[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Dark Huntress » May 29th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Both Gweir and Lyrea moved forward at the same time to catch Rivera, resulting in the two bumping heads and Rivera collapsing onto the ground. Rhinnëa's eyebrows shot up in mute surprise and she rushed forward.

Zaq surprised her by beating her there. She stood back, watching him meticulously as he knelt by Rivera and beckoned to his sister who responded by chanting a low voice.

Moments later, Rivera's eyes flickered open. Zaq pulled her into a sitting position with her elbow and flashed an easy white smile. "Okay?"

Rhinnëa watched Zaq with strange feelings brewing in her. Feelings that made her feel like she should care but she didn't. She sighed and shook them away, guarding herself.

Guard your heart with him, Fair One, Gweir warned sagely.

Oh, I don't think I have to worry about him, she responded, launching her words at Zaq as well as Gweir. Zaq turned and gave her a devious grin.

"Oh, but you do!"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » May 30th, 2013, 8:20 am

Rivera's eyes opened. She was in the floor. She glared at the sky, and made a mental note to heal her leg as soon as possible. She tried to get up, but her leg wasn't responding.

'Oh-' an array of colourful swear words in multiple languages erupted from her mouth. Nellas laughed and carefully bent over her sister, inching away the bandages to reveal a heavily swollen leg, pus and all.

Rivera swore again, this time in elven (even though many people believed the fair folk had no swear words, they did). Zak looked at her with a grin on his face.

If he keeps doing that, Rivera grumbled to Lyrea, I'll-

Doing what? She asked, although Rivera couldn't quite tell if she was serious or not.

Helping me, then flirting with Rhinnëa! And looking at me like that! Her voice was strangely full of hurt.

In a comforting gesture, Lyrea lent forward and rubbed her nose on Rivera's cheek. Everyone else would have assumed it was a gesture to soothe the injured Rider, but really, it was Lyrea's way of saying that she was here.

Don't get too caught up in him; but I do sense he doesn't really have any feeling for Rhinnëa. It's most likely because she's and elf. She carefully shared the last sentence and a half with Gweir- he regally nodded in acknowledgement.

'That looks nasty,' Zaq noted.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » May 30th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Rhinnëa noted Rivera's annoyance with much amusement. Humans are so petty, she chuckled to Gweir. He answered by blinking at her.

She is part elf.

Not that you would know! We are in the middle of one of Algaesia's biggest crises since the reign of Galbatorix and she's worried about a guy liking her. Rhinnëa snorted, showing her distaste for Rivera's behavior.

You will understand one day when you are the one wanting attention! Gweir said, earning a nod from Lyrea.

Rhinnëa shrugged nonchalantly. All men like me, she sniffed. Unfortunately. She stretched a little and turned back to Rivera. "I can heal much of that."

Nellas started to say something in protest, but Rhinnëa cut her off. "You can't use magic on the wound, but," she cut her eyes at Zaq,"if you imbue something else with magical qualities it will still work the same."

As if to illustrate her point she snatched one of Zaq's braces of his forearm. "Hey!" he exclaimed. She gave him her prettiest smile and he shut up. She sighed and shook her head then placed the hard leather object against Rivera's leg.

Rhinnëa did not seem to notice as Rivera flinched. She mumbled a few words before taking the brace off to reveal a healthy looking, nearly healed scab beneath. She smiled at River. "Better?"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 30th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Rivera let out a huge sigh of relief.

'Much,' she purred, twisting her leg, revelling in the painless motion.

And don't judge me! She whispered to Rhinnëa, a both of them started to laugh in the ridiculousness of the situation. The two of them got strange looks from their company, but they ignored them.

'Here, lemme help you up,' Nellas said, reaching for her arm. At the same time, Eldárwen grabbed her other arm, and they heaved her up together.

'Thanks,' Rivera grunted, testing her new leg.

'Everything good?' Asked Eldárwen.

'Yup. Now I can travel faster than a hobble! Thanks,' she said, giving Rhinnëa a quick smile.

'So,' Nellas said, her eyebrows arched, 'where do we go now?'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 31st, 2013, 12:02 am

Don't take Zaq seriously-he's just male. And I don't like him. At all. He's too human for me! Rhinnëa shrugged,When you share with Gweir without giving him warning, to share with me!

She stood, rising on her tiptoes, and stretched, displaying her lovely athletic build. She untied her blonde hair then smoothed it back into a braid and place her band back across he forehead, keeping her hair out of her eyes.

"What?" she asked as Zaq and Eyulf. "Can't a girl let her hair down."

Zaq cleared his throat and Eyulf continued staring. "You needn't sound so surprised. We all know you did that on purpose Zaq said, feigning being put off. Gweir chortled and pawed the ground.

"Mhm." Rhinnëa gave the blonde-haired boy a dry look. "Jierda!" She grinned as his weapons flew into her hands. Heheh! She chuckled mentally and tossed Zaq's items back to him. He gave her an untrusting look and tucked them back under his pack.

I love being evil, she said playfully to Rivera and Gweir. "Anyway," she continued,"where are we going?"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 31st, 2013, 8:23 am

'That's what I said!' Nellas whined, pouting. Rivera tried and failed to suppress a smile at her sisters antics, but shook her head at her behaviour.

'Well, I take it we're all sort of here because we hate the king?' Rivera asked. Everyone nodded, including the dragons.

'So, there's no way we can attack him with 6 people and two dragons. We'd need to get into his castle, attack him and his dragon, who takes up about half of his palace, and we'd also have to vanquish all of his followers. That's one helluvah list for us.'

There was silence for several minutes whilst everyone got their heads around what Rivera said.

'Well...' Nellas said, the first to speak up.

'Yes?' Eldárwen asked.

'We could...' She shot an uncomfortable look at her sister.

'What could be so bad-' Rivera cut off abruptly as she saw her sisters plan.

You would have had to go back anyway, Lyrea reminded her gently.

'There's a reason I left that godforsaken place! I don't fit in, and I never will!' Rivera yelled.

'Where?' Asked Rhinnëa, worry only evident to Rivera. She refused to answer, and instead glared at the floor.

'Where?' Rhinnëa asked, appealing to Nellas.

'To the elves,' she replied.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » June 1st, 2013, 7:27 pm

"I thought we were going to go to Surda?" Eyulf asked, brow furrowing in, seemingly, frustration. Zaq shook his head, dirty blonde hair flopping a little.

"No. No one has the guts to speak out there: we've tried. Why else would we be out here?"

"Maybe I thought you liked the scenery," Rhinnëa said sarcastically, flicking him a look.

"Haha! You are one funny elf," Zaq laughed facetiously. Rhinnëa shrugged and inspected her nails.

I try, she smirked at him.

Eyulf seemed to not notice any of the two's rather immature conversation. "We'll never know if we never try," he protested. Rhinnëa gave him an incredulous look.

"Why do you want to go so bad?"

"Oh," Eyulf shifted uncomfortably. "No reason, exactly. It just seems like the best place for me-us to go."

His thoughts betraying him, Rhinnëa gasped a little and narrowed her eyes. She strode up to him and pushed him backwards. "You've been playing us this whole time! Trying to get us to go to Surda for your own, selfish purposes!" She pushed him again.

"Stop!"

"No!"

"Stop," Eyulf growled. His skin rippled with fur and his teeth bared in a feral snarl. "Don't touch me."

Gweir's silvery head snaked protectively to Rhinnëa's side. He hissed angrily at Eyulf. Watch your tongue, Wolfboy. There are some things that your curse can't protect you from.

Eyulf swallowed, giving Gweir a wary look. As Gweir stepped backwards to stand once more by Lyrea, he Glanced to Rhinnëa who seemed frozen, staring at him angrily. "I'm sorry, sometimes the wolf gets out of control."

"Then control it," she spat and stalked over towards Gweir. She folded her arms and laid her head against his vibrating side. I don't like him, she huffed.

He doesn't mind you, Gweir hummed, laying his head on the ground.

Why would you say that?

Because I know that he finds you pretty and exotic.

Rhinnëa let out a choked laugh, ignoring the looks of others. Yippee for him. She rolled over onto her side, her head remaining leant against his belly.

Zaq glanced from Rhinnëa to Eyulf then to Rivera and Nellas. "Anyway," he cleared his throat. "To the elves?"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » June 1st, 2013, 8:23 pm

Rivera's gold eye shone menacingly.

'They won't accept me. I ran. Any they'll say I took Nellas against her will. I will not be welcomed!' She half yelled. Her eyes shone with tears. 'Not that they ever wanted me in the first place,' she spat.

'They won't harm you,' Eldárwen murmured. 'Not whilst Lyrea is your dragon.' Rivera dropped her eyes in shame.

'Just don't hold me responsible for my actions,' Rivera said vehemently. Nellas chuckled and gently placed a hand on her sisters arm.

