Song battles:

Song battles:

Postby Azdgari » April 5th, 2010, 2:51 am

So, TLK1 and 2 basically have corresponding songs. So which ones do you guys like more?

Circle of Life vs. He Lives in You:
CoL is a lot more iconic, but honestly, I do like HLIY more. It's more chilled out, which I like, and it's got some sweeet bass in it, as do most LK2 songs, actually.

Can't Wait to be King vs. We are One
Tough. Very tough. I reallly love CWTBK for it's upbeat and energeticness, and it's visual aspect is much better than One. I like the idea of We are One, though, and I love Simba's voice in it. This one's gotta be a tie, too tough to tell.

My Lullaby vs. Be Prepared
Another tough one... Be Prepared is a lot goofier where as My Lullaby is downright evil. They both have parts where when I watch them t I think, "This one is definitely better," but in the end, I really can't decide.

Hakuna Matata vs. Upendi
I'd take Upendi over Hakuna as well, actually. Hakuna is, again, iconic, but honestly, i don't even like it that much, at least until the ending when adult Simba is singin' it out. Upendi is a lot of fun, has (yes, I'm hopeless) a great, great bass track. And let's be frank, you're a robot if you don't crack a smile when Rafiki says, "It's a long way down on a lover's leap, but fallings half de fun!" =P

Love Will Find a Way vs. Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Yikes. No competition. CYFTLT blows LWFAW out of water, at least in my opinion. So beautiful, and I can't help but feel like LWFAW is just a bit too cheesy for me.

Neh? Anybody else have some preferences?
Last edited by Azdgari on April 5th, 2010, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Song battles:

Postby Mike » