[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Longest Journey — My Lion King Forum

The Longest Journey

Re: The Longest Journey

Postby DGFone » July 16th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Dan shrugged. "I doubt it," he admitted, "we'll be very busy with the training, and the only set-up we will be seeing that I can guarantee is a lunar one. I don't think they will be too glad to set up anything else..." He saw the cats look at him, all disappointed. "Look, I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just saying it's unlikely."

They stopped at a corridor intersection. "Follow Luna and Derk, you guys. I'll go and see if I can grab some meat for you." He left them, heading for the kitchen at a run, so that he himself won't be late for the meeting.

Rev walked with the main group though the now familiar corridors. "Well, as much as I would like a bit of jungle in here, I don't think I'm going to get one," he told Simba and Nala, "humans, they.... like to keep things clean to a ridiculous level. All the plants you see..." Where they were, there were no plants in sight. "My point exactly. You'll get used to it though. If only because you'll be too sick to care otherwise." He didn't know how much Simba knew about the vomit comet, but as an early arrival, Rev already went up a few times, and hated every single one.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » July 16th, 2012, 8:28 pm

"You don't say," Simba muttered. "They do that every time?"

Derk laughed at the two cats. "Yup, getting sick is just about all we do."

"But I don't think we'll be doing that today," Derk added. "Knowing the way these meetings go, we'll be there for hours. By the time it's over, we'll probably give the new guys a tour, then it'll be time to play Minecra... uh... I mean, sleep."

"Gee... you really think it'll take that long?" Simba replied.

"I don't think, I know. Together, we can over-complicate anything," Derk explained, obviously not looking forward to the upcoming situation.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » July 16th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Rev grinned at Simba's reaction. "Yeah, the order of business is always composed of three things: getting sick, getting a head ache, and getting bored out of your mind." He then explained how if it's not getting motion sickness, it's either long, hard studying about things that he can barely comprehend, or it's more boring meetings. "...and it looks like we are heading towards the third order of things. If this meeting will be like all the other ones, try not to fall asleep. They don't like that."

He sighed. Right now, climbing up a nice tree felt like something he should be doing. Figures that he was in a place where there were no trees around. "I hope all this will be worth it in the end." They stopped at a door at the end of the corridor. "We're here. Get ready for the most boring time of your life."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Kopalover » July 20th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Luna sighed then opened the door. "I've achieved them boss. May I introduce Simba and Nala into your presence." Sitting in her normal spot beside the Boss. Sweeping her hair out of her face and activating the Bluetooth attached to her ear just in case notes should be taken. Her face was plastered in a completely serious look, that not even a joke could break.

Nala bowed, "Nala, sir. I came with Simba from the Pridelands. Honor to meet you." Saying before she ended her bow and stood up straight. "Thank you for the pleasure to be here." Nitrogen her head once then waiting until Simba spoke.
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » July 20th, 2012, 9:16 pm

The boss, Dr. Nash, nodded at the arrivals. "Ah, so the African arrivals have finally joined us," he grinned at the lions. "Welcome, Simba and Nala, to Cape Canaveral. I hope you will enjoy your time here as much as you can, even if it might get tough at times..." Looking around, Nash nodded at Luna and Derk, but frowned when he couldn't spot Dan. "The meeting will start as soon as everyone's here," he said, "but until then, try to make yourselves as comfortable a you can." He sat down in a chair in front of the meeting table, waiting for Dan to arrive so that the meeting can start.

Rev hopped onto a seat as well, trying to make is as comfortable as he could. "Will it just be us here?" he asked, "or will others show up?"

Nash shook his head. "It will just be us in this room, but there will be others over a video conference." he motioned at a camera on the table. "So if you guys will be able to assemble yourselves where it can see you, it should all work out." He looked at his watch, wondering how long it will take for Dan to arrive.

Soon afterwards, Dan did arrive, holding some meat. "Sorry I'm late, won't happen again." he excused, dropping the meal off in front of Simba and Nala, as well as a bit for Rev. "Ready to start the meeting?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » July 20th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Simba immediately began stuffing his face with meat. "Mmm, that was good! Do you have any more?" he asked, after devouring his breakfast in 10 seconds flat.

"You can have more as soon as this is over," Nash answered.

"So, what is this about, anyway?" Derk asked, crossing his fingers hoping nothing would be said of Minecraft.

"Several reasons, actually, as I was about to explain," Nash replied. "Well, first of all, and most importantly... you see," he said, pointing to a black thing on the ceiling, "someone installed a fart machine in here."

Derk grinned. "I don't know who would ever do such a thing. Fart jokes aren't funny at all."

"Oh, yeah, I agree," Nash added, hiding the fact that he wished he had AA batteries. "But that's beside the point. The point is, we're running low on funds, so we need to stop fooling around like this and pick up the pace. We don't have money to waste, and time is money. So, we'll be starting the training in full swing, today."
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 20th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Dan leaned forward, concerned. "What? They're pulling the cord already? Don't they know what happens when you rush something like this?" He couldn't really believe that funding was already an issue: the first mission had yet to get into orbit, and they were already having to worry about the cash flow. At this rate, he would be surprised if they will even get to take any pictures of the moon from up close, let alone actually land on it.

Nash shook his head. "It's not that simple. There are many different parts to this mission, and while some are coming along nicely, others are getting delayed or over budget. And we don't have a bottomless pocket, remember." Looking at his watch again, Nash sighed. "It's time to start the video conference."

As he began to turn the equipment on, Nash explained who they were going to talk with. "The conference will be with the upper management. They will like to see the entire crew together." He looked at Simba and Nala. "And I am sure that it's now that you will be formally welcomed to out space program." A screen turned on and flickered briefly, revealing a fairly large group of people at some other room elsewhere in the world. "Here we go!"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kopalover » July 29th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Luna stood up, "Please Welcome, Nash." Almost bowing to him, and sitting down. Turning to the lions she smiled lightly. The man on the screen seemed almost scary to her, well, she could loose her job if she didn't properly do everything right.

"Ahh, I see you brought Mufasa here." Nash seemed pleased, almost smiling as he crossed his arms.
"Nash. Mufasa was, unable, to come. We brought his son, and his son's mate." Luna spoke up, almost scared. Then sunk back into her seat.

"Oh? Then you must be Simba!" Seeming more pleased than before. "I've heard much about your stories. Research." Eyeing him closely, then leaning back, staring to Nala. "You're his, 'Mate'?" He questioned, bringing his hand up to his face and leaning forwards. Some people behind him were blocked. "We can't have any lions cubs born in Space." Trailing in his words, then started at her.

Nala swallowed her fear and smiled. "Yes, I am King Simba's mate." Looking to her mate, then nuzzled him. "I can assure you, no cubs will be born off Earth." Again, smiling at the screen. Which, somehow made the man named Nash, able to hear and see them.

"Great." Nash leaned back again, bringing most people back in view. "Dan, why wasn't Mufasa able to attend?" Looking to Dan with a raised eyebrow, almost seeming scary to the girls.
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » July 29th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Dan shrugged, almost nonchalantly. He was completely confident of his choice of bringing Simba and Nala instead of Mufasa, so he wasn't worried about any repercussions because of it. "Mufasa didn't want to come," he replied, "was hesitant about leaving his home. And with all do respect, I think Simba and Nala are a better choice. They're younger, and more eager."

On the screen, Nash nodded and talked quietly with the other people he was with. After some talking, he looked back at the assembled group. "The important reason for this meeting, as I am sure you are already aware, is to determine what the group divisions will be like," he said, "there's six of you, and there will be an initial three missions. While I am confident that after you six there will be more, to start off it will be two crew members per mission. So we need to figure out who will be paired up with who. Because once that choice will be made, it's final. You will live together, train together, fly together. If all goes well, we won't be able to tell you pairs apart from one another, because you will work together so well." He paused for a little while. "So what will it be like?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » July 30th, 2012, 6:15 am

"I suppose Nala would want to be with me," Simba stated. "As long as you don't have any objections to that," he added, knowing that the humans would most likely want to keep them separated.

Unfortunately, Simba was correct in his assumption. "We need at least one human in each lander," Nash confirmed.

"I can go with Nala," Derk suggested. "And I assume You're going with Simba?" he asked Dan.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying