[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Kung Fu Panda: Qiang's Rage — My Lion King Forum

Kung Fu Panda: Qiang's Rage

Kung Fu Panda: Qiang's Rage

Postby Baya » December 14th, 2011, 6:58 pm

He walked by all the destruction his student had done. The soot of fire was heavy in the air as the wind pushed by, the smell of it almost making the ageing master sick. He looked at the many villagers who were injured upon his entry, his blue eyes laminated with sorrow and a feel of guilt. There was a new moon that night, and so there should've been so that at least there would've been little light to look at his pupil's face after all this destruction he had caused. His ears flexed back as he noticed his pupil walking towards him, with a smile on his face. Did he even know what he had done?

"Master. I've done what you've asked and eliminated the -" Qiang the pupil Tiger began. His master, Jie De, held a paw up to silence his disciple. He was not pleased at all with what was done here today, and he had orders from the Emperor himself, orders he could not ignore.

"Qiang. I asked you to capture the noble bear, not kill him. I asked you to save this village, NOT DESTROY IT!" Jie De roared harshly as he glared at his disciple in both shame. This was one rare instance where his own anger would manifest. He thought so highly of his pupil, and now he had to be put away forever. It was only fair that he do the deed, as he had failed Qiang as a teacher, by not being able to teach him to suppress his anger.

"He was a wealthy creature, he could've gotten out sooner and done this to another village master!" Qiang shouted back, his chest heaving.

"You and I both know that is not why you killed him. You let your past rule your present, as I've taught you not to countless times! You've devastated an entire village, as he has devastated yours. I'm sorry I must do this Qiang." Jie De said with a sad shake of his mighty head. He lunged at his disciple and hit three pressure points around his heart. Within seconds he fell to the floor, unconscious. Imperial guards then marched out from behind several buildings, as they had been hiding until the time came as Jie had instructed, grabbing ahold of the young disciple.

"You are a man of honor, Jie De." One of them commented. Jie De felt a lurch in his heart at these words.

"No. I deserve execution not him. I failed him as a mentor...but he must be locked away. His anger only grows, and it makes him stronger in ways we cannot handle. Use the toughest chains you can, and do not let a single limb be free from them!" Jie De ordered as he then turned and took one last look to the village, and one last look to his disciple. His heart felt broken. Such a promising young man.

"You could've been so much, Qiang, if you only learned to control your rage." Jie De said sadly as he started to walk away, leaving the rest of the job to the guards of the Emperor.

//

Now Jie had made his way to the Valley of Peace over the past year, as it was his one true home. He knew his place as Tiger had long passed in the furious five, but he figured he would act as a guide like Oogway had. That and he felt lost, and was in need of Oogway's old guidance. He walked through the village, with only some old timers being able to recognize him for his youthful heroism. Ah yes, he and Shifu almost broke every limb in their bodies trying to protect this Valley from a barbaric attack many years ago. They were successful, and there was no feeling greater than knowing he could protect so many with his strength.

He made his way up the many flights of stairs, taking his sweet time to take in the scenery. The sun was high in the sky, meaning it was noon and not a cloud was in sight. A short breeze whipped around him, and he closed his eyes for a moment. How could one ever be so angry, with so much peace and calmness around them? He continued walking up the stairs, not stopping this time. By the time he made it to the top the sun was beginning to set. Jie knocked on the mighty gate three times and waited. When the door opened he looked down to Shifu.

"Evening." Jie De murmured as he bowed his head in respect to the fellow master. Shifu looked up at Jie and smirked bowing back.

"Have not seen you in a very long time Jie. Come in, come in." Shifu urged him with Oogway's staff. The two of them made their ways into the jade palace, the ground almost shaking under the weight of Jie De's bones and muscles alone. His head hit several lamps that were hanging from the ceiling, but he started dodging them swiftly when he was aware of them.

"So what brings you back here, old friend?" Shifu asked silently not looking back to Jie.

"I need to speak with Oogway. Something happened with Qiang...and I need to rest my mind of it." Jie De muttered silently. Shifu continued to walk without another word until they got to the hall of Heroes.

"Jie, Oogway has passed. I wanted to inform you, but I had no clue where you were." Shifu explained, turning to his good friend.

"I see. Then what can you say to me Shifu? You hold his staff, but do you have his guiding mind?" Jie asked, his ears flexed back as he fell to his knees, letting the sorrow of what happened take him. He did not cry, but it was evident he was very upset.

"Qiang destroyed a village, Shifu. He killed a bear he was only supposed to subdue, in a fit of anger and rage. I tried my best to teach that boy to have some inner peace and self-control...but I failed. I failed as a teacher, and I failed as a guide. I do not know what to do anymore." Jie De said, his voice shaking. Shifu placed a hand on the mighty tiger's shoulder.

"You've already said you did your best, Jie. What more could you have done to prevent this?"

"I could have sealed him away long ago, and avoided the lives lost that day. I kept telling myself I could fix the boy, that I could...I could convince him to throw aside his troubled past." Jie muttered looking up the gold dragon, expecting the scroll between its' jaws. It was not there. Jie's eyes widened and he looked back down to a smiling Shifu.

"The dragon warrior is not what he seems, Jie. Though I am sure he'll grow on you, as he has on us. As for your troubles...rest. That is what you need. That is something you never do." Shifu urged him. Jie De nodded as he slowly stood and stretched out his limbs.

"Your room is untouched. Feel free to sleep when you wish." Shifu said as he turned and sat down to begin some meditation. With that, Jie made his way out of the Hall of Heroes and into the training room. Nostalgia was built around this room for Jie, as he spent most of his life here. Like Shifu said, rest was a foreign concept to him in his youth. He approached the course and touched one of the spiked swinging pillars. He looked around and pushed it so it would swing. With a swift punch he shattered it, and he looked down at the rubble.

"Oops." Jie murmured to himself, though it tended to happen when he did not know his own strength.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Return to Role Play (OT)