A Path Divided

A Path Divided

Postby KiarasMate » November 17th, 2009, 3:45 pm

A Path Divided

Original Fan Fiction By: KiarasMate

Cast of Characters

Note: All character’s ages reflect that of when they are introduced in the story)

The Aurora Pride: Members

Name: Enzi
Species: Lion
Pride Status: Dominant Male & Pride Leader
Appearance: Tan fur / Green eyes / Muscular build
Personality: Caring, kind and good natured.

Name: Zanta
Pride Status: Dominant Female
Appearance: Silver fur / Blue Eyes / Sleek build
Personality: Friendly and a bit overprotective at times.

Name: Solus
Pride Status: Unknown
Appearance: Light Brown fur / Hazel eyes / Strong yet slim build
Personality: Timid but lovable and very reliable.

Name: Jogu
Pride Status: Son of Enzi & Zanta
Appearance: Tan fur / Green eyes / Strong build
Personality: Very outgoing and boisterous at times.

Name: Raziya (aka: Razi)
Pride Status: Daughter of Enzi & Zanta
Appearance: Whitish fur / Blue eyes / Slender build
Personality: Calm and easy going.

Name: Nuru
Pride Status: Hunting Party Leader
Appearance: Golden fur / Brown eyes / Powerful build
Personality: Likeable but arrogant at times, especially during a hunt.

Name: Sanaa
Pride Status: Daughter of Nuru
Appearance: Golden fur / Tourmaline eyes / Perfect build
Personality: Sweet and affectionate.

Name: Meeko
Pride Status: Scouting Party Leader
Appearance: Light Brown fur / Topaz eyes / Skinny build
Personality: Adventurous yet always cautious

Name: Kinta
Pride Status: Daughter of Meeko.
Appearance: Yellow fur / Green eyes / Small build
Personality: Shy but outgoing.

Name: Xebbi (a.k.a: Xeb)
Pride Status: Daughter of Meeko.
Appearance: Tan fur / Topaz eyes / Small build
Personality: Stubborn and impulsive.

The Tenebrous Pride: Members

Name: Kanu
Pride Status: Dominant Male & Pride Leader
Appearance: Brown fur / Red eyes / Powerful build
Personality: Cold and uncaring.

Name: Jeta
Pride Status: Dominant Female & Hunting Party Leader
Appearance: Light Brown fur / Hazel eyes / Slender build
Personality: Quiet and subservient.

Name: Penha
Pride Status: Vying for dominance.
Appearance: Golden fur / Green eyes / Slim but strong build
Personality: Obstreperous and self-centered

Name: Uzuri
Pride Status: Daughter of Kanu & Penha
Appearance: Golden fur / Black eyes / Perfect build
Personality: Crass but still caring.

Name: Chane
Pride Status: Son of Kanu & Jeta
Appearance: Brown fur / Red eyes / Muscular build
Personality: Loyal and rooted in his beliefs.

Name: Sandoku
Pride Status: Scouting Party Leader
Appearance: Light Brown fur / Blue eyes / Sleek build
Personality: Always willing to please.

Notable locations within The Aurora Pride’s territory

Snapping Springs: The local watering hole of The Aurora Pride. Not always the safest place to get a drink.

Roaring Rock: An oddly shaped outcrop of rocks that roughly resemble the shape of a roaring lion head. It’s the favored spot for The Aurora Pride’s cubs to play and hang out at.
Home: The main area where The Aurora Pride’s dens are located at and the main gathering point for all important events.
The Purlieus: The border land between The Aurora Pride’s territory and The Tenebrous Pride’s territory.

Notable locations within The Tenebrous Pride’s territory

Lucid Lake: The local watering hole of The Tenebrous Pride. There is a waterfall that flows into it.
The Stomping Grounds: The main training area and the main meeting place of The Tenebrous Pride.
The Abode: The area where The Tenebrous Pride’s dens are located at.
The Purlieus: The border land between The Tenebrous Pride’s territory and The Aurora Pride’s territory.

DISCLAIMER

For those of you who are looking for a TLK related fan fiction, I hate to say it, but this fan fiction is purely original and doesn’t feature any of the TLK characters in it. It does, however share some of the storyline aspects that TLK did, but it is, in a sense, my own personal creation. All characters in this story are original characters that I’ve thought of, aside from one. All settings used throughout the story are original places thought up by myself. All events that take place during this story are completely fictional and do not reflect any real life situations or events directly. A word of warning to the younger readers out there. This story will contain a few graphic scenes that display nature at its rawest but are only meant to drive the story along and not to be taken as obscene or pointless violence. Reader, please use discretion before viewing this fan fiction.

Dedication

I here by dedicate this fan fiction of mine, to my best friend in life, TeenSimba, whose friendship and loyalty has influenced my life just as much as TLK itself has. I write this fan fiction out of love and respect for the one person whose made my life worth living each and every day.

Introduction

This story follows the life of Solus, a young lion cub who gets adopted by a pride of lions, after a tragic event befalls his family. He grows up facing many obstacles in life, including fitting in to a new pride, friendship, betrayal, loyalty, love and life changing decisions. In the end, he’ll have to make one of life’s hardest choices.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Re: A Path Divided

Postby KiarasMate » November 17th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Chapter 1: A Shaky Beginning With A Silver Lining

A gelid wind blew over the grasslands as a young lioness stared deeply into the eyes of a large male lion, who stood before her. Her light brown fur rustled in the wind as she bared her long, jagged teeth at the intruder. Her needlelike claws extended from her ivory colored fore paws as her cold, hazel eyes fixated on her adversary. The large male stood firm, returning her cold gaze with his blood red eyes seemingly piercing her very soul. His thick, brown fur and dark colored mane waved wildly from the passing breeze. Both creatures emitted loud vocal growls that echoed through the thin night air. Directly behind the young lioness, about a hundred paces away, two tiny blobs could barely be seen, obstructed from view by the tall grass that concealed them. The young lioness stood rigid, her tail motionless as her body was poised to strike at any moment. The large male noticed her agitated status and sneered at her as he took a step forward. In a blink of an eye, the young lioness leapt at him. She swiped her fore paws at his face, scoring a deep claw mark across one of his dark brown cheeks. He roared in anguish as he tried to strike her with his strong, black fore paw. She quickly dodged it and hooked her fore paw under his chin, inflicting another gash along the underside of his muzzle. He snarled as small droplets of blood fell onto the ground below him.

Hearing the action taking place now, one of the small blobs that was sheltered behind the tall grass, began to cry out softly. It was apparent that these two blobs were newly born lion cubs, both of which were male and not even a month old yet. Upon hearing the cry from the young cub, the young lioness’s focus was thrown off for a mere second, which was all that the large male needed. He connected his large fore paw squarely in the young lioness’s face, his razor sharp claws dug deeply into her tender fur as they savagely raked across the length of her muzzle. She let out an agonizing roar as a small trickle of blood dribbled down her muzzle and plummeted to the earth below. She tried to retaliate but the large lion was ready for it. He quickly dodged her attack and once more, struck her viciously across the face, sending her tumbling to the ground.

All this sudden commotion was making the two young lion cubs uneasy as they started fidgeting in the grass. Seeing the lioness crumple to the ground, the young cub who had cried out before started towards the horrid scene, blissfully unaware of the danger that lurked directly in front of him. The other young cub stayed rooted in the safety of the tall grass. His eyes widened and his tiny heart seemingly froze as he witnessed what happened next. The large male lion walked over to examine the young lioness now. She lay, motionless on the ground. A pool of crimson life fluid encircled her furry head. She was badly wounded but still clinging onto life. Her chest pumped slowly up and down, which indicated to the large male that she was still alive. He was about to move in for a closer inspection when his eyes caught sight of the young lion cub, running towards the fallen lioness. His eyes narrowed as a baleful smile etched its way onto his dark muzzle. Before the young cub even had a chance to cry out, it was all over. The large male bounded over to the young cub’s position and locked his vice-like jaws around the tiny neck of the helpless infant. The young cub in the tall grass gasped in horror as he watched the other cub go limp, dangling lifelessly from the jaws of the large male lion. His entire body quivered in fear as he stood, frozen in place.

Satisfied with his actions now, the large male lion dropped the deceased cub’s body down to the ground and glared at the young lioness, who was starting to stir now. She looked at the large male in disbelief as her blood soaked eyes caught sight of the fallen cub. Her heart sank as tears quickly brimmed within her ravished eyes. She pulled herself up onto all fours again and stood there, staring at what used to be her offspring as large salty tears fell down her crimson stained face. The large male lion merely smirked at her as his nose was sensing the air. He had caught wind of the other lion cub now and was looking frantically around to find it. Noticing the large lion’s sudden interest in the surrounding area, the young lioness knew that he had sensed her other cub. She knew she had to act fast if she was going to save her only cub left now. She sprang forth and locked her jaws as tightly as she could around the large lion’s tail. There was a squeamish crunching noise as her acute fangs sank all the way through his thin tail. He growled and roared in distress, quickly turned to examine his wounded tail. He was horrified to see that the tuft of it was completely detached, thanks to the young lioness’s brutal bite. The young lioness spat out the end tip of the severed tail and quickly dashed off as fast as she could, running in the opposite direction from where the young lion cub was hidden still. Completely forgetting about the young lion cub on his mind, the large male gave chase, roaring angrily at the young lioness. All was dead silent for a few minutes time, until a loud roar cut through the night sky, followed by a loud, painful cry.

It was too much for the young cub to take and he darted off, running aimlessly to further himself from the scene that had just taken place. He dashed through the tall grass, not knowing where he was even going but his mind wasn’t worried about this now. He just wanted to run, run far away from that horrible place. Alone and scared now, the young cub kept up his heated pace as he forged through the thick grasslands. He ran until his tired little body was almost completely wiped out. He finally stopped to take a look around him. He was in a very unfamiliar area he had never seen before and the fear of being lost was starting to take a hold of him. Suddenly a flash of lightning cut through the darkened night sky, followed quickly by a loud, booming round of thunder. It scared the young cub half to death as he quickly ran once more into a nearby cave, not looking where he was going at all as he smacked headlong into a rock that was blocking his path. He fell to the ground as his head throbbed wildly. His vision started to blur as he looked upwards. A pair of blue eyes looked down upon him. He tried to cry out but his body was slowly shutting down from a lack of energy and due to the collision with the rock. As his eyes slowly closed, he managed to whisper out a single word before blacking out completely.

