[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Longest Journey — My Lion King Forum

The Longest Journey

Re: The Longest Journey [DGFone and Regulus]

Postby DGFone » July 9th, 2012, 2:50 am

Dan laughed a little. "You have no idea..." he chuckled out loud, "you really don't..." He thought of how to explain to Simba what it will be like, and why it's so dangerous. "Alright, let me see, how to describe it..."

While waiting for the plane to land, Dan began to tell Simba and Nala how rockets work, and why space is not a very good place to be in. "...Everything that keeps you alive here. The warmth of the sun, the very air you breath, all gone..." As he described those, Dan got the feeling that, for the most part, Simba did not really understand much. But when the lion did understand what Dan was describing, it was like he was opening up a whole new world.

After some more talking, Dan decided that it was enough for now. "You will learn a lot more soon enough, and not from me. I'm supposed to help you with when you actually get up there, not as far as actually how to get you there."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » July 9th, 2012, 3:08 am

By the time Dan was done explaining the basics of the lunar environment, the plane came to a halt on the skid strip. While Simba waited in the cabin for his orders he asked, "Before we get off the plane, is there anything else I should know?"
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » July 9th, 2012, 5:28 am

Dan shook his head. "For now? No, there's nothing." Unstrapping himself, he allowed Simba to try getting free of the chair without any help. It took the lion a few tries, but eventually Simba sprang free of the constraints and eagerly returned to Nala's side.

He lead the lions to the door of the plane, waiting it to open. "Prepare to meat the others," he said, "they're interested to see who came back with me, so expect them to be on the other side." He grinned when he heard the mechanical locks in the door begin to unravel. "Any moment now."

Opening the door, Dan took one quick peak into the connecting corridor before shoving himself to the side in order to avoid a blur of orange. The blur ran right past him towards Simba and Nala, colliding into them and sending them rolling. "I see you've met Rev," Dan muttered under his breath. "Rev! What did I tell you about running into the new arrivals?"

The orange blur, which turned out to be a jaguar, suddenly found himself under the expert pin of Nala. "Hey, come on, it's only for good fun!" he complained, trying to escape the lioness's pin. "Come on, let me up!"

Dan just shook his head in amusement. Finally, Rev pounced something that was better than him. Deciding to leave the jaguar alone with the lions, Dan looked back and saw the much tamer humans waiting outside. "I'm back!" he told them, "Derl, Luna, meet Simba and Nala."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Kopalover » July 9th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Luna looked at the two large lions with a smile. "I see you've done your first mission, well done Dan." Staring at Dan with her green eyes and smiling. "Simba, Nala. I'm Luna Asgard. I'll most likely be on one of your teams, if not, then I will work with you at some point." Nodding her head at the lions instead of shaking their hands, since they do not have hands.

Nala growled, then got off of Rev. "Nice to meet you too." She said in a very sarcastic way, then fixed up her fur. "I'm Nala. This is my mate, Simba. We come from the Pridelands. It's a pleasure to meet you, Luna." Nodding back at her very elegantly, "Even though you collided with me, it's nice to meet you too Rev." Nudging him with her paw then smiling.
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » July 9th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Rev grinned back at Nala and got back to his feet, trying to look dignified after his failed tackle. "So you guys are lions, huh?" he looked over Simba and Nala, and chose not to try and size Simba up personally. While still young, Simba was already larger than Rev. "So did Dan tell you that we're going to the moon?" When the lions nodded, Rev gave them a toothy smile. "Did he tell you that I'm going to get there first?"

Dan, who was now busy reading some orders he just received, looked away from his papers to eye Rev. "You don't know that yet, Rev," he said, "and you never know who might end up being better than you." He looked back down at his orders before finally putting them away. "Looks like there's going to be a meeting just about now," he announced, "come on, let's get off the plane."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » July 13th, 2012, 5:03 am

"Before we do anything, let's eat breakfast," Simba said, thinking with his stomach. "Got any antelope around?"

Derk sighed and rolled his eyes. "Who cares, just hurry up. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can go back to playing Minecra- uh... I mean... training, for the mission."
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kopalover » July 13th, 2012, 6:23 am

Nala slightly nudged Simba in the rib with her elbow. "Be polite, Simba!" Scowling as she looked at him with a frown. Quickly she turned away. "Sorry for his impolite ways, but I do believe we haven't eaten in quite sometime, so-." She paused with a smile. "When's dinner!" Panting at the thought of eating again.

Luna simply laughed, and looked at the two lions, then Rev. "If you are hungry, then feel free to eat when we get there." Smiling very nicely at the cats, then turning seriously to Dan. "The meeting will be held in Building 2, Section B, second floor." Nodding at him with no sort of smile, just a straight face. "We will most likely find out our teams there."
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Dan looked up away from the papers at Simba and Nala. "Yeah, we can probably find you guys something. No antelope though... Or zebra... or just about anything else you're used to eating." He scanned the papers again before putting them away. "Yeah, alright, everyone. Let's get off this plane." He waited for everyone to get out before sealing the door shut after him as he too left.

Rev was quite eager to show the new arrivals around the buildings. "So what was it like where you came from?" he asked Simba, "I came from a jungle, so it's kinda weird being inside these buildings here. No vines or anything to climb on..." He grinned. "Well, those pipes are quite easy to grab onto, but you can get into loads of trouble if you break one, so I won't recommend trying." He right away saw his mistake in mentioning the pipes. "And it won't be pleasant for you to break one either!" he quickly added, "I already nearly burned my face off when I did that once. You don't know what they hold inside of them."

Dan just shook his head as they walked. "I would much rather have it be that you guys don't break anything," he said, "after all, you wouldn't want to break something that can't be fixed. Or like Rev learned the hard way, breaks you with it."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » July 14th, 2012, 6:56 am

"Interesting pipe," Simba commented, raising an eyebrow. "Well, Nala and I are from the Pridelands. It's... grasslands; a savannah."

"Looks like you two will be in for a little surprise," Derk teased. "We're right off the coast of the Atlantic ocean, and about 100 miles east of the gulf of Mexico. In other words, we're surrounded by water. We get thunderstorms just about every evening. I hope you like getting wet."
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Re: The Longest Journey

Postby Kopalover » July 16th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Nala sighed, "I hate getting wet." Mumbling under her breath, then only slightly dropping her pale head, then bringing it back up very quickly. "Well, maybe they should install an area so us animals can feel at home." Staring to Derk, Dan and Luna. "A jungle for Rev, an-and an African savanna for Simba and I." Lighting up to the sound of that idea, then frowning as she missed it aswell.

Luna shrugged, then looked around at her companions. "It won't be to hard for us. It'd take about 5 hours with the specialty building we have here." Smiling at the pale lioness then looking at Derk, then Dan. "What do you think? With the little bit of time we have here. We could build something like that for them?" Momentarily after her sentence, a beeping sound emitted through the air. "We have to get to this meeting."
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying