Baya: Demon of the Desert

Re: Baya: Demon of the Desert

Postby Kopalover » August 29th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Well done! :D Tupa, such a cute name! ^.^
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Baya » August 29th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Ty :3
Gone for good.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2011, 3:46 am

This is great! It's really cool to see Baya finally having a relationship with somebody other than by killing them. Well written with only a few typos littered in, and very small ones at that. Money shot name mixup, though:

[quote]The lioness holding her wasn't, and standing before her was Tupa?????, with a blooded right side of his neck and crimson paws. He looked down to her, with that same expressionless face. He then began to walk away once more, pretending like nothing happened.
[/quote]

Keep this up, Amadeus! I'm not lying when I say I'm fairly hooked: what better compliment is there? ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Baya » August 30th, 2011, 3:54 am

Rawr! I wrote it late .-. Thanks :)
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby Baya » August 31st, 2011, 8:15 am

Chapter 3: The Spoils of Battle

The scorching desert had done quite a toll on the young cub's body. Baya figured the best he could do was provide some shade for her by walking just at the right angle ahead of her or behind her. However, the problem of the dry heat was still there. Normally, Baya would go for days without much water or food, but Tupa was a mere infant. An infant of privilege or good fortune in the past, no doubt.

Baya looked down at the exhausted Tupa, who was heaving for breath, with his emerald green eyes. He held a bold expression, not really showing much concern. Though just because he didn't show it, didn't mean it wasn't there. "The heat will make you strong. It'll bother you a lot at first. Remember rule number two?" Baya asked her in a monotone.

"Never – Never accept defeat until I'm dead…" Tupa said, panting in between some of the words. Baya nodded, glad that she wasn't one to complain. The two made their way across the desert for a short time before they saw an oasis in the distance. This was the best time for a drink because it was mid –day and the sun scorched them at its peak. Even Baya felt a bit bothered by it at this point.

As they made their way towards it, Baya could see the silhouette of another creature by the water. Baya began to pick up the pace of his walking, hoping for a fight before he heard a thud in the sand. He stopped and looked back to Tupa who had collapsed from the scorching heat. The disheartened rogue rolled his eyes, and slowly made his way back to Tupa. He didn't really have much experience with picking up LIVING cubs, but he figured he could just gently put her entire little scruff in his mouth. [GET YOUR MIND OUT THE GUTTER].

He lowered his head, andhe picked her up by her scruff without any sort of problem. He jokingly thought he was a natural at being a mother. Baya began to trot towards the watering hole, hoping to give Tupa some shade under one of the palm trees that grew around the great oasis. When Baya got to see what the silhouette was -- a lioness that seemed to be suffering from another sort of heat. Her fur was pale colored and her eyes were a vivid blue. She didn't seem to be very old, nor was she any younger than an adult. Surprisingly, she bore no scars or disfigurements. This led Baya to the conclusion that she was not born in the desert, but probably chased off from a pride.

"Why hello there…" She purred, already taking a liking to the male specimen that turned up at her little watering hole. Baya did not speak as he set Tupa down under the shade.

"Aw, look at that. I've never seen a male taking care of the cubs before. I thought that was more of a lioness's job…" She murmured, with a large seductive grin. She slowly made her way towards Baya, who had his full attention on the little cub. Baya placed his paw on Tupa's side gently, to make sure her breathing was normal.

"Oh, you are going to ignore me? Such cold behavior. It really refreshes me in this…heat…" She purred as she fell onto her side, and began rolling around. She was definitely trying to give off a message at this point. A message that seemed to not be understood by the male in front of her.

"You are that killer aren't you? Baya? They talk of you much around these parts. I find your strength very astonishing. While that little thing over there is sleeping, how about you give me one of my own, hm?" She purred. She wasn't about to let up. She didn't have much preference by the looks of it, as Baya was definitely not the best looking rogue out here.

"If I wanted you, I would've taken you by now. Now leave me alone. I'm not interested." Baya warn, with a bold and simple expression on his face. The lioness let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. She began to edge closer to Baya. She moved her head under his, and moved her cheek against his. This lion was such a prude.

"It's ok to give in to your urges dear. I know you want me. How about you just make us both happy, and let nature run its course?" She whispered into his ear. "You'll never get a catch like me again…best to take advantage of it." She murmured, nipping his ear in a courting manner.

Within a flash the lioness wailed and jumped back. She held her cheek where three large slash marks were now oozing crimson regret. Baya had cracked a smirk finally. The wounds were deep enough to scar the lioness's face for good.

"H-How DARE you! I offer myself to you, and you strike me?" She snarled in anguish, and anger. She glared at Baya. Baya had gotten into a fighting stance meanwhile, his grin showing off his incisors.

"Gotta love that strength huh? Hah! Hahahaha!" Baya cackled as he got closer to the lioness. She stepped back, her ears flat against her head. She knew she wouldn't win against a heartless beast like this. She knew if she even attempted, she would either leave with more scarring wounds, or end up dying in self defense. She backed up slowly, and then with a sprint of speed ran off.

When she began to run Baya contemplated going after her , but then he looked to the young Tupa. His grin faded and he walked to the watering hole to take a nice, long, and well deserved drink. When he finished drinking he looked to Tupa, who was awake and trying to stand up to get to the water. He quickly pushed her along the sand until she was at the edge of the watering hole.

Tupa took a long drink, but gasped when Baya shoved her whole head in. He quickly pulled it out, with her sputtering and wide eyed. "W-Why? Why'd you do that! You are crazy!" Tupa coughed and sputtered.

"Damn straight." Baya said with a grin as he plunged her head into the water again, before pulling it out. Baya figured if he dipped her head in the water, it would cool her off faster so they could get on the move again. He wasn't very patient.

Once Tupa was a bit more cooled down, she looked to Baya. "So why didn't you mate with that pretty lioness?" Tupa asked out of the blue as she and Baya began walking away from the Oasis. Baya was a tad bit surprised at the question, considering Tupa was not old enough to be thinking of such things.

"I have my reasons."
Baya answered simply. Tupa figured that was answer enough. She wouldn't dare probe further, because then she was afraid Baya might just lose his patience.

Tupa's stomach began to growl, and it caused contractions of her stomach at the same time. Baya could easily hear it, and he was somewhat hungry himself. "You are going to learn something else today. One of the basic rules of the desert. Where there are buzzards…there is food." Baya explained as he looked upwards. Sure enough there was a rather large circle of buzzards to the east of them, not too far.

It was not much of a long walk, as both Baya and Tupa felt fully refreshed from the little rest and drink they had at the oasis. "Watch me, and learn." Baya murmured as he walked up to what the buzzards were swarming over. He let out a heavy roar, scaring Tupa just a tad bit at the same time. The buzzards squawked in fear and jumped into the air, flapping their wings like mad. It appeared as though they were feasting on a dead desert rabbit.

"Hey buddy! We were eating that!" One of the buzzards exclaimed, a young male by the sound of his voice.

"Yeah! Get your own scraps!" Another shouted from above, an older female.

"I dare you to come down here and take it from me."
Baya snarled with a smirk up towards the circle of buzzards. The buzzards all squawked, and Baya nodded at Tupa. She slowly made her way towards the half eating carcass and began to eat. It was a tad bit difficult, since she usually had her mother pre-chew it for her, but she wasn't going to ask Baya for that sort of thing.

"Is he the one? The one they all talk about?"

"He must be, look at all those scars!"

"You think he'll kill us?"

"No you idiot, we are up in the sky!"

The buzzards talked on and on whilst Tupa ate her fill. Baya simply laid down on his side, not really caring for his own hunger. He just didn't want Tupa collapsing again.

"Hey! Hey you! Are you Baya of the desert?" One of the older females asked from above. Baya did not respond, holding his tongue for battle. He didn't usually talk to anyone of unimportance.

"He definitely is! Look at how cool he just handled that question!"

"He didn't handle the question! He just ignored us you nincompoop!"

"He is Baya alright. Look at those rough little paws! Hahahaha!"

"We got to thank you, Demon of the Desert!" One of the older males called from above. Tupa licked her muzzle clean of rabbit flesh, and looked up in confusion. Why would they thank Baya? He's a ruthless killer.

"What did he do for you?"
Tupa asked, with a tilt of her head. The buzzards all laughed.

"See kid, we don't like to kill. We are lazy like that. We just eat what's left behind!" One of the buzzards explained mid-flight.

"And Baya here sends a lot of food our way! I guess we can give up one meal for him!"

"Yeah! When someone in our little flock says 'I'm hungry', we say grow a pair and follow Baya around for like ten minutes! Instant meal!" One of the buzzards squawked and laughed.

"Let's go." Baya finally said as he stood, and began to walk ahead of Tupa. He was tired of listening to these birds speak, and he had no way of silencing them. Tupa, belly filled with food, began to follow after her mentor.

"See ya later Baya! Try to not damage the meat so much! Hahahah!"
The buzzards laughed again.

"Baya, do you ever eat anything you kill?" Tupa asked when they were just a bit away from the buzzards. "Why do you let those things have them? I mean…that's pretty much the reward for your battle isn't it? Food? Survival?"

Baya stopped and looked down at Tupa with a grim smirk. "My dear, the reward of battle is the battle itself."
Last edited by Baya on September 6th, 2011, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby Kopalover » August 31st, 2011, 12:37 pm

Well done! I laughed at the buzzard saying Grow a pair! You should really consider being an author.. I would totally read anything you write! :D
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Baya » August 31st, 2011, 4:01 pm

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby Azdgari » September 5th, 2011, 6:51 am

Good update, I like the characterization of the Buzzards, very fun. Your writing is choppy, though. Some typos, passive voice, and weak phrasing/awkwardness. I think it might be because your attention is split with all the oneshots you've been putting out (which is awesome!), but this could use a few more editing run-throughs to get to 100%. ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Baya » September 5th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Thank you sir! I shall fix it C:
Gone for good.
Baya

Postby Baya » September 23rd, 2011, 5:47 am

Chapter 4: A Rough Encounter

Baya and Tupa spent many days, weeks and months wandering the desert together; as mentor and student. Baya trained her to the best of his ability, and soon enough she became a challenge to him. Though even when they actually fought, Tupa would never strike him, but give him an affectionate lick. Baya told her such things meant nothing to him, but she did it anyway to his displeasure. She saw him as a father figure, and although Baya would hate to say it, he saw Tupa as perhaps a younger sister or even a daughter.

Tupa had grown into a strong, independent and stubborn adult lioness. Her magenta eyes, which were normally soft and beautiful, would grow hardened and fierce during battle. Unlike Baya, she didn't see fights as a method of entertainment, but resolving most disputes. When Baya went off to kill rogues, Tupa went off to kill some rabbits or other assorted desert creatures for food. They fought for their own reasons, but Tupa always looked up to Baya. After all, it really meant something that Baya hadn't abandoned her yet, even after she reached adult hood. That sort of loyalty wasn't even something she'd expect from birth parents, let alone a murderer of an adoptive father.

Baya hadn't changed much, his mane only growing out a little bit more and perhaps his number of scars. He still held strongly onto his belief that slaughter was the only real fun out in the desert, and that perhaps one day he would die in battle. That, he explained to Tupa, would mean his death would be one of glorious defeat. Hitting the dirt by old age or disease wasn't something Baya found particularly amusing.

The two were making there way across the desert, per usual, on this sunny morning. With no clouds in the sky to show mercy to the two, their thirst and hunger were intensified by the heat of the scorching sun. Baya, being too proud, did not dare complain or show signs of weakness. Tupa on the other hand, was beginning to see doubles of everything. "B-Baya.We need water...it's been days..." Tupa murmured. Baya remained silent as he walked. A cool breeze whipped past them, making Baya's mane sway. They were near different lands, he could tell. Perhaps there he could find a good fight, and Tupa a drink of water.

"Not much longer..."
Baya muttered, looking cautiously at Tupa's slowing paw steps. Tupa looked to Baya and chuckled, her eyes half closed out of exhaustion.

"Only reason I'm alive is you, so I guess I should trust your judgement." Tupa said with a small grin following after. "Baya...if I were to die right now, would you be upset?" Tupa asked, knowing full well he would be, but he wouldn't say it.

"Death is a part of life. No sorrow in that..." Baya simply replied. Tupa sighed, but her smile stood strong. She knew he would say something like that. After all, he was a total cynic with regards to anything but battle.

The two continued to walk until the sun was directly above them. Baya noticed the ground was growing rougher, and with less sand. He also took note of the many rocky growths from the ground. "We aren't in the desert anymore..." Baya said with a small cackle. "Where there is prosperity...there is weak pampered lions to exploit for a quick battle!" Baya growled.

"Ugh. Water first, Battle later!"
Tupa said as she nudged him sternly with her head. She continued to walk until both she and Baya heard the gentle rush of some sort of water. They walked closer and closer towards it, a mountain ridge seemingly shadowing them as they did so. When they got to the source of the water, there seemed to be many dead logs floating within it, and it was completely shrouded in the shadow of the cliff structure behind them.

"Gosh, it's been awhile!" Tupa sighed in relief as she pushed past Baya, and got closer to the watering hole. She dipped her whole head into the water whilst Baya laid down on the cooler, shadowed earth.

"We can stay here for a few days..." Baya muttered as he looked at the cliff above. Baya turned to see one of the logs moving closer to Tupa's head within the water. His instincts kicked in and he grabbed her by the tail, pulling her back quickly. Those weren't dead logs!

Sure enough, a crocodile's jaws' snapped right where Tupa's head was a second ago. Tupa gasped as she shook her head free of water, and looked at Baya.

"Gosh! What are these Baya?" Tupa said stepping back, as the crocodile hissed and went back into the water. Baya shook his head.

"No clue. They should be avoided..." Baya murmured. His ears twitched and he turned to see a lioness slowly approaching them from behind.

"Baya...please don't drag it out..."
Tupa said with a roll of her eyes.

"No promises..."
Baya said with a cackle as he jumped at the lioness before him. He rolled around with her for a brief moment, her taking a bite to his cheek and a slash to his chin. No blood was drawn as he and the dark furred lioness broke their hold on one another. Her eyes showed a fierceness Baya was all too familiar to. Her stance was incredibly defensive, and she fought remarkably better than many lionesses from the desert. Baya's green eyes met with her purple ones as the two circled one another.

"What are you doing here rogue?"
She spat, not a single bit of empathy in her tone. "These lands are reserved to the outlanders. You better leave before you get hurt." She warned, shooting both him and Tupa a glare. Tupa was looking over her claws and seemingly grooming them.

"Aren't you going to help your ally?"
The lioness asked Tupa, with a look of confusion.

"Who? Baya? Baya doesn't need help. He's taken down lionesses in much better shape than you." Tupa said with a grim smirk. The lioness let out a growl of warning to Tupa, and then turned her attention back to Baya who was cackling quietly to himself. Was he insane?

"What is your name girl?" Baya asked with a smirk as he circled the lioness. She did not take her purple eyes off of him for an instant.

"What's it to you rogue? Do you even have a name?" She growled, holding her defensive stance. Baya cackled.

"Do I have a name? One that is uttered and clears my path, simply put. Baya of the Desert. I only introduce myself to opponents I see worthy of knowing it. Grace me with your name, as you fight well." Baya muttered.

"Vitani of the Outlanders!" She snarled as she jumped at Baya once more, without much warning. Tupa sighed as she laid down on her side, and simply watched the two claw, snarl and slash at each other for a few more minutes before they both got tired. Neither of them was winning, or losing. Both were stubborn and tougher than stone itself.

"I'll ask...one last time."
Vitani panted, glaring at Baya.

"Good. I won't have to hear it again."
Baya said with a smirk as he prepared to leap again, but heard the roar of another lioness. An older looking, but equally as scrawny lioness jumped in front of Vitani, and pawed Baya across the face, sending him to the ground. Tupa at this point grew alert, and got into a fighting stance.

"Mother..."
Vitani muttered.

"Mother?" Tupa asked, seeing a slight resemblance between the older lioness and Vitani. Baya stood quickly and shook his head. He looked to the lioness that struck him, and smirked.

"My, oh my! A family with such fighting spirit! I love it!" Baya cackled, his eyes wide in awe.

"What is your business here rogues! We have no food, and the water here is infested with crocodiles! Best you leave before I use force." The older lioness warned.

"I want you to use force. Might I just say, that your daughter fights alot better than most rogues in the desert! It's a surprise, really it is!" Baya said, still cackling. "What is your name lioness? Grace me with it." Baya growled.

"Mother, I can handle this!"
Vitani chimed in.

"Clearly, you cannot! Stay back girl!" The older lioness snarled at her daughter. Vitani cringed at being scorned by her mother and stepped back a bit.

"I am Zira, leader of the outlanders."
The lioness muttered, not letting down her guard. Baya smirked.

"Baya -"

"Of the desert?" Zira asked, her eyes widening slightly. "Oh my. Isn't this a surprise." Zira now cooed, a look of amusement on her face.

"Mother, you know this rogue?" Vitani asked with a questioning glance at her mother. Zira cackled.

"A ruthless killer that could bring any other to their knees. Such an illustrious reputation you have built for yourself boy." Zira purred, smirking nice and wide.

"Baya, if we are going to kill them we should do it now." Tupa warned. Baya nodded as he prepared for another attack.

"Wait rogue, listen to a proposal, and I promise it'll be worth the time."
Zira said as she glared to Tupa, then looked to Baya. "We find ourselves in a stump with...politics. We need some brute strength on our side, and I'm sure you fit that description." Zira purred. She had no idea if this would work, and if it didn't, she'd just have to kill him.

"I can provide what food, and water I can for you and your..."
Zira said, looking to Tupa wondering what she was to Baya.

"student." Tupa murmured, glaring at Zira.

"Right, your student. In return, you fight for me."
Zira suggested. Vitani looked downright appalled at what her mother was suggesting. She was trying to tame this mindless brute! He probably wouldn't even care which side he was fighting for as long as he got to kill.

"Hmmm."
Baya said, tapping his chin with his index paw toe. "Wouldn't THAT be a delight? Being subject to someone else's orders? That is the part I DONT like." Baya growled, but then looked to Vitani. He smirked as he looked back to Zira.

"Very well, I agree to your terms. I will fight for you...but I want that daughter of yours to fight me too." Vitani's eyes widened at the notion, completely confused as to why Baya would want to fight her as a term of his loyalty to the pride! It made no sense!

"Hm. As long as there is no bodily harm...I can't see a reason to refuse." Zira said with a nod.

"If I wanted to cause her harm, I very much would have already."
Baya pointed out with a smirk.

"Normally he just goes for the throat. You are a lucky one." Tupa said looking at Vitani with slight distaste.

"Very well, now that we've got your support...how about we show you to your sleeping quarters?" Zira asked as she turned, not lowering her guard still. As she began to walk, Vitani walked up next to her, cautiously looking back at Baya who now held an expressionless face.

"Mother...we don't need him." Vitani whispered. Zira chuckled.

"Better to put him in work to our favor, then to having him killed, don't you think? A brute like him could take down a few pridelanders before they kill him anyway..." Zira whispered back to her daughter.

"He looks at me weird..." Vitani whispered hoarsely. Zira looked to her daughter for a moment, and grinned.

"Then perhaps you've got a suitor. Better him than some weakling." Zira teased as she pinched her daughter's cheek roughly and continued walking.

"Mother that isn't funny at ALL."
Vitani said with a look of horror and disgust as she continued to walk alongside her mother.

//

"Uh, Baya, why are we doing this? Did you break or something?" Tupa asked with a frown as she followed behind the two outlander lionesses.

"She amuses me. I want to fight her some more...and not to kill. No. I want to fight and fight and fight." Baya hissed with a cackle. Tupa rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes you are unbearable. I don't know how you are still alive..."
Tupa pointed out. Then an idea dawned on her mind. Perhaps Baya had some interest in this young lioness! Tupa smiled at the thought of Baya courting Vitani. It would be ADORABLE to watch! Then again, Baya could just be in it for his fix, and totally shoot down Tupa's hopes of seeing him having any sort of empathy.
Gone for good.
Baya

Previous

Return to Fan Fictions