“Mother….”

==========

Zanta made herself comfortable in her den. Her silver colored fur glimmered in the moon light that filtered through the opening of the den. She yawned and looked down at the two sleeping cubs next to her. She smiled and thought to herself.

Jogu and Raziya sure must have had a really busy day, they’re sleeping like cubbies.

She looked outside of the den with a longing stare. She had sensed that a storm was approaching and as she peered out over the landscape, her thoughts were confirmed. Dark clouds hung heavy in the night sky. She turned her attention back to her cubs now and started to gently lick them both lovingly. She spotted a flash of lightning out of the corner of her eye and heard the sound of thunder shortly after. She wondered where her mate Enzi was. She knew he had gone out to get his nightly report from Meeko, on what was happening around the lands but she would have thought he’d be back by now. She was deep in the middle of her thoughts when she heard a thud in front of her. She was quickly snapped back to reality as her blue eyes looked down upon a strange sight. It was a young lion cub. Zanta watched the young cub’s face. He looked to be in bad shape. She looked over and spotted the rock that he had smashed into moments ago. Her motherly instincts were kicking in as she slowly got up to examine the young cub. Zanta peeked at the young cub’s hind quarters.

It’s a young male cub. She thought to herself as she gently nudged him with her paw.

He was out cold though. She gently picked him up and brought him into the center of the den, which was much warmer than where he had landed. She gently placed him down between her fore paws as she laid back down next to her two sleeping cubs. Resting his tiny head upon one of her paws, she gently cradled him tenderly as she saw drops of rain falling down now from outside the den. Zanta wondered where this young lion cub had come from and more importantly, where was his parents at? She had never seen this young cub in The Aurora Pride before so she knew it was from an outside pride. This worried her a bit, as she wasn’t for certain about how Enzi would react when he’d see her with this young cub. Nevertheless, Zanta’s caring nature drove her to care for the poor cub. She had a very loving heart and never turned her back on any creature in need of assistance. She tenderly licked the young cub, thinking to herself about the only word she heard the young cub speak before he blacked out.
Could his mother have been killed or something? Or perhaps, he thought I was his mother?

Just as she was thinking this, Enzi walked into the den. His tanned colored fur was dripping wet from the pouring rain outside and his reddish mane drooped downwards as it was saturated with water. Zanta looked at her mate and couldn’t keep herself from letting a low giggle loose as she spoke to him.

“My my Dear, you look absolutely miserable there. Maybe that’ll teach you not to go off playing in the rain all night.”

Enzi jeered at his mate playfully as he retorted.

“Ha, ha, very funny there Love. You know how much I hate the rain but I had to go see Meeko today for the Scouting Report. It’s a good thing I did to. There’s some major news going on.”

Enzi stood at the den entrance and quickly shook himself dry. His fur puffed up a bit and his mane started to return to its usual, majestic look. He spoke again with closed eyes as he went about smoothing his damp fur now.

“It seems that The Tenebrous Pride has been taken over by a new male tonight or so Meeko has said. Apparently their previous leader was killed by this new male earlier this evening.”

Zanta looked shocked as she spoke.

“Really? That IS big news Dear. I kind of feel bad for those poor lions. We’ve been very lucky that our pride hasn’t been challenged in a long time.” She quickly smiled and added in. “It must be because you’re such a good leader my sweet Enzi.”

Enzi blushed as he opened his eyes once more and walked over to his mate. He was about to nuzzle her affectionately on the cheek when his eyes finally espied the unfamiliar young cub in between his mate’s fore paws. He blinked and looked over at his other two offspring, who were still sleeping soundly next to their mother’s warm, furry body. He outstretched a fore paw and began to count upon his paw toes as he spoke.

“Um, don’t we only have TWO cubs Love?”

Zanta presented an awkward smile as she nodded and replied.

“Yes Dear. That we do.”

Enzi looked at his mate puzzled and gently nudged the young cub in his mate’s paws as he uttered.

“Well then, either I drank some really bad water from The Snapping Springs today or I’m seeing three cubs here.”

Zanta stayed calm. She knew her mate was a very caring father and if she played her cards right, she just might be able to persuade him to see things from her perspective. She spoke softly now.

“No, you’re eyes aren’t deceiving you Love, there are three cubs here. Two of them being ours of course, and this one here,” She gave the young cub a nudge to indicate who she was speaking of. “wandered into the den tonight, a bit before you arrived.”

Enzi stared at his mate blankly as he responded.

“And just exactly where did he come from Zanta and why exactly are you caring for him as if he’s your own then?”
Zanta shrugged slightly as she replied.

“I don’t know where he came from Dear. I’ve been in the den the whole time this evening and he just came dashing in and ran face first into that rock there. I’m only trying to help the poor thing. You and I both know, that’s the right thing to do Dear.”

Enzi still didn’t quite look convinced as he paced around the den, unsure of what exactly to say as he muttered.

“So what? We’re suddenly adopting him as our own or something? Come on Love, that’s crazy. You know the laws about strangers coming into our lands as well as I do.”

Zanta frowned and spoke up quickly.

“Enzi, I love you a lot Dear but we’re talking about a cub here, not a roving male lion. Can you really bring yourself to kill this innocent young cub?” She gently lifted the unconscious cub up towards her mate’s face.

Enzi glared at the young cub. He noticed that the poor thing was in bad shape and as he watched the little cub’s chest slowly sink and rise, his tough front was starting to crumble. He sighed deeply and looked at his mate before speaking once more.

“Very well Love. We’ll…erm, you’ll nurse him back to health and after that, he can go back to wherever it is he came from.”

Zanta smiled at her mate and nuzzled him lovingly as she gently lowered the young cub back to the ground, holding him softly in between her caring fore paws. She looked deeply into her mate’s eyes as she spoke.

“I knew you were caring and kind Dear, That’s why I love you so much. I know this must be really odd for you, and it is for me too but helping our fellow lions is something we really should do no matter what. There’s already enough hatred in these lands between our rival prides. We’ll raise him back to health and perhaps after he’s healed, he can tell us where he came from and we can help him get back to his own pride.”

Enzi shrugged and smiled at his mate as he responded.

“You’re right Love. I just hope he didn’t come from The Tenebrous Pride, because after tonight’s take over, it’s going to be very tense times with them next to us. I don’t think that young cub would be welcomed back in if he did in fact come from there.”

Zanta looked at her mate once more as she spoke.

“What if he did come from there though? What will we do then? We can’t send him back to his pride, just to get exiled, or even worse..” She looked at her mate with a hopeful stare.

Enzi sighed once more as he replied.

“Well, if that be the case, we’ll just keep him here. I’m sure he can fit into our pride somehow.”

A warm smile crossed Zanta’s muzzle as she happily stated.

“You’re heart is bigger than that sexy mane of yours Dear. I knew you would do the right thing Sweetie.”

Enzi blushed slightly as he nodded to his mate, retorting.

“Just don’t expect me to think of him as OUR son now Zanta. I’m doing this for you Love but even I have my limits.”

Zanta smiled and nodded as she spoke.

“That’s fine Sweetie. I respect that.”

Enzi took up a comfortable position next to his mate now as he relaxed and settled in for the night. Zanta gave him one last loving nuzzle and a wet lick upon his furry tan muzzle as she rested her head upon her fore paws, keeping the young lion cub warm and secure by doing so. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiarasMate » November 17th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Chapter 2: A New Lease On Life

The storm quickly passed, leaving the landscape soaked, yet refreshed. As the sun rose into the clear morning sky, its gleaming rays of light dancing across the vibrant earth, the lions of The Aurora Pride began to stir. Enzi was the first up as usual. He stretched his tired limbs as he rose up on all fours. He gave Zanta a loving nuzzle and licked her atop her fuzzy, light colored ear. Zanta’s ear twitched from the loving gesture as she began to awaken herself. She opened her eyes and glanced up at Enzi, smiling warmly as soon as she saw him. She yawned, her muzzle opening extremely wide as she did so. Enzi playfully stuck a fore paw in her mouth as she was closing it. Zanta glared at him and bit down lightly onto her mate’s paw. He winced and withdrew it from her muzzle. She giggled and poked him in the side with her soft fore paw as she spoke.

“Is that anyway to treat me when I first wake up Dear?”

Enzi chuckled as he nuzzled his mate affectionately once more, speaking to her in a low tone as not to wake the sleeping cubs.

“Sorry Love, I just couldn’t resist. You do have such a big mouth. I wanted to see if I could fit my paw in there.”

Zanta narrowed her eyes as she scowled at him, speaking in a crass tone.

“And just what does that mean? You saying I talk too much Mister?”

Enzi laughed and slumped towards the entrance of the den as he replied.

“No, not at all Love. Well...Now that you mention it…” He chuckled as he darted out of the den to go relieve himself.

Zanta laid there with an offended look upon her muzzle, calling after him.

“Oh, you’re lucky our cubs are here, or I’d make you regret those words!”

She couldn’t help herself and started to giggle. Feeling the vibrations and movement from his mother’s soft, warm frame, Jogu slowly opened his tiny green eyes and looked up at his mom, speaking in a quiet and still rather tired voice.

“Mom, what’s so funny?”

Hearing her young cub’s voice now, Zanta composed herself and looked down at her young son, smiling happily at him as she spoke.

“Good morning my little Jogu. How did you sleep Sweetheart?”

Jogu smiled at his mom, swaying his tiny tail back and forth as he nuzzled his small, furry head against his mother’s body, before replying.

“I slept good Mom. I’m still a bit tired though.”

Zanta gave him a tender lick atop his head and responded.

“You can go back to sleep if you want Jogu. We don’t have any plans for today so you can sleep in longer Sweetie.”

Jogu was about to answer his mom when Enzi reentered the den. He spotted his son awake and smiled, speaking to him in a loving tone.

“Morning there Jogu my boy. How did you sleep?”

Jogu laughed quietly as he replied.

“Mom already asked me that Dad.”

