Another Great Loss to the world

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Another Great Loss to the world

Postby KingKivuli » December 27th, 2016, 7:16 pm

I know usually sad topics don't let looked at or talked much about, but this one deserves a mention. Carrie Fisher, the Actress who played Princess Leia in Star Wars has passed away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38446753

Seems 2016 has been a hard punch in the stomach and it left this gaping hole as a final send off. I know alot of people on here are fans so I felt it relevant

RIP Carrie, thank you for all you have done
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Another Great Loss to the world

Postby Elton John » December 27th, 2016, 7:21 pm

The force is strong in my family. My father had it, I have it, and my sister has it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FireAndSun » December 27th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Man, this is just horrible. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and Leia was always one of my favorite female characters from the franchise. So Carrie Fisher's death really gets me. I don't know what the new Star Wars movies are going to do, but I hope they figure out something. Man, 2016 was a horrid year. This is just the final topping on the "F you!" sundae. My condolences to her family and friends.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby TheLionPrince » December 27th, 2016, 8:26 pm

There is a great disturbance in the Force.

Her death stings more because she is circulating the news waves with her new book, The Princess Diarist, and the juicy affair she had with Harrison Ford. And while I won't spoil the ending of Rogue One, but the word, hope, was exactly the right word when it was reported she suffered a heart attack. So, I was hoping she would pull through and recover, but alas, it was not meant to be. Rest in peace, Carrie! My thoughts and condolences with her mother Debbie Reynolds and her close friends and family that knew her. May the Force be with her.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby The Spirit of Life » December 28th, 2016, 1:49 am

Terrible news. The world has lost not only a great actress, but also a strong voice and champion for mental health related issues. RIP Carrie, you are now one with the force.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Queen Elsa » December 28th, 2016, 4:43 am

I was devastated when I heard Carrie Fisher died earlier today. Reading through people's thoughts upon her death didn't really help. She will be greatly missed. I am curious to see what they do with Leia in the ninth movie.
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby FlipMode » December 31st, 2016, 2:06 am

[quote="Queen Elsa"]I was devastated when I heard Carrie Fisher died earlier today. Reading through people's thoughts upon her death didn't really help. She will be greatly missed. I am curious to see what they do with Leia in the ninth movie.[/quote]

I know she had finished filming her scenes for EP 8 but EP 9 I don't see any other way other than a digital Leia or using a different actress for the role. They used a digital Leia for Rogue One as well as another character who had a lot more screen time and honestly it looked really good, most of the time. Occasionally the eyes drifted into that uncanny valley territory but for the most part it was really well done I thought.
There's ways around this, I wouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't say 2016 was a bad year just because some famous people died, but yeah man, RIP to her and best wishes to her family.
It gets to a point with all these celebrity deaths where I run out of things to say about them because I didn't know them personally and am just kind of left with... RIP.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to Fun and Games