooded figures riding upon massive black mounts-Ra'zac and Lethrblaka, and leading them, a Shade.

A confusing jumble of images and emotions clouded Gweir's conscience.

Gweir severed the connection quickly. Many apologies, he said in low, hard voice. I didn't mean to intrude.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 19th, 2013, 10:32 am

Lyrea gently touched Gweir's conscience.

There is no need to apologise. She said. He didn't respond, but gratitude radiated off off him.

Goodnight, friend. She spoke quietly to him, aware he was upset, or rather unsettled, by what had passed. Very quickly, she flashed him some images.

-----

Coming out of a world full of black to see the only creature that mattered.
Not being allowed to fly far enough with Rivera.
Nellas crying.
Something Rivera had shared with her when Lyrea asked about her burning hatred for the human king and the beastly Ra'zac- two young girls, hiding, screaming coming from outside. Then being hurried away by a man, who left them in Ellesmera.
Planning to leave Ellesmera, where they refused to let either of them go after the king & company.
Sharing Rivera's burning hatred for the Ra'zac.
Leaving their home.
Finding Nellas hidden in a large bag.

------
Lyrea didn't wait for a response. She blocked her mind, and dozed off.

'I think he'll hold.' Rivera said, smiling. 'And yes, she's very often annoying, but incredibly useful. I think she finds me annoying, because as much as I like to think as myself as just her sister, I know I mother her. I can't really help it. She's my sister. But I love her, so I do what I do to protect her. It's just the way, isn't it? Everyone has someone who they'd die for. I have two,' she gestured first to Nellas, and then to Lyrea. Then Rivera realised Lyrea was blocking her from her mind.

A puzzled look crossed Rivera's face.

What is it?

No response.

Lyrea? Lyrea? You can tell me, you know.

Finally, a response.

I don't want to talk about it. Rivera narrowed her eyes.

'Forgive, please. I have a matter to asses.' Rhinnëa nodded. With a determined face, Rivera stood. The pain increased as she slowly approached Lyrea, but she ignored it. She reached out a hand to touch Lyrea.

You can tell me. She murmured. Suddenly, Lyrea returned to her mind. A flash of images.

Oh, was her only response. Did you expect me to be annoyed? Lyrea shook her head.

I would have appreciated you not showing that, but what's done is done. They would have found out anyway.

A rumble escaped Lyrea's lips.

'See?' Rivera whispered aloud. 'I don't mind.'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 19th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Rhinnëa watched Rivera and Lyrea converse for a few moments before standing and approaching Gweir. She poked his tail which he'd wrapped around his massive body. He wordlessly unwrapped his tail and raised his wings. Rhinnëa crawled next to his warm, white belly and curled up. Gweir folded his wings and wrapped his tail around her, this time more gently.

Dream well Fair One... he trailed off as Rhinnëa slipped into slumber.

===

Rhinnëa awoke to find herself laying on a string of soft saddlebags. Presumably the ones with blankets and other more comfortable items within. She sat up slowly, casting a glance around herself.

She grunted a little, feeling tired, and tugged on her leather boots. She cracked her knuckles over her head and shook her shimmering hair out of it's braid, causing it to cascade over her shoulders in a starlit waterfall. With a rather dramatic sigh, Rhinnëa smoothed her hair back into a high ponytail and wrapped a leather thing around it.

She stood haltingly and cast her emerald eyes around. She could see
neither Gweir nor Lyrea and automatically assumed tey were hunting.

"Sleep well?" Rhinnëa would've jumped, had she not been so used to surprises. She turned to face Eyulf who was sharpening a hunting knife.

"Yes." She answered, using no more verbiage than was necessary-Eyulf concerned her and Gweir's statements did not assist her attempts to trust the darkly colored boy.

"Still not talking to me?" he asked, flashing a white smile.

Rhinnëa gave him an unimpressed look, despite his rather adorable smile. "Why would you say that?" she asked as she belted Ignasia around her waist.

"Oh, no reason, except you've said only five words since I met you."

"And that is surprising why-?"

"Because you've saved my life in that time as well."

Rhinnëa shrugged. "I was just returning the favor." She flicked her bangs out of her wide, slanted eyes and stared at him. "Now I've said more than five words."

Gweir! she mentally shouted, wanting to escape Eyulf. Gweir ignored her, however, as he was stalking his prey. Fortunately, Nellas and Rivera joined them and Rhinnëa, once again, was saved.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 19th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Rivera couldn't help but chuckle slightly as she heard Rhinnëa's thoughts. Unconsciously, the elf had projected her desperation onto the two sister's minds, and they had quickly 'run' to rescue her. Seeing as Rivera could only hobble, they arrived a little later than planned, but 'saved' her as they had wanted.

'Lyrea and Gweir are looking for some breakfast.' She said.

You reckon that's the only thing they're doing? Teased Nellas, but Rivera had shared what Lyrea had shown Gweir, and they were most likely discussing it now. That or pretending the other dragon didn't exist.

Awkward either way.

Rivera turned to Rhinnëa, trying to figure out how to strike up a conversation. The elf was looking at her expectantly.

'So...' She started, having no idea why to say. Nellas was trying not to laugh. Rivera elbowed her, getting a disdainful look from Rhinnëa.

Probably an only child, noted Rivera.

Yeah. And the only reason I didn't elbow you back was because you're already hurt. I didn't need to make your life any more painful than it is now! She added sarcastically.

'Came as fast as we can!' Rivera chirped up.

She saw the elf's cheeks flush.

I didn't realise I was doing that, Rhinnëa said uncomfortably.

Oh, I do that all the time, as you found out yesterday. I don't get why you want to get away from him. He's quite good looking, for a human. She added.

Rivera had never found elves attractive, really. She could appreciate their beauty, but she preferred humans herself, as she had found out after leaving her home for the new world.

At that precise moment, the dragons reappeared.

How'd it go? Asked Rivera anxiously.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 20th, 2013, 12:23 am

Well, thank you, elf-Rivera-Lyrea's-Rider, Gweir responded to Rivera's question. We got enough meat to fill our bellies. He turned to Eyulf and projected his thoughts towards him, I'm sorry we did not bring you anything, but as our Riders do not eat meat, we did not think to.

Rhinnëa sighed and glanced at Eyulf then back to Rivera. He rather is, she admitted, marking his strong, handsome features and tanned skin. His features lack not the character and strength of our menfolk. She couldn't lie, it was against her upbringing.

With a slight blush tinging her angular face, Rhinnëa turned to Gweir and nodded pleasantly. "That is good to hear," she said, attempting to hide her embarrassment. Try as she may, she couldn't hide the fact from Gweir however.

Does the human interest you, Rhinnëa? he asked casually.

Rhinnëa gave him an emerald glare and turned back to Rivera. Please do not mistake my attraction for Eyulf as a weakness. Her voice softened, I thank you for saving me from conversing with him. Truth be told, he makes me...uncomfortable, and not because I find him handsome, rather because I know so little about him.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 20th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Rivera grinned.

I get what you mean. She said to Rhinnëa.

Out of nowhere, Nellas' stomach growled loudly.

'Hungry?' Rivera asked.

'Starving!' Replied Nellas.

'Actually, I'm hungry too. What about you?' She gestured to Eyulf and Rhinnëa. They both nodded.

Rivera closed her eyes, and let herself slip away. She was still there, but in a trance. She looked at all of the animals surrounding them; not one missed her glance. She travelled a little further, until she found what she was looking for. A big huddle of berries, with some mushrooms growing underneath. She knew they were safe- she'd recognise those berries anywhere.

'Found it!' She announced, snapping out of her trance.

'Where?' Nellas asked immediately.

'Just around that tree. There are some mushrooms, berries, and some flowers to eat, seeing as we've completely run out.'

'I'm on it,' Nellas said, running where her sister directed her. Rivera settled down on a rotting stump of a tree, waiting for her sister to return. While she was waiting, she floated a pack over to he side. Small acts of magic like this never really drained her- only difficult bits.

Nellas came back with her arm overflowing with greens, mushrooms, flowers and berries.

'You didn't tell me those were the BORING mushrooms. They taste like nothing!' Nellas whined.

See what I mean? Rivera said to Rhinnëa, who was trying to suppress a smile.

'What do you want me to do? Get you some meat?' She asked.

'Yes' said Nellas. Rivers sighed. She knew they weren't suppose to eat meat, but Nellas was getting skinny, so it was probably alright. The protein would so her good. It was one thing being surrounded by fellow elves, where protein-rich plants an such were plenty, but on the run, it was very difficult.

'Give me your bow.' She commanded. Nellas passed her bow, arrow fitted in, without a moments hesitation. She closed her eyes, in her trance, and found a large hare, one with its leg severely bitten. It wouldn't last until the end of the day, so she was putting it out of its misery.

The arrow sailed out of the bow with a whoosh. Rivera opened her eyes. She had hit it straight through the eye.

Nellas passed the hare over, and Rivera started to skin it.

'If you ask nicely,' she said, turning to Eyulf 'I'm sure Nellas would give you some.'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)