Enzi grinned at his son now as he stated.

“Oh, so only one of us gets to ask you how you slept a day?”

Jogu smiled at his dad and nodded.

“That’s right Dad, and Mom beat you to it!”

Enzi looked at Zanta, who just stared back at him as she spoke.

“Well, I got the big mouth remember?”

Enzi chuckled once more and laid himself by his mate again. He looked down and saw the young lion cub from last night, still nestled in between his mate’s caring fore paws. He turned his gaze back to his mate and whispered to her.

“Jogu hasn’t seen the new cub yet?”

Zanta shook her head as she responded.

“Not yet but I…”

She was cut off by Jogu’s sudden exclamation.

“Mom, whose this new cub here?” Jogu’s eyes were wide with wonder as he surveyed the young cub, speaking excitedly. “Are you watching him for someone Mom?”

Zanta hushed him quickly as his voice was growing louder by the second. She spoke softly to him.

“In a way, yes Jogu, I am watching him for someone.”

Jogu’s overactive tail was swaying uncontrollably now. He loved meeting new cubs because it always meant someone new to play with. His tail accidentally struck his sleeping sister in the face. Raziya opened her blue eyes as she growled sleepily and spoke.

“Hey Jogu, watch out, your tail just hit me.”

Jogu turned and grinned at his sister, speaking excitedly to her.

“Sorry Razi but look, look, we got a new brother or sister.”

Raziya groaned and rolled over onto her side, looking away from Jogu, muttering.

“Yeah right Jogu, I’m not falling for one of your dumb tricks.”

Jogu scowled and exclaimed.

“I’m not lying to you Razi. See for yourself.”

Raziya sighed as she slowly stood up and peered over to where Jogu’s ecstatic paw was pointing at. Her eyes locked onto the strange new cub as she gasped and spoke.

“Oh, you weren’t lying Jogu. Wow.” She looked up at her mom and spoke eagerly. “Where did he..or she come from Mama and what’s his..or her name?”

Zanta smiled at her cubs eagerness to know more about this new young cub. She spoke in a gentle voice to the both of them.

“It’s a HE you two and I don’t know what his name is.”

Both Jogu and Raziya dawned confused looks upon their tiny muzzles. Jogu spoke up now.

“How do you not know his name Mom? I thought you were watching him for someone, right?”

Zanta looked over at Enzi, hoping for a bit of help on this topic, only to find him snoring peacefully.

Oh great, thanks a lot Enzi. Leave me to tackle this topic on my own. She thought to herself.

Raziya chimed in after her brother was done talking.

“Oh, who does he belong to Mama?”

Zanta sighed and replied.

“It’s kind of hard to explain Cubbies. You see, he came into the den last night while you two were fast asleep and he’s…well kind of sick right now. So it’s Mommy’s and Daddy’s responsibility to help him get better. Right DADDY?”

She gave Enzi a firm nudge with her fore paw, jolting him awake now. He stammered.

“What’s that, what’s wrong now? Oh, I must have dozed off again. Sorry about that Love.”

Zanta snickered as she spoke again.

“Well, I was just telling the Cubbies how we’re helping this young cub here get all better again.”

Enzi nodded as he yawned and responded.

“That’s right you two. Me and your Mommy are going to help him feel better and once he’s better, maybe you two can play with him…or something.”

Enzi scratched his head with a claw and shrugged his shoulders at his mate. Zanta smiled and patted him on his soft, furry pelt as she spoke.

“That’s right Cubbies. So when he wakes up from his..erm, nap, you two be very nice to him okay? He’ll probably be a bit scared at first but if you two act really friendly to him, I’m sure he’ll feel much happier okay?”

Both of the young cubs nodded vigorously to their mom. Zanta smiled. She was so proud of her cubs. They were perfectly well behaved, most of the time that is, and they were loved by all of The Aurora Pride Members.

As the day wore on, Enzi had left the den to go about his daily duties. He gave his loving mate an affectionate nuzzle and a lick, as well as giving his two kin a loving gesture as well before heading out. The two cubs quietly played together in the den as their mother attended to the young cub. He still hadn’t awakened yet but he seemed to be slowly regaining his strength, as his breathing was becoming much easier for him now. There was a voice at the cave entrance now, which made Zanta look up, spotting two creatures at the entranceway. One was a very muscular looking lioness, whose golden colored fur seemed to blend in perfectly with the grass outside of the den, making it a bit tricky to make out her entire shape. Standing next to her was a young lioness cub, who shared her mother’s fur color but with a more lighter tone to it. Zanta displayed a warm smile as she spoke.

“Oh, Hello there Nuru and Sanaa, come on in.”

The two lionesses nodded and entered the den quietly. Upon seeing Jogu and Raziya playing together a few paces away, Sanaa dashed towards them both with a smile. She gave each of them a warm hug as she spoke joyously.

“Morning Jogi, morning Razi.”

Jogu frowned and spoke.
“Aww, come on Sanaa, I told you I don’t like you calling me that name. It makes me sound like a lioness.”

Sanaa giggled and pounced upon Jogu with a skillful leap. Jogu’s back hit the den floor as he looked up at her. She grinned and spoke.

“Sorry Jogu, I forgot. I think it’s a cute name though.”

Jogu laughed softly as he shooed her off of him with his fore paws. As the three cubs conversed and played together, Nuru glanced over at Zanta and spied the young cub in her care. She gasped and wandered over, close to where they were at. She spoke to Zanta in a befuddled manner.

“You never told me you had 3 cubs Zanta. And just how did this one get here, cause I just saw you yesterday and you only had 2. I know Enzi and you are good at making cubs but come on now!”

Zanta laughed uproariously as she replied.

“No, this cub isn’t ours. He actually came crashing into our den last night, literally.”

Nuru stared at her blankly as she retorted.

“And Enzi allowed him to stay?”

Zanta grinned at Nuru as she replied.

“Well, not at first but after a bit of sweet talking, I got him to fold like a cheetah against a hyena.”

Nuru chuckled and responded.

“So are you two keeping him as your own cub then?”

Zanta shrugged her shoulders and spoke.

“I don’t know, to be honest. Enzi just wants to get him back onto his paws and then let him go back to his Pride but we don’t know where he came from or even his name. He’s been out cold ever since he arrived here.”

Nuru nodded and was about to inquire more about the young cub when she remembered that she had business to attend to. She spoke up quickly now.

“Well, I’d love to stand around and blab with you Zanta but as you know, I need to get going to join up with the Hunting Party. They’ll be chasing their own tails for dinner if I’m not there to keep them in line.”

She winked at Zanta, who smiled and nodded as she responded.

“I bet the Hunting Party is a lot of fun. I only wish I could have joined it.”

Nuru patted her friend on the back with a strong fore paw as she reassured her.

“Meh, it’s a lot of work Zanta. Consider yourself lucky that you got that fur color of yours. If it keeps you out of the Hunting Party, it’s just saving you a headache each and everyday. I personally don’t mind, just cause I’m so damn good at it but yeah, don’t let it get you down. You’re the best mother any cub could have and everyone in The Aurora Pride knows that.”

Zanta blushed from Nuru’s kind words. She thanked her as she watched Nuru dash off into the distance. It was her duty, since her fur color kept her from being a sufficient hunter, to watch over the cubs everyday, which she didn’t mind at all. She loved Sanaa just as much as she loved her own two cubs. She turned her attention back to care for the young cub now.

Sanaa glanced over towards Zanta and looked puzzled. She spoke to Jogu and Raziya now softly.

“What’s your mom doing over there anyways?”

Jogu and Raziya looked at each other and then back at Sanaa, speaking in unison.

“She’s watching over our new brother.”

Sanaa looked baffled by what her two friends had just said to her. She was speechless for a moment but finally managed to stammer out.

“New brother?”

Jogu and Raziya laughed wildly. Raziya spoke up first.

“Not really Sanaa. We were just kidding. He’s a new cub in our pride and Mom & Dad are just taking care of him till he gets better.”

Sanaa nodded as she spoke.

“Ah, I see now.”

Jogu chuckled as he chimed in.

“Jeez Sanaa, you should have seen the look on your muzzle when we told you that. It was funny.”

Sanaa snickered as she playfully pushed Jogu on his side with her fore paws as she spoke.

“Whatever Jogi. You two are mean sometimes, you know that?” She grinned and started to wrestle with the both of them.

More of the day went by, as the cubs played together in the den and Zanta watched after the young cub. There was another call at the entranceway. Zanta looked up to see a younger lioness with light brown fur and sparkling yellow eyes. She smiled and called to the young lioness.

“Hi Meeko. What a pleasant surprise. I wasn’t expecting to see you here.”

Meeko grinned as she entered the cave. She quickly bounded up to where Zanta was laying and looked at the young cub cradled in Zanta’s paws, as she spoke eagerly.

“So, Nuru wasn’t pulling my leg after all. You really do have a new cub.”

Zanta giggled as she replied.

“Oh jeez, leave it to good old Nuru to spread the entire news around the pride. And here I thought, that was your job Meeko.”

She winked at Meeko and grinned. Meeko cackled as she responded.

“Hey, I only bring the news that isn’t about our own pride okay. Illegitimate cubs within our pride is outside my jurisdiction.”

Zanta laughed again and watched Meeko closely now, who was examining the young cub closer. She was intrigued by what her friend was doing as she spoke up.

“Something wrong Meeko?”Meeko was quiet for a few moments as she eyed the young cub from head to tail. She paused and then spoke.

“I swear, I’ve seen this cub before. Now let me think about this.” She put a paw under her chin, assuming a very thoughtful looking state for a bit before she snapped her claws together and looked back at Zanta now, speaking once more. “Now I remember. Do you know whose cub this is Zanta?”

Zanta shook her head and retorted.

“I have no idea Meeko but it sounds as if you know something?”

Meeko snickered as she spoke slyly.

“Come now Zanta, you’re talking to Meeko, the Scouting Party Leader of The Aurora Pride. Of course I know something. This cub here is one of Jeta’s cubs.”

Zanta looked surprised as she replied.

“Jeta, as in The Tenebrous Pride’s number one lioness?”

Meeko grinned as she spoke up again.

“The very one, unless you know of a different Jeta than I do?”

Zanta’s face lit up as she responded.

“Well then, we should bring him back to her right away.”

Meeko quickly intervened as she spoke in a whisper now, as not to let the nearby cubs hear her next words.

“I’m afraid that’s not really possible right now Zanta.”

Zanta looked at her friend confused as she asked.

“And why’s that, if I may ask Meeko?”

Meeko replied quickly and quietly.

“Because I think she’s dead Zanta.”

Zanta was stunned as she exclaimed.

“Dead? When and how?”

Meeko spoke up again.

“Well, I can’t say for sure Zanta but the last time I saw her, she was in a terrible state. It was last night when I was doing my nightly rounds. I was at The Purlieu and I spotted Jeta and some large male fighting it out there. I watched for a tiny bit before I had to return to Home to give my report to your mate Enzi. I really don’t think she would have stood much of a chance against that large male Zanta. I really don’t.”

Zanta nodded, a frown had worked its way onto her muzzle now. She sighed softly as she looked down at the young cub, speaking quietly to Meeko now.

“Enzi’s going to flip out when he hears this news this evening when he gets back. I don’t know what we’re going to do Meeko.”

Meeko placed a sympathetic fore paw upon Zanta’s silver fur as she comfortingly spoke.

“I know you and Enzi will do the right thing Zanta. That’s why you two are the bosses around here right?”

Zanta smiled at her friend and replied.

“Thanks for the encouragement Meeko. I’m sure we will too.”

Meeko said her goodbyes to Zanta and the cubs as she left the cave now. Zanta’s mind was now fully focused on what exactly they were going to do with this young cub. Her mind feverishly weighted the options as the day rolled on.

It was late evening when Enzi arrived back at Home and entered his den. He nuzzled his mate and hugged his cubs, who where very eager to see him. After they had all eaten dinner, which was so graciously brought to them courtesy of Nuru herself when she came by to pick up Sanaa for the night, they all settled down for the evening. It was quiet in the den, as the two cubs quietly chattered to one another about various games they had played during the day. Enzi lay on the floor of the den, sprawled out and relaxing as his loving mate looked after the young cub.

Without warning, the young cub started to suddenly fidget in between Zanta’s warm, fore paws. His tiny brown eyes opened slowly, trying to get a sense of where he was. He suddenly looked up at Zanta, who was currently distracted by her cubs chatter and wasn’t looking at him. He gasped as he stood up on all fours now, which were very shaky and almost caused him to fall over. Feeling the sudden movement in between her paws now, Zanta’s focus was quickly snapped back to the young cub. She looked at him with her caring and kind blue eyes as she spoke softly and gently to him as not to frighten him.

“So you’ve finally come to huh? Don’t be scared little one, I’m not going to hurt you.”

Hearing their mother talking now, Jogu and Raziya’s conversation came to a halt as they both ran over to see what was happening. Jogu spoke first.

“Oh Mom, he’s awake now?”

Raziya spoke up next eagerly.

“Is he? Let me see, let me see.”

Enzi’s curiosity was sparked as he too, rolled lazily to all fours and wandered over to where the rest of his family was gathered at. Seeing the sudden crowd of unfamiliar faces surrounding him, the young lion cub curled into a tight defensive ball, hiding his face within his own tiny, furry body. Zanta motioned for the rest of them to move away and give the young cub his space. She spoke softly once more to him.

“It’s ok little one. Don’t be frightened. Everyone here is friendly and we won’t do anything to harm you.”

She placed a gentle fore paw on top of him as she tried to coax him out from his current hiding position. After a little convincing, the young cub finally uncurled his small frame and looked at the strangers around him. He spoke in a very trembling tone.

“Where, where am I?”

Zanta quietly fielded his question.

“You’re in Home, in The Aurora Pride’s territory.”

The young cub looked very distraught and confused as he spoke up again.

“Home? Aurora Pride?”

Zanta spoke up again.

“Don’t worry about that now little one. May I ask you what your name is?”

The young cub paused as his mind tried to retrieve the answer to the inquiry he was just asked. He sputtered.
“My name? My name….is….S…S…” He placed a tiny fore paw over his head, which was throbbing in pain now. He tried to reply again. “My name is So…So….Sol..” The pain kept his mind from working properly as he whimpered softly from the discomfort. He managed to finally recall the answer as he blurted out. “My name is Sol…Solus!”

Zanta smiled at him as she responded kindly.

“It’s nice to meet you Solus. My name is Zanta.” She pointed a paw at her family as she introduced each of them individually. “This is Enzi, Jogu and Raziya.”

Solus watched as each new creature was introduced to him. His head was killing him right now and he wasn’t able to do much but give a lackluster nod. Zanta spoke once again.

“Now tell me please Solus. Where did you come from and who are your parents?”

Solus heard the question and tried to think once more but his memory was a jumble of nothing but fuzzy images that made absolutely no sense to him whatsoever. He tried to piece everything together but it just made his head throb even harder, causing him to whimper in agony once more. It was Enzi who spoke up next.

“That’s enough of the questions for now Love. Can’t you see he’s in pain?”

Zanta nodded and replied.

“I’m sorry Solus. I didn’t mean to rush you in any way. Why don’t you get some rest? You look like you could still use a lot of rest.”

Solus was in no state to argue as he laid himself down and quickly went into a deep sleep. Jogu looked at the young cub with a confused look on his muzzle as he spoke to his mom.

“Mom, why can’t Solus remember where he’s from or who is parents are?”

Raziya nudged him sharply in the side with her fore paw, scolding him.

“That’s rude Jogu. Don’t ask that kind of stuff about poor Solus.”

Zanta spoke up now.

“Your brother is just curious I’m sure Raziya. No need to get snippy. You see Jogu, when someone hits their head really hard on something, like what happened to Solus yesterday, it can make them forget stuff. I think that’s what’s wrong with Solus.”

Jogu frowned and replied.

“Does it last forever though Mom or will Solus get better soon?”

Zanta sighed and looked at her son with an uncertain gaze as she answered.

“I don’t know my sweet little Jogu. Only time will tell. Speaking of time, it’s time for you two to go to sleep now.”

Both of the young cubs frowned but nodded to their mother. After getting a goodnight nuzzle from both their parents, the two cubs huddled together on the cave floor, keeping each other warm as they readied themselves for sleep. Jogu grinned at his sister as his eyes slowly started to close, whispering softly to her.

“Hey Razi, you think if I bopped you on the head, you’d forget your name too? Or maybe if I bopped Sanaa on the head, she’d forget about calling me Jogi?”

Raziya kicked her brother with her hind legs sharply and shushed him.

“That’s not funny Jogu, you meanie, now go to sleep before I bop you on your head and make you forget how to!”

Jogu laughed quietly to himself as the both of them closed their eyes and were soon safely tucked away in sleeps mighty grip.

Zanta stayed up late talking with her mate. She informed him of everything that Meeko had told her that day, which she found out, he had already heard from her earlier. The two of them discussed what exactly should be done with the young cub and after quite some time and compromising, it was decided. Solus would be a full time member of The Aurora Pride. It would take quite a bit of getting used to, but it beat the alternative. Everyone was going to have to help out to make Solus feel welcome in this new and strange place to him, but if The Aurora Pride was good at any one thing, it was sticking together and pulling their weight. Only time would tell how well this would work out for them, or for Solus himself.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby KiarasMate » November 17th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Chapter 3: Exploration & Confrontation

A month’s time had passed now and Solus began to fully regain his strength. Despite all that he had gone through as a cub, he was still a very energetic and happy-go-lucky cub. His memory of past events, however, still remained distant and illusive. Enzi and Zanta had used this to their advantage and told the young cub that he was and always had been part of their pride. It wasn’t to deceive the young cub per say. It was more to protect him from the truth that his mother, in their mind, was no longer among the living and that his original pride had been taken over by a ruthless subject, or at least that’s all they knew from what Meeko had told them. It took a little time for Solus to get situated in the pride. Every face he met was new to him and by nature, he was a bit timid towards strangers. Still, even this didn’t stop him from being loved by everyone in the pride. Jogu, Raziya and Sanaa had especially taken a liking to him, seeing as it was yet another cub to play with and spend the day with. By this time, Solus was completely at ease with his new pride and felt at home.

Solus stood at the den entrance, watching the morning sun rise above the horizon. His brownish fur looked very radiant in the morning light, thanks to all the nutritious milk that Zanta had so generously provided for him. He was growing fast now that he was about two months in age. His light colored four paws shuffled on the ground below him eagerly as his hazel brown eyes gazed at the surrounding area. It was a special day today, the day when he was going to explore all the areas within The Aurora Pride’s territory with Zanta and his brother, sister and Sanaa. Zanta and Enzi had done their best to explain to their cubs that Solus was their new brother and to never mention anything about what happened to him as a young cub. It really didn’t take much convincing though for Jogu and Raziya to accept him as their own brother, he was a blast to play with and was very friendly towards them. As the anticipation built up inside of him, Solus began to eagerly pace back and forth near the den’s entrance. He wanted to get a move on already but everyone else was still sleeping soundly. He looked at his sleeping family and sighed softly as he waited as patiently as he could, his tail swayed wildly as he sat, fidgeting his tiny paws in the dirt.

Enzi was the first to wake up out of the sleepy bunch. He yawned, baring his pointy white teeth and exposing his gaping muzzle. He stretched out each of his limbs as he slowly rose up on all fours and looked towards the entrance of the den, spotting Solus sitting with his back turned to him. He smiled and crept up quietly behind him, slowly reaching a fore paw out and poking Solus on the back softly with it as he spoke.

“You sure are up early today Solus. How did you sleep?”

Solus jumped slightly at the sudden sound of his father’s voice and the poke on his back. He gasped and turned around quickly to eye Enzi. A smile formed upon his small, brown muzzle as he spoke excitedly.

“Oh, good morning dad. I was just watching the sun rise. I’m to excited to sleep.”

Enzi smiled at him. Even though he had taken Solus in as his own cub, he still could never bring himself to call him Son or anything so he just referred to him by his proper name.

“I see Solus. I bet you’re very eager to see all the great places around our pride’s land huh?”

Solus nodded his head as he responded.

“Yes I am father. I just wish everyone else would get up so we could go now.”

Enzi chuckled and replied.

“Well, you know everyone else Solus. They love to sleep in all the time. Why don’t you and I wake them up now? What do you say?”

Solus grinned at Enzi and agreed.

“Ok, yeah! Let’s do that!”

Enzi smiled and turned back towards his loving mate Zanta, who was breathing lightly on the floor of the den, peacefully enjoying her sleep. Enzi ejected his claws on his fore paw and started to gently scratch her behind her silvery, fuzzy ear. Her leg twitched from the enjoyable scratch as she instinctively began to purr softly. Enzi grinned as he started to scratch his claws a bit lower down her shimmering fur. His claws easily glided through his mate’s flawless pelt as he reached her hind quarters, giving them a gentle scratch. Her tongue lolled out from her open muzzle as she slowly began to come to now. She rolled onto her back and looked up at her mate with sleepy and longing eyes, speaking softly.

“Oh Enzi. That felt so nice, I thought I was dreaming there for a second.”

She slowly got up to her paws and nuzzled him affectionately as she purred deeply. Enzi smiled at her as he replied.

“How do you know you’re not dreaming Love?”

Zanta yawned and grinned at her mate as she answered.

“Because if I was still dreaming, we wouldn’t just be sitting here, talking. We’d be doing much, much more, interesting things.”

She gave him a loving lick on his dark colored muzzle as she nuzzled against him. Enzi blushed deeply as he smiled at his mate, speaking inquisitively.

“So that’s what you dream about is it?”

Zanta giggled and leaned towards her mate’s furry ears to whisper to him now.

“I sure do, and most of the time, it’s with you Dear.”

Enzi gulped slightly and let out an awkward laugh as he responded.

“Oh..Is that so now Love?”

Zanta snickered and nudged him lightly with her fore paw as she casually said.

“I’m just kidding Dear. You’re the only one for me, as I’m the only one for you.”

Enzi quickly nodded as he spoke.

“Yes, yes you are Love.”

While Enzi and Zanta were busy talking, Solus went about rousing his sleepy brother and sister. He eagerly leapt upon Jogu, who was snoring softly. Jogu’s eyes shot open as he felt something land on him. He spoke up, half awake now.

“What! Oh…uh, Oh, hello Solus. What’s up?”

Solus smiled at his big brother. Both Jogu and Raziya were older than him by over a month and the size difference was apparent, more so with Jogu and Solus rather than with Raziya and Solus. Jogu playfully shoved his smaller brother away as he stood up now, stretching out his body and trying to wake himself to a more conscious level. Solus wasted no time and performed the same wake up call upon his sister. Raziya gave him a bit more of a warmer welcome than her brother did as she spoke.

“Good morning Solus. How are you feeling today? Are you excited about seeing the lands today?”]

Solus smiled and nodded vigorously as he answered.

“I sure am Razi. I can’t wait to see everything!”

She giggled and patted him on the head with her small fore paw as she too, got up and stretched.

After a little while had passed and everyone had woken up a bit more, Enzi said his goodbyes to his family before taking off on his daily activities. He gave his loving mate a warm nuzzle and a loving lick on her adorable cheek. He gave Jogu and Raziya an affectionate nuzzle as well and gave Solus a friendly pat on the back like he always did before he left. The three siblings played together as Zanta waited for Nuru and Sanaa to arrive as they always did each and every morning. She was mapping out the day in her mind on where they would go today. She figured they would start at Home, show Solus where everyone lived and then move on to Snapping Springs for a cool, refreshing drink as the day would probably be much warmer by then. She figured that they would end at Jogu’s and Raziya’s favorite spot to play at, Roaring Rock. It seemed like a fun filled day to her and she, herself was excited to get out and start showing her new cub around. As she was busy thinking now, there was a familiar voice at the den entrance. Before Zanta could welcome Nuru and Sanaa into the den, Solus bounded up to Sanaa and pounced her. She rolled backwards and landed onto her back, giggling happily as she smiled up at Solus. The two of them were around the same age and they had really grown to like each other, even more so than Solus and his brother and sister had. Solus spoke up joyously to her as his tail swished furiously.

“Gotcha Sanaa. I’ve been waiting for you to arrive. We’re going to have so much fun today!”

Sanaa laughed and quickly reversed the pin upon Solus. Solus looked surprise as she stood over him with a smirk. She spoke happily to him.

“Ha, it looks like I got you now Silly. You still got a lot to learn if you think you can just pounce me and get away with it.”

She giggled and let him up, giving him a warm, friendly hug as her mother smiled at the two of them, speaking now to Zanta.

“Don’t they just make the cutest couple Zanta? They sure have become good friends in such a short time huh?”

Zanta smiled and nodded as she responded.

“Indeed they have Nuru, but it’s no wonder. You’re daughter is very nice and I can’t imagine Solus not getting along with her.”

Nuru nodded and replied.

“Indeed she is Zanta. She takes after her mother for sure. I bet one of these days, she’ll be a great hunter as I am, perhaps even taking my place as Hunting Party Leader someday. She’s got what it takes don’t you think?”

Zanta knew how much Nuru loved compliments, especially when they had to do with her hunting skills so Zanta buttered her up a bit more.

“I’m sure if she’s under your tutelage Nuru, she’ll become a great hunter. Heck, anyone under your tutelage could be the best hunter I’m sure.”

Nuru’s head seemed to swell with pride upon hearing her friend’s kind words. She grinned as she spoke.
“Oh now stop that Zanta. You’re just flattering me now, even if it is the truth.”

Zanta laughed and shrugged her shoulders as she replied.

“It is true though.”

Nuru agreed and spoke.

“Yes, well, even if I am the best, being late for work isn’t the most professional way to present oneself so I must be going now Zanta.” She turned back to her daughter now, speaking lovingly. “You be nice and listen to Zanta today Sanaa and stay out of trouble. Don’t go wandering off away from Zanta when you all go exploring or whatever it is you’re doing today.”

Sanaa nodded and gave her mom an affectionate nuzzle as she answered.

“I won’t Mom. I’ll be careful.”

She waved a small fore paw at her mom as she watched her dash out of the den. She then turned back to Solus. Zanta finished up cleaning out the den before turning to the four cubs, who were in the middle of a game of some sort, as she spoke.

“Alright. Everyone ready to go on an adventure today?”

All the cubs halted their activity as they turned their focus to Zanta, nodding simultaneously in agreement. Zanta smiled and led the young band of cubs out of the den and into the world outside.

There first stop was to explore Home, the main area where all the members of The Aurora Pride had dens at, as well as the main area where all important meetings and events were held. Zanta led the group to the first stop on her mental list. It was a large circular section of land that had many flat surfaced stones set in rows around a larger stone that sat in the middle of all the rest, raised a bit higher than any other. Zanta stopped and turned to look at her two cubs as she spoke.

“Now which one of you wants to tell Solus what this place is?”

Jogu was about to speak but his sister chimed in before the words could leave his muzzle.

“This is The Quarry Solus. It’s the place where we have all our important meetings and events. Or at least, that’s where Mom and Dad do anyways. Cubs usually don’t get invited to the meetings. I don’t know why though.”

Solus looked interested as he bounded around the various rocks, taking in the atmosphere and laughing happily. Zanta smiled at Raziya as she retorted.

“Yes, that’s right Raziya and the only reason why cubs don’t go to the meetings is because they’re boring and you’d just fall asleep during them. You’re lucky you don’t have to sit through them yet but when you get older, you will, so enjoy your freedom now Sweetie.”

She laughed lightheartedly as she watched the cubs playing on the stones. She smiled and remembered that Meeko’s den was not too far from The Quarry and she did still need to thank her for that vital information she provided to her about Solus a while back. She spoke to the cubs now.

“You cubs play safely there for a minute or two. I’m going to say hi to Meeko for a minute. I’ll be right back. Don’t wander off now you hear? Stay by The Quarry till I get back.”

The cubs nodded to her as they continued to play together on the rocks. Zanta walked towards where Meeko’s den was. She stopped at the entranceway and was about to call into her den when a familiar scent caught her attention. She sniffed the air as she tried to grasp what the scent belonged to. She thought to herself.

Funny, that smells like Enzi’s scent but it’s too faint to really tell for sure. Zanta thought to herself.

She shook her head as she called into the den now.

“Meeko, are you in?”

There was a slight silence before a voice called back to her.

“Oh, Zanta, is that you? Yeah, I’m in. Come on inside.

Zanta entered the den and spotted Meeko, who was busy grooming her disoriented looking fur. Zanta grinned at her as she spoke.

“Jeez Meeko, what happened to you? You look like you got run over by an elephant.”

Meeko chuckled as she replied.

“Heh, you could say that Zanta. Nah, I always look this bad when I wake up. It’s just my bad luck I guess.”

Zanta smiled as she spoke again, although her nose kept twitching as the scent of her mate still seemed to hang in the air.

“I just wanted to come by and thank you for everything you told me about Solus. I never did get to thank you properly for that.”

Meeko smiled at her and shrugged as she responded.

“Think nothing of it Zanta. It’s the least I can do for you, trust me.”

Zanta nodded as she started to walk out of the den now, speaking as she did so.

“Well, I just wanted to thank you for that but I really should be getting back to the cubs. I left them playing together at The Quarry so I don’t want to leave them there for a long time. Oh, you haven’t seen Enzi today have you?”

Meeko stumbled on her reply just a bit as she spoke up.

“Enzi, erm, no, of course not. I don’t see him till the night time, when I give him my Scouting Report. You know that Zanta.”

Zanta nodded as she replied.

“Oh ok, I was just wondering. Thanks Meeko and I’ll see you later.”

Meeko waved a white fore paw to Zanta as she watched her leave.

Zanta’s mind was a bit distracted as she returned back to The Quarry to fetch the cubs. She found them all standing on the large stone in the middle, talking amongst themselves. She smiled and spoke up to them now.

“Ok Cubbies, I’m back. I bet you’re all thirsty from all that playing you did. Let’s head on over to Snapping Springs for a drink.”

The cubs quickly jumped off the rock and dashed to Zanta’s side as the small group forged on.

After a bit of walking, the group finally arrived at their next destination, Snapping Springs. The large waterhole glistened in the midday’s sun. The lambent water rippled as the wind skimmed over the surface of it. There was quite a crowd of various types of creatures there and Solus’s curiosity was sparked. He watched the different animals as they cautiously took small drinks from the large pool of water. Zanta looked around and spotted an opening for the group to get a drink at. She led the cubs down to the bank of the waterhole as she took a cool drink from the rejuvenating liquid. She then moved aside for the cubs to have a drink. Typically, she’d be keeping a close eye on them as they drank but her mind kept reverting back to the thought of that scent by Meeko’s cave. She could have sworn that it was that of Enzi but why on earth would Enzi be at Meeko’s den at this time of day.

Solus was absolutely fascinated by everything that was around him. He took a quick drink from the refreshing spring as his eyes darted back and forth, taking in all that was happening around him. As Jogu and Raziya finished taking a drink from the pure water, they went about splashing each other in a carefree manner. Zanta’s mind was still hard at work, keeping her distracted at the moment, which was never a good thing to do around Snapping Springs. A murky looking figure slowly floated towards where Solus was sitting, staring off at Jogu and Raziya playing a few paces away. Thankfully, Sanaa still kept her wits about her as she spotted the danger and cried out.

“Solus! Look out!”

She leapt towards him and quickly pulled him away from the edge of the water not a moment too soon. A large pair of jaws popped out of the water just inches from where Solus had been seated not a mere moment ago. Solus gasped at the sight as his eyes locked onto those of a large crocodile. His heart was racing at a million miles per second as he panted out of fright. Seeing what happened, Zanta was quickly brought back to a conscious train of thought now as she rushed over to Solus as she spoke urgently.

“Are you ok Solus?”

Solus was very shaken but not injured at all. He merely nodded to Zanta as he tried to compose himself. Jogu and Raziya ran up to them now and made sure that Solus was ok too. Zanta turned to Sanaa and gave the young cub a very appreciative hug, speaking softly to her.

“Thank you Sanaa. I should have been paying more attention. I’m so glad that you were here. Thank you thank you thank you!”

Sanaa smiled and nodded to Zanta as she returned to Solus’s side to comfort him more. After a little bit of reassurance by all his family and friend, Solus was back to his old self again as the group left Snapping Springs for now and headed towards the last stop on their planned adventure, Roaring Rock. This event had brought Zanta’s mind back to where it should be, focused on the cubs now. She totally dismissed the thoughts of Meeko’s den and Enzi and kept her eyes on the cubs now full time.

After another short walk, the group arrived at Roaring Rock. Upon seeing the setting, Solus’s eyes widened. There in front of him was a group off rocks that truly looked like a lion’s mouth roaring. The bottom rock stuck out of the large hill side that lay in front of them. There was another rock that stuck out from the top of the hill and slightly curved downwards at some points, making it look as though there were teeth coming out from the base of it. There was a cave directly in between the two rocks that appeared to be a mouth or throat. It was quite a sight to see. Jogu and Raziya quickly dashed towards the rock and started to play. This was their favorite spot to spend countless hours playing at. They would climb the hill and slide down the smooth edge of it over and over again. They’d also play in the cave that didn’t go too far into the hill side, but far enough were it was out of view from the outside world. Sanaa stood by Solus’s side, not wanting to ditch her friend to run after Jogu and Raziya. She nudged him as she spoke.

“Are you just going to look at the rock all day Solus or are we going to have fun like Razi and Jogi?”

Solus smiled and nodded to Sanaa as he replied.

“Oh yeah, let’s go Sanaa, I’ll race you.”

He quickly dashed off towards where Raziya and Jogu had run off to, quickly followed closely by Sanaa. Zanta lay in the grass near the rock, keeping her full attention on the cubs, as they played and frolicked together. She sighed softly to herself as she thought.

Look at those cubs. Not a care in the world. Reminds me of how Enzi and I once were. We used to come here all the time and just talk.

Zanta missed those days so badly but being Pride Leaders was a lot of work and didn’t leave much time for themselves, especially having the cubs around almost all the time. She rested her furry head upon her soft fore paws as she enjoyed the cool breeze and the afternoon sun. The cubs recreated in the afternoon sun for a couple of hours as Zanta lay there, thinking of times past and enjoying life for the moment. It was getting on towards evening time now though and she knew they should start heading back now. She called to the cubs.

“Ok Cubbies, it’s time to go back to Home now.”

The four cubs scampered back to her and nodded. Solus looked past Roaring Rock and noticed the vast landscape that lay ahead of it. He asked questioningly.

“What’s out there past Roaring Rock?”

Zanta nudged him to start moving as she spoke.

“Don’t worry about that place Solus. We don’t go there ever so you don’t need to know.”

She got the young cub walking now as she looked back over her shoulder towards The Purlieus and then followed the cubs back to Home. After dropping Sanaa back at Nuru’s den and picking up dinner as well, Zanta led the cubs back to their den now. Enzi was not back yet from his rounds so she and the cubs had dinner and waited for his return. It was quite some time later when Enzi finally arrived back at the den. All three of the cubs were fast asleep by this time, huddled in a cute little triangle of furry bodies. Zanta was resting on the floor of the den as she spotted Enzi coming in now. She smiled and spoke to him quietly.

“You’re home kind of late Dear. How was your day?”

Enzi quickly wolfed down the left over meal that was left for him as he spoke.

“My day Love? It was the same old thing. I had to get the Scouting Report from Meeko and it was a bit long tonight, so that’s why I’m kind of late.”

He finished eating and took up a position next to his mate now. She nuzzled him affectionately and licked him lovingly on the muzzle as she replied.

“Oh, I see. Well, the cubs and I had a lot of fun today too. We went all over the place.”

Enzi chuckled as he nuzzled his mate and responded.

“Heh, you think I had fun today? I’d much rather be with the cubs than patrolling the lands you know.”

Zanta giggled slightly. Smelling her mate’s scent now, was triggering her mind to recall the scent that she had smelled at Meeko’s den earlier today. She casually spoke now.

“Well, it’s not all patrolling now is it? I mean, you do see Meeko once a day for the Scouting Report right?”

Enzi nodded to her as he retorted.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. It’s not all boring.”

Zanta shuffled her fore paw on the ground a bit as she spoke again.

“So what was this long report about tonight Dear?”/b]

Enzi yawned and laid his head on his large fore paws as he answered.

[b]“Oh, this and that, just boring stuff Love. I don’t want to bore you with trivial details.”

Zanta frowned at him as she spoke.

“Oh, I see. So…You only saw Meeko once today right Dear?”

Enzi looked at his mate as he responded.

“Yes Love, only once for the Scouting Report. Why do you ask?”

Zanta shrugged and quickly dismissed the subject.

“Oh, no reason, forget about it Dear. I just, I don’t know really. Maybe I had too much sun today.”

Enzi nuzzled her gently and smiled as he replied.

“You must have Love because you’re HOT!”

He grinned at her as he licked her on her muzzle. Zanta giggled at him and snuggled in close to his furry, warm pelt. She still wasn’t quite sure of what she had detected at Meeko’s den this day but for now, she’d just leave matters alone. The two of them laid together in the comfort of the den as the night pressed on and sleep overtook the entire Aurora Pride.
Last edited by KiarasMate on November 17th, 2009, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby KingKivuli » November 17th, 2009, 4:42 pm

wow excellent work going on here! I have competition lol great story, i need to watch my back ;)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby KiarasMate » November 17th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Chapter 4: A Thin Lion Between Love & Hate

Another month flew by as the cubs grew and matured. Ever since Solus had been shown the lay of the land, he, Jogu, Raziya and Sanaa had spent everyday, playing outside together under the watchful care of Zanta. They were growing up fast and each of them had their own unique qualities about them. Solus was timid but very playful. He enjoyed being around Sanaa more so than Jogu and Raziya, although the four of them got along superbly and were always in each other’s company. His light brown fur was starting to take on a slightly darker appearance as he grew. His body was starting to fill in a bit more, as he no longer looked like the weak cub who had strayed into Zanta and Enzi’s den several months back. He was very happy with his new life, as it was still the only life he knew of, seeing as his memories of his early time as a cub still eluded him. Jogu and Raziya were also shaping up nicely. Both of them were taking on the looks of their parents, Jogu, looking more like his father with his tan colored fur and Raziya, resembling more of her mother’s looks, sporting a very light, almost whitish colored fur. Sanaa’s looks remained very similar to her mother’s as her golden colored fur was impeccable and her frame, flawless. The cubs lives seemed perfect but things couldn’t have been more different for Zanta and Enzi. Ever since that day she had scented her mate’s aroma at Meeko’s den, Zanta had constantly been thinking about her and her mate’s situation. Enzi had been coming back to their den rather late it seemed on a nightly basis and she was starting to get very curious about what he was up to. Even though she knew that her mate always had to get the Scouting Report from Meeko each night, she questioned if that was all the two of them were doing. She loved Enzi with all her heart and just the thought of him breaking the promise they had made so long ago, was enough to bring her to tears. She did her best though, not to let these thoughts take over. She wanted to trust her mate fully but as time pressed on, her feelings of wanting to know the truth started to get the better of her.

It was a rather chilly morning when Zanta woke up from a restless night’s sleep. She was cold and looked over to where Enzi was laying flat on his back, sound asleep. He had returned back to their den very late last night and almost immediately fallen asleep. Zanta had paid it no mind though as she didn’t want to upset him with asking him what he had been doing. She always did this and it seemed to bother him in some way or another.

Zanta rose to all fours now and walked over to where her mate was dozing at. She looked around and spotted the three cubs, cuddled together and sleeping peacefully. She smiled as she laid next to her mate and snuggled in close to his warm, thick body. She gave him a loving nuzzle on his neck as she purred softly. She knew her mate was a heavy sleeper and figured she’d go back to sleep for a bit before the day’s activities started. She heard her mate purr from her nuzzle and giggled softly as she thought to herself.

I bet he’s having a dream right now. I wonder what he’s dreaming of.

She gently nuzzled him again and spotted his hind leg starting to twitch. She grinned. She knew her mate very well and started to softly lick his furry neck as she purred quietly. She knew this always drove him wild when they were together and as she did so, his hind leg reacted by shaking uncontrollably. Enzi still remained soundly asleep though but he began to mumble in his sleep. Zanta brought her ear close to his muzzle as she tried to make out what her mate was saying. She gave him another soft lick on his muzzle as her soft, silver colored fore paws started to gently caress his warm furry body. Enzi’s leg continued to shake as his voice started to become more apparent as he spoke.

“Mmmm…that’s nice…I…”

Zanta once more placed her ear close to her mate’s furry muzzle as she listened to what he was saying.

“I…..Mmmm. I love it when you do that to me Meeko.”

Upon hearing this, Zanta’s actions completely ceased. Her heart froze as those words pierced through her. She quickly pulled away from him, feeling herself filling with a mix of emotions. She felt sick to her stomach and ran quickly out of the den.

It was a few hours later when Enzi awoke. He shivered and stretched his tired body. The morning was very cold and he quickly looked around to try and see where Zanta was but there was no sign of her. He stood up on all fours now and walked outside to relieve himself. His eyes gazed outside as he spotted Zanta, sitting in the grass ahead of him with her back towards him. He smiled and walked up to her, gently giving her a loving nuzzle on her cold, furry back. Zanta felt the nuzzle from him and shuddered with disgust but didn’t say anything. Enzi looked at her with an innocent stare as he spoke.

“Good morning Love. What are you doing up so early and out here?”

Zanta swallowed hard as she tried her best to keep calm as she replied.

“I just felt like, being out here, is all.”

Enzi looked at her puzzled as he responded.

“But it’s really cold out here Love, why don’t you go back into the den. It’s a lot warmer in there.”

Zanta merely looked at him as she turned to go back into the den. She had spent several hours pondering over what had just happened and what exactly it meant. She had come up with a plan in her head and would find out the truth for herself today, if in fact, her mate had broken that promise they had made over two years ago.

After the cubs had gotten up and everything seemed in order, Enzi took his leave from the den, claiming to be going off to do his daily rounds. Still, Zanta said nothing to him as he left. She waited patiently for Sanaa and Nuru to arrive before she could put her plan into action. The cubs, meanwhile, were busy talking amongst themselves about where they would go off and play today. It didn’t take them long to decide on Roaring Rock as their prime destination for today’s fun and excitement. Zanta paced around impatiently at the entrance of the den. She was hoping that Nuru and Sanaa would arrive quickly. Time was of the essence, as her plan was to go after her mate and see what exactly he was up to. Finally, Zanta spotted Sanaa and Nuru making their way to her den. She quickly ran out of the den to intercept them as she spoke to Sanaa quickly.

“Good morning Sanaa. Raziya, Jogu and Solus are waiting for you in the den. Why don’t you go run in and surprise them?”

Sanaa nodded eagerly as she bounded towards the den and disappeared inside. Zanta watched the young cub vanish before she turned back to look at Nuru with a serious expression on her muzzle. Nuru caught sight of the look and spoke up.

“Is something wrong Zanta? You look odd this morning. Not to offend you of course it’s just…”

Zanta quickly cut her off as she uttered.

“Look Nuru, I know you have to lead the Hunting Party but I have to ask you a favor. I need you to stay with the cubs for a short time while I go attend to some personal matters.”

Nuru looked puzzled as she replied.

“Personal matters? What is the urgency of these matters Zanta, if you don’t mind me asking? You know how much the Hunting Party relies on me being…”

Zanta, once more, cut her friend off as she impatiently responded.

“Please Nuru, I don’t have time to get into it now. I just need you to do me this favor. PLEASE, I never ask anything of you. Just do this for me.”

Nuru sighed as she nodded her head and spoke.

“Very well Zanta. I truly hope though that this is a matter of extreme urgency though, cause I’m giving up my flawless track record with the Hunting Party for you. Don’t be too surprised if they get lost and we all go hungry tonight.”

Zanta barely acknowledged her friend’s comment as she quickly dashed off towards The Quarry. Nuru watched her depart and shrugged her shoulders as she wandered into the den, muttering to herself.

Zanta made a beeline for Meeko’s den. She kept well out of sight as she traveled, not wanting to be spotted by anyone. She crept up to where Meeko’s den was and took up a stealthy position near it. Her eyes focused in on the activity that was taking place inside. Her ears twitched as they tried to hone in on what was being said within the confines of the dark den. Her breath hung heavy in the cold, morning air as her eyes peered into the den, spotting the thin figure of a lioness lying on the den floor. It had to be Meeko. She watched and perked her ears up as she heard the young lioness speaking now.

“Burr. It sure is cold this morning.”

Zanta heard another, deeper voice within the cave answer the young lioness’s speech, but it was too hard to make out what the other voice had said. She strained her ears to listen even closer as her eyes squinted to get a better view of what was happening. She heard the young lioness speak again.

“Your paws are so cold. Why don’t you warm them up on my warm body?”

Zanta’s eyes widened as she saw a dark colored figure draping itself over the young, thin frame of the lioness on the ground. She quickly averted her eyes as her ears caught wind of what was being spoken now by the large, male lion on top of the lioness.

“Is that a promise Meeko cause I’d love to warm my paws on your body.”

Zanta could feel tears coming to her eyes as she took one more stare within the cave to confirm her fears. It was Enzi. He was with Meeko, in her den, when he had told her that he was out doing his so called daily rounds. She turned her eyes away once more as the actions in front of her became very explicit. She quickly ran off, hot, salty tears falling from her eyes, stinging her cold muzzle as they fell down the side of her face. All she could hear ringing in the back of her mind was the moans and groans that had emanated from within the den as she had departed. It made her feel sick once more as she dashed back to her den. As she entered the den, she quickly passed by her cubs, Sanaa and Nuru without a word. Nuru caught sight of her friend’s current condition and quickly ushered the young cubs out of the den before she turned back and went over to where Zanta was laying, near the back of the den, balling her eyes out. Nuru placed a golden colored fore paw over her friend’s shoulder in a comforting matter as she spoke softly.

“What’s the matter Zanta? What happened?”

Zanta was in no mood to talk at the moment simply waving Nuru away with a paw. Nuru sighed and spoke as she turned to leave.

“I’ll watch the cubs for you today Zanta as it seems you’re not feeling well. I’m here for you Zanta if you want to talk about it but for now, I’ll leave you alone.”

Nuru quickly walked out of the den and motioned for the cubs to follow her. Sanaa dashed up to her mother’s side as she spoke.

“Mom, is Zanta ok?”

Nuru quickly hushed her daughter as she spoke to all of the cubs indirectly.

“Zanta is just tired is all. She needs to get some rest so I’ll be watching you cubs for today. Where do you all want to go?”

Unaware of their mother’s misfortune, the cubs quickly chimed in all at once.

“Roaring Rock!”

Nuru smiled and quickened her pace as she spoke in a much cheerier tone now.

“Alright then, let’s get a move on cubs! Last one there is a rotten wildebeest.”

The group of lions dashed off, leaving Zanta alone in the den with only her sorrow to keep her company.

Zanta lay in the back of the den, tears falling from her eyes like rain falling from the clouds. She buried her muzzle into her fore paws as she wept soundly, the images of what she saw today were plastered into her thoughts. She tried to remove the horrid scene from her memory but to no avail. She was only able to lay there, sobbing over what she had seen and eventually, cried herself to sleep as her mind began to replay a scene that had taken place so long ago, yet still seemed so vivid in her mind. An event two years passed and still as clear as day itself. The day she and Enzi had made that fateful promise to one another. The promise he had completely destroyed today.

The night sky hung heavy as the stars danced and sparkled in the darkness above. A young lioness with silver colored fur that seemed to match that of the pale moonlight that shown down upon her, as she stood next to an outcrop of rocks from the side of a hill. She sat there, swaying her thin tail eagerly as her eyes darted around the surrounding scenery, apparently looking for something or someone to arrive. Her slender figure and young looking appearances were captured in the glowing moon light as a soft wind blew passed her. She shivered a bit as her fur was ruffled by the gentle breeze. A warm smile formed on her muzzle as her eyes locked onto an approaching figure in the distance. A young looking male lion was bounding his way towards her. His tan, sleek looking fur swayed softly in the air as his strong, powerful paws carried him closer to the awaiting lioness. Her blue eyes seemed to shimmer in the moonlight as they watched him near her now. He panted softly as his gentle stare met hers. He spoke as he caught his breath.

“I’m sorry I’m late Zanta. I was kept up at The Quarry. Everyone kept asking me questions and…”

The young lioness quickly pressed her soft, ebony colored muzzle lips against his muzzle, silencing his speech as they enjoyed a very passionate kiss under the stars. The young male lion fell quiet as his eyes closed, savoring the tender exchange that he and the young lioness were sharing together. As their muzzles separated, he smiled at her and blushed. She returned his smile as she cleaned her muzzle with her tongue and spoke lovingly.

“You don’t have to explain anything to me Enzi. I understand how busy you must be. It’s only been what, a couple of weeks since you’ve become Pride Leader? It must be a lot of work.”

Enzi nodded to her as he lovingly nuzzled the side of her furry cheek, speaking gently to her.

“You got that right Zanta. I still can’t believe all the work that goes into running a pride. It’s overwhelming at times.”

Zanta grinned at him and gave him a loving hug, wrapping her slender, silvery fore arms around his thick mane. She leaned in and gave him a soft lick on the cheek as she spoke into his ear softly.

“Don’t worry Enzi. I know you’re going to be a great leader. I’m certain of it.”

Enzi began to purr quietly as he felt Zanta’s warm, wet tongue run over his tan, furry ear. He looked at her with a very affectionate stare as he replied.

“As long as you are by my side Zanta, I know I’ll be okay.”

Zanta’s eyes lit up as she smiled widely, speaking in an eager tone.

“Does that mean, you want me to be…your mate?”

Enzi nodded his head and smiled warmly at her as he responded.

“The first time I came to this pride and laid eyes upon your beautiful fur, and perfect features, I knew that you’d be my mate eventually Zanta. I’ve wanted nothing more than to be with you and you alone ever since then.”

