[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Are you a furry? — My Lion King Forum

Are you a furry?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Are you a furry?

Yes.
39%
No.
37%
I don't know.
3%
What is a furry?
3%
I disapprove of furries.
3%
16%

Total votes : 38

Re: Are you a furry?

Postby Misiziri » September 13th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Yeah. I just can't see the creators of Nemo and KF Panda as furries, I mean come one :P It's just an alternate, creative style to characterization that I prefer because of how fun it is to chose what species and what their fur patterns will look like, etc.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 13th, 2011, 9:08 pm

KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Misiziri » September 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm

I don't hate the fandom, though sometimes I view the fursuits a tad extravagant... imagine all the other things you could spend that much money on! But alas, if it makes you happy go for it.

Some furries (yiffers I stay faaaaaar away from... what's with them and Sally Acorn >.>) are rabid and overly defensive of their fandom, most are nice people to associate with ~
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Bunga1973 » May 14th, 2019, 3:48 pm

deleted
Bunga1973

Years of membershipYears of membership

Nostalgia nerd

Pride Points: 1

Postby PridelandsPhantom » June 6th, 2019, 12:50 am

There are a few bad apples that spoil the bunch. Media tends to make furries look weird or deviant, most are not. Most are nice people. Do you think I am lol ;) :)
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Timon the great » June 11th, 2020, 6:18 am

I was a little surprised to see that this topic exists on here as I don't remember if I ever did stumble on it in the past years since I joined. But yeah, I do consider myself a furry. Though not really hardcore, my drivers are doing digital artwork now of 2D furry anthro characters I like (and even OCs I've created fully based on Timon's kind but full anthro or human type anatomy), and watching stuff like cartoon movies that feature furry anthro characters. Though I find that most artists who work on such films probably do have personal interests in them, and so it's likely the reason why you also see them fairly common in the movie industry and even back in earlier decades like the 90s. Very popular franchises like Pokémon also seemed to really spark the furry community back then and when the internet really started to take off in the early 2000s with the wider public distribution of broadband internet.

To me, I find a lot of creativity to be had in full anthro characters because you can still add your own personal touch to make them look very unique, and still a 'person' with human anatomy and expressions put in and even clothing. I find those things together on a furry character to be quite personally appealing. And especially female ones that also have feminine characteristics like eyelashes, girl-like anatomy, etc. I had one person recently who said it was "weird" that one of my female characters had breasts; lol. But eh.., to each his own.

As far as other things that furries do like getting into costume as their "fursonas" and the like is out of my league. I don't mind the cons that furries have for themselves based on footage I've seen of them on YouTube like Anthrocon. But it still isn't something I'd personally go to. Much less, creating any kind of fursona.

Now about the furry community in general, the media does seem to give it a bad rap because of making it like taboo stuff when they report about it. Then again, the furry fandom is very diverse and expressive. So you definitely got a "dirty" side to it that seems to be the main reason why most people out there in general think that they're all messed up. Though from my own experiences now and in recent years and like PridelandsPhantom said, most furries are indeed actually pretty nice and sensible people. But the fandom itself doesn't seem to mind what the rest of the world thinks about them. Movies like 'Zootopia' gave the furry community a big dose of acknowledgement out there that they were probably hoping for also, and that film pretty much did the trick.

Lastly, even though I like furry animal type characters, I don't hold RL animals in high regard and especially above a human being simply because they're Not people. For me overall on the furry anthro topic, it's just about the ability to see And express furry characters as people with their own animal type features while making them very humanly appealing at the same time (expressions and anatomy much like a person).
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

I believe in Jesus Christ, lord and savior.
- If you were to die today, where will you spend eternity?
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasMate » June 13th, 2020, 4:20 am

Nope
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Stormy » June 25th, 2020, 2:29 am

uhhhhh nah
Compared to everyone on this site I'm pretty much a 2 year old.
Stormy
this site

is a weird place

Nickname(s): Storm
Pride Points: 7

Postby SimbasGuard » Yesterday, 6:38 am

I never considered Myself a Furry, but being that My Online Alter-Ego is a White Tiger designee to fit into The Lion King Universe I guess I do qualify as a Furry. Although I will not be dressing in costume or going to conventions. I'm only A Tiger Online.
I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 82

Previous

Return to Fun and Games