Calm yourself, small one. You will be protected by me; as long as I reside with you, not one foul word will touch your ears, Lyrea conceded.

Oh, no. That's just because the elves are so in love with dragons, they'd never dare hurt you! She snarled.

The only ones who have true respect and love for dragons are riders themselves, Nellas said, nodding her head to Rhinnëa, who gave her a grateful smile.

'Fine. Have you eaten recently?' Rivera asked Eldárwen.

'Oh, yes. We had a a stone throws far from a feast, just before you arrived,' she replied.

'So we should fly through the night.' Rivera received nods in response. 'Right,' she said looking around at the assortment of creatures that surrounded her.

'Three people per dragon?' Nellas suggested.

'Yes. The only problem is who goes where.' She looked at Rhinnëa. 'We'll stay on our respective dragons, but go ahead and choose who else you want,' she said with a crooked smile.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » June 1st, 2013, 9:09 pm

"That sounds about right," Rhinnëa replied, knowing that Gweir would not be overly tired by carrying three people. "As to who rides where, I honestly have no preferences." Do you? she asked Gweir.

No, Fair One.

She nodded. Zaq playfully placed a hand on Eldárwen's crown of raven hair and grinned as she pushed it off, shooting him a fiercely angry look. "I believe my sister should go with yours," he said, indicating Rivera with his head. "She seems to get along famously with your sister." Rhinnëa shrugged. His assumption did seem true and the two girls would entertain eachother. He glanced at Rhinnëa,"That only leaves who they should ride with."

Rivera. Rhinnëa was glad Gweir had said it-everyone respected the dragon. Who wouldn't? He continued,"Who better to keep them in line should that need to happen? Rhinnëa and I both would be completely confused. Also, it makes for a lighter load for Lyrea. He beamed a little at the midnight dragon, making Rhinnëa smother a laugh. Be quiet! he snapped at her privately. We all have our favorites.

I don't.

I'm not sure about that!

Rhinnëa sighed,"So I have to ride with the boys." She groaned a little though she had to admit: Gweir did have a very good point. She would be lost with Nellas and, as they'd not really spoken, it would be awkward.

Zaq swung his pack off of his muscle shoulders and held it out toward Rhinnëa,"Yes, I'm sorry if my existence has inconvenienced you!"

Rhinnëa took it and gave him a pretty, faux smile. "Oh! Not at all," her expression soured. "Only my meeting you!" He chuckled and she moodily fastened it to one her saddlebags. Adjacent to her, Eyylf was fastening his belongings. Rhinnëa sighed and glanced up at the saddle. It was big enough if they crammed together but she had to sit next to Gweir, at least, that was what she and Gweir wanted, and she wasnt sure how the two bous would like it all smushed together. She shrugged. They would have to live and get over it.

She pulled herself up and looked behind her. "Who's where?" she asked, giving them an irritated look. Eyulf crawled up first and Zaq followed, climbing in front of Eyulf. He held her around the waist a littlw too tightly for her taste and gave her an innocent look as she turned to day something. This is going to be fun! she thought unenthusiastically as she waiting for Rivera and the girls to get ready.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » June 1st, 2013, 9:23 pm

Rivera felt bad when Rhinnëa got left with the boys.

You sure? I can survive with them. You don't have to inconvenience yourself! She told her. Rhinnëa minutely shook her head.

Okay, then. She went to speak with Lyrea, only to find her engaged in conversation with Gweir. She had to suppress a smile.

'Right,' she said, turning to the girls. 'Who's going where?' After a small bicker about who got to sit at the front, between Rivera and Nellas, Lyrea intervened.

ENOUGH!! She roared. The sisters meekly glanced at the dragon. Just get on my back!

Rivera leapt up, settling happily at the front. Nellas grumbled, but she ignored her.

'You ready yet?' Called Zaq.

'Nearly!' Yelled Eldárwen.

'Hold on tight!' Rivera grunted, as Lyrea's leathery wings swept open and propelled them into the air. Gweir joined them merely seconds after. They rode and rode- Rivera carefully tied all three of them to the saddle, as it was likely one would fall asleep. She was right, because she heard her sisters voice hiss into her ear:

'She's fallen asleep!'

'Okay then,' she replied, and soon Nellas was snoring softly against her back. Rivera glanced at her sister. She looked several years younger as she slept, and Rivera smiled to herself.

How are you? Lyrea asked.

Me? What about you? How's it going with Gweir? Lyrea let out a puff of smoke in response. Rivera laughed, and snuggled closer to her great form. Within minutes, she was asleep.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)