Zanta blushed deeply from the flattery that Enzi was dishing out. She looked at the ground now, not wanting to show her embarrassment to him as she pawed the dirt below her nervously. Enzi gently lifted her muzzle with a fore paw as he gazed into those entrancing, blue eyes of hers, speaking softly.

“Will you be my mate Zanta? I want to spend the rest of my life with you being with me.”

Zanta stared at him with a longing look as she slowly spoke.

“I do want to be your mate Enzi. I want to be your one and only though.” She frowned a little bit as she continued. “As Pride Leader, I know you can choose whoever you want to be your mate and I know you don’t have to just stick with one lioness but...I’d really want you to be with me only.”

Enzi smiled as he gave Zanta a very loving nuzzle, speaking tenderly to her.

“You don’t have to worry about that Zanta. I’ve made up my mind that you will be my only mate in this pride. I want to be yours solely and spend our lives together.”

Zanta’s heart raced as her feelings for him were growing stronger by the minute. She replied as she leaned into him.

“Do you really mean it Enzi?”

Enzi wrapped both his strong, sinewy fore arms around her and brought her in close to him as he answered her.

“I promise to you Zanta that you’re my one and only mate, from now until the bitter end.”

Zanta was overcome by emotion. She hugged Enzi tightly as she purred happily, her tail swaying blissfully in the air. Enzi felt her shivering as he whispered into her ear.

“Are you cold Zanta? You’re shivering.”

Zanta smiled at him as she replied.

“A little, but I’m shivering more from being excited. I’m so happy you chose me to be your only mate Enzi. You don’t know how much that means to me.” She leaned in and gave him a very loving kiss on the muzzle as she whispered. “I love you my dear Enzi.”

Enzi felt his heart rate go up too as he hugged Zanta tightly and whispered back to her.

“I love you too, Zanta my Love.”

Zanta shivered a bit more now and Enzi felt this. He quickly looked around and spotted a cave that led into the hillside in front of them. He motioned for her to follow him as the two of them slipped inside the warmth of the cave, away from the prying eyes of the night sky and the cold touch of the chilly breeze. It was upon that night that not only a bond was formed between Enzi and Zanta, but a new life was also conceived.

Zanta awoke suddenly from her dream. She lifted her head up from her fore paws as she listened to the paw steps that were drawing near the den. She quickly got up onto all fours as her eyes locked upon who the paw steps belonged to. It was Enzi. As Enzi walked into the den, he was blissfully unaware of what his mate knew of his earlier actions that day. He had just come in to take a quick nap in the den, thinking that Zanta and the cubs would be out and about. He spotted his mate standing in the den alone and was caught off guard as he quickly spoke up.

“Oh, hello Love. What are you doing here and where are the cubs?”[b\

He walked over to her and gave her a loving nuzzle. Zanta snarled fiercely as she quickly shoved him off her and backed away from him. Enzi was puzzled at his mate’s unfamiliar response to his affectionate advances. He walked towards her as he spoke in a confused manner.

[b]“Zanta Love, it’s me, Enzi. What’s the matter with you?”

Zanta bared her teeth at him as he inched closer to her as she hissed through her muzzle.

“Don’t come near me Enzi. I don’t even want to be around you right now.”

Enzi froze in his tracks as he gazed at his distraught mate. He spoke lovingly to her.

“What’s the matter Love, you don’t mean that. Tell me, what’s wrong?”

Zanta quickly snapped back at him as she dug her extended claws deep into the earth below her.

“What’s wrong? You’re what’s wrong Enzi!”

Enzi still looked befuddled by his mate’s words as he persisted to inquire about what was bothering her.

“Me? What have I done to upset you Love?”

Zanta’s voice quickly rose as she shouted at him.

“Stop calling me Love! it’s making me sick to my stomach!”

Enzi walked over to her now and put a loving paw atop her shoulder as he spoke.

“You’re starting to worry me Zanta. Tell me what’s wrong please?”

She quickly batted his paw off of her roughly as she swiped a fore paw at his face. Enzi quickly dodged the razor sharp claws as he backed away now. Zanta growled angrily at him as she spoke in a cold tone.

“Keep your dirty paws off me! I don’t want those filthy things anywhere near me!”

Enzi was starting to realize that his mate was very upset at him as he took a seat, keeping his distance from his mate right now, speaking, or at least trying to speak in a calming manner.”

“Alright Love, I won’t go near you but at least tell me what’s wrong? I hate to see you like this.”

Zanta laughed sarcastically as she glared at him and replied.

“Ha, you hate to see me like this though you’re the one who caused this misery. You and your hallow words. You and your empty promises!”

Enzi gulped as it was starting to dawn upon him that his mate knew a lot more about his secret life then he had previously known. He tried to keep his composure still as he responded.

“I’m still not sure what you’re getting at Zanta.”

Zanta scowled at him as she snapped back.

“Oh, don’t even try to act like that Enzi. I know you know damn well what I mean by that, or should I go ask Meeko to explain it for you in words you’d understand?”

Hearing his mate mention Meeko’s name, Enzi knew the jig was up. He sighed as he tried to quickly patch things up between him and his mate.

“Zanta, I, I can explain. It’s not what you think really..I just…”

She quickly cut him short as she cried out.

“You just WHAT Enzi? You just had to go and break the promise you made to me over two years ago in front of Roaring Rock? Or do you even remember that promise? Perhaps it’s slipped out of that thick head of yours!”

Enzi frowned as his mate’s hurtful words drove into his heart. He spoke in a much more subdued voice now.

“Zanta. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to break that promise to you. I just got carried away with myself is all.”

Zanta jeered at him with a icy stare as she spoke.

“I’ll say you did. It seemed as though you couldn’t keep your paws off of Meeko, even when you told me you were going out to do your daily rounds. How long has it been going on Enzi? Or has it been so long that you can’t even remember that too?”

Enzi’s mind wasn’t thinking properly by this time as he blurted out.

“Well what was I supposed to do Zanta? It was about two months ago and she was in heat. I am a male lion you know and well, I just got too into it with her, besides you, having the cubs and all..”

Zanta gasped as she quickly retorted.

“Oh, so me having the cubs and not being able to go into heat gives you the right, as a male lion to just go off and break your promise to me and mate with whoever you want to? Don’t you dare even try using that excuse Enzi! They’re your cubs too! I’m not just your mate am I? Just the object you use to get yourself a quick fix and then jump to the next best thing? I thought you were better than that Enzi! I’ve loved you for over two years now and in a single day, you’ve shattered my trust and….maybe even my love fore you.”

Enzi quickly ran up to his mate and gave her a passionate kiss on the muzzle, speaking to her as lovingly as he could.

“Don’t’ say that Zanta! I love you. You’re my mate and that will never change!”

Zanta quickly pulled away from the kiss and struck Enzi firmly on the muzzle with her fore paw. The force of the blow rattled him as he backed away, with a shocked look on his muzzle. Zanta’s eyes were starting to fill with tears once more as she shouted at him.

“I don’t know which has more crap in it! The outside of this den or inside! Get out of here Enzi! I want you OUT!”

Enzi rubbed the side of his muzzle tenderly as his mate’s words filled his ears. He was about to speak up once more but saw the look upon his mate’s face. He sighed and quickly beat a hasty retreat out of the den. Zanta watched him go as she collapsed to the floor of the den, hiding her muzzle in her fore paws as she cried her heart out. She didn’t want to believe what was going on right now. She didn’t want to come to terms that her mate had lied to her and broken that sacred bond that they had made on that fateful night. She didn’t want to think, that in a single day, her love, her world, her only thing in life she cared for just as much as her cubs, was now, the one thing she loathed most in life. Well, not the only thing she loathed most in life. She snorted as she could almost still smell the scent of Meeko, as if it was hanging in the air, mocking her. She continued to cry as all the pieces where starting to fall into place within her mind. That day, when Solus had came into their lives, Enzi had shown up late at the den. She had merely thought it was because of the rain but now, she realized that that must have been the day Enzi and Meeko had spent together for the first time. She just didn’t know it because the rain had washed Meeko’s scent off his fur. She thought back to the time when she had stopped in to thank Meeko for telling her about Solus and how Meeko had looked all roughed up with the scent of Enzi in the air. They must have just been together then too, seeing as Meeko was very flustered at the time. Perhaps she knew this had been going on all along, but just didn’t want to bring herself to accept it. Either way though, things had taken a turn for the worst between her and Enzi and not even Zanta herself was sure of what would become of this delicate relationship.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby CommandoTheLion » November 17th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Whoa awesome long story xD very long xD and very good xD
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby CheetahCat » November 17th, 2009, 11:12 pm

Wow, this definitely sure brings back memories lol. I remember when you told me about this idea long time ago KM and I must stay, I was really thrilled to know you were going to write a story for me. hehe. ^^ At the time that is lol. But still, I really do appreciate you so much for taking the time to write a few chapters to this already amazing Fan Fiction. ^^ Like I told you a million times, you honestly do write so well and you're gifted when it comes to Fan Fiction writing. Your ideals, characters and plots fit so well in all of the Fan Fictions I've read and me personally, you're still my favorite writer. Words can't describe how much I cherish this marvelous Fan Fiction and I still have it saved on my computer. I keep a back up of it on my flash drive since it really does mean a lot to me. ^^

Despite it not being finished, it's still my personal favorite and amongst one of the sweetest things you've done for me. ^^ I really do feel honored to get a small Fan Fiction from you KM, you truly are the best! ^^ *Cubby hugs tightly*
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Mike » November 18th, 2009, 4:33 am

We've come full circle 'old buddy ^.^ My first encounter with you was reading your old fanfic on TLKPF and being blown away by it, and I'm happy to say that this has happened again. You've fleshed all the characters out to be totally believable and loveable. You portray them with a great deal of skill, able to generate sympathy, affection, and anger for the characters. You toe the line of cubby friendly with great skill, making the scenes emotional and graphic without being explicit or offensive.

I notice with great anticipation and glee that we have yet to meet the Tenebrous Pride, (Very nice names for the prides by the way =) ) and I have no doubt that their characters and stories will be just as entertaining as the Aurora Pride has been so far.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby KiarasMate » November 19th, 2009, 12:04 am

Thank you all for the kind feedback. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Next

Return to Fan Fictions