[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Untold Tale of Middle Earth (Shadowfax and DarkHuntress) — My Lion King Forum

The Untold Tale of Middle Earth (Shadowfax and DarkHuntress)

Re: The Untold Tale of Middle Earth (Shadowfax and DarkHuntr

Postby Dark Huntress » April 9th, 2013, 8:01 pm

"Many thanks to you and your lady." Aidyn discreetly boxed Ewyn in the arm as he sprang at the food-14 year-old boys were ridiculous! As Maranwe disappeared there was no stopping Ewyn and Amber as they pounced on the food. Brygid and Aidyn shared an annoyed look and seated themselves. Elwyna joined them hesitantly and within a few moments they were all feasting, savoring the warm, good-tasting food.
The other however took her place at the end of the table, quietly brooding in a mug of ale and a leg of turkey. The two boys, however, hung back, watching the others. "So," Aidyn cleared his throat,"Who are you?" The question was directed at the girl. She looked up, pale eyes flashing with annoyance. "Celina, Bane of the Orcs," she stated, seing o pride herself on her title. Aidyn wondered if it was self-given or not. "Aidyn."
"I know-I heard you tell the patrol."
"Ah," this girl made Aidyn feel a little intimidated-very few people did, for instance, Baldor, the seven foot tall, oxen strong blacksmith of Umaras. But this girl, she was fairly short, a couple inches shorter than he and Brygid, but she was so calm an confident. "Who are your bodyguards?" He asked, trying to change the subject from Celina.
"They aren't my bodyguards," she spat,"I don't need bodyguards."
"Who are they then?"
The lighter, more friendly boy stepped forward. "Beowulf," he smiled, showing white, pointed canines,"but most call me Wulf." Aidyn nodded, "Wulf" was a good name for him. The other boy's answer was slower in coming. "Damon," he muttered, keeping his arms folded across his broad chest.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Shadowfax » April 10th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Maranwe watched them feast before she decended up the stairs towards Eowyn's chambers. She had taken this route many times and just hoped she wasn't asleep. Sure enough, when she entered the room Eowyn was sat at the window reading a book. Maranwe bowed curtly before raising her head and speaking.

"My lady, I know the hour is late but I have travellers from the villages" Maranwe said as she approached.

Eowyn settled the book down on the window sill and rose to her feet. She was wearing the usual long white dress with long sleeves and as always, her hair was perfect.

"So I see Maranwe. What on earth prompted you to bring them here?" She asked.

"They lost their village to orcs. The ones that drove Eomer out and the ones that have been attacking the outskirts of Rohan. They've lost everything. I hoped you would be able to help them" Maranwe said, a little startled by this response.

Eowyn was silent for a moment before replying. Her smile broadened when she replied.

"You are kind of heart Maranwe. I can see why my brother liked you"

That made Maranwe blush furiously and she avoided Eowyn's eye for a moment.

"Will you meet them my lady?" She asked.

"Of course. Lead the way" Eowyn told her.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Dark Huntress » April 11th, 2013, 1:08 am

Aidyn looked up as a noise sounded in the hall. He instinctively slid off of the bench and knelt, the others following his example-all except Celina and Damon, as Lady Eowyn appeared, looking majestic, strong, and, above all, kind. Her long white dress and pale blonde hair have her thin, tired face a sort of reserved, angelic appearance. Out of the corner of a brown eye, Aidyn noticed Damon stiffened and bend at the waist and Celina incline her head and raise her mug.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » April 11th, 2013, 10:55 am

Maranwe walked along in her wake and kept her arms loosely by her sides. She looked at the travellers and was pleased to see some of them showing respect.

"May I present to you, Lady Eowyn of Rohan. Our protector in these dark times" Maranwe told them.

"Far from it I am afraid" Eowyn replied "But I will do all in my power to help you. Tell me, what happened to your village? You all look weary and tired so forgive me if it is too much to ask that you tell us your tale" Eowyn said kindly, settling down on one of the beches opposite the newcomers with Maranwe standing to her left.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dark Huntress » April 11th, 2013, 9:31 pm

"Ma'am, our village was burnt and pillaged and everyone except us killed," Aidyn felt at ease speaking with Eowyn. Her presence was calming-almost as much as Brygid's. Elwyna slipped across the room to hand Eowyn a plate covered in sustenance and give her a shy smile. She seemed exceptionally comfortable with the princess.
"I too," Celina spoke,"am a victim of the Orc burnings-but of the very first attacks, which began about two years ago, before Sarumin (sorry, I'm not good at spelling LOTR names X3) was for them." She sighed. "I require none of your assistance, Ma'am, but I give you thanks an offer my sword." Aidyn raised his brows in surprise-he'd expected Celina least of all people to make an offer of that sort.
"As do I," Wulf spoke up,"Well, my knife." He flashed that annoyingly handsome smile. Damon, however, was not pleased. He pulled Wulf roughly aside and spoke to him softly. He seemed to lose the argument and Wulf removed himself from his brother and stood near Celina, who shrugged as Damon gave her an angry look.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Shadowfax » April 12th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Eowyn listened to Aidyn's tale carefully and looked deeply sypathetic as he spoke. When Elwyna offered her some food, Eowyn politely declined as she had eaten her fill earlier and was not feeling up to eating at present. She listened to them all in turn and sighed sadly when they all finished. At her side, Maranwe too looked grim.

"Well you can't go off slaying orcs alone. I can see you want your revenge though. I can spare a few men if you wish. They can ride out with you and put an end to those orcs.

"Might I go my lady? It's been a while since I killed orcs" Maranwe put in a little unexpectadly.

Eowyn considered this for a moment before nodding slowly in agreement. She didn't really want Maranwe to go, but she knew that she would be the same if in her shoes. The princess nodded and turned to the others in the hall.

"You will all rest for tonight and the next few days though won't you? You all look weary"
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Dark Huntress » April 13th, 2013, 1:24 am

Celina stiffened-she preferred fighting alone. But the princess had been kind enough to offer her soldiers and she didn't need her against her little exploit. "Can I come?" Celina flinched as Wulf bent to whisper in her ear. She shrugged,"If I'm a women-"she was barely 15 winters"-then you're a man and fully capable of making your choices without my permission or advice." Wulf leaned back against the wall and she heard him sigh softly.
"I'd be honored for your assistance," she inclined her head towards Maranwewithcas much poise as she could-which was quite a bit for someone who had been a lonely farm girl only two years ago,"but I'd prefer everyone to know this is a hard path." She added quietly under her breath,"And it turns you turns you into a monster." Wulf, apparently, had wolf-hearing, for he hissed behind her:"I don't think you're a monster."
"Like you would know," she quipped.
Aiden sighed, relieved, he'd hoped that she would be able to assist them. He also, however, wished to repay her as best he could and as he racked his brain for a solution it presented itself, crystal clear. "I would like to accompany them, as well," he said suddenly. He cringed as Celina muttered "Oh, great! Now we have a farm boy on the team." He turned to Eowyn for her answer, attempting to ignore Celina.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Shadowfax » April 13th, 2013, 7:54 pm

"Nobody will be forced to go if they do not wish, but those who wish to go will not be stopped" Eowyn said kindly as the travellers decided on what they wanted to do.

Maranwe nodded as she was told this was a tough path, but that didn't bother her. She wanted revenge on these orcs for causing harm and for burning a part of her kingdom. A kingdom she had sworn to protect.

"Then it's settled. We shall rest tonight, then set off in the morning" She said with another nod of her head.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Dark Huntress » April 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Celina examined the ale in her mug, sloshing the amber-colored liquid around the sides and watching it change from yellow to orange in the torchlight. She rather wished she had her sword-it'd become her best friend and it'd saved her from many unfortunate circumstances. She pushing her thick, wavy chocolate brown hair out of her hard leather bodice and pulled on her soft boots. "When will we set out, Ma'am?" She asked Maranwe, attempting to keep a hard edge from creeping into her voice, she wasn't the best at dealing with people,"They like to travel mainly at night, from experience, and dawn would be wisest, I believe."
Aidyn looked up at Celina. She was so cold, so emotionless. He watched Maranwe, gauging her reaction, she might, as a Blademaiden, actually appreciate her obvious skill.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Shadowfax » April 13th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Maranwe suddenly felt incredibly awkward as it seemed all eyes were suddenly upon her, even Eowyn's. She gulped and looked about the room.

"I guess we head out at first light? We'd be able to pick up their tracks easier that way. Though they might be brutes, they don't move very quickly so we'd have the advantage if we were on horseback.

"You may take the horses you need" Eowyn added as Maranwe looked to her for support.

"Then it's settled. We move out at first light"
Shadowfax
Never give up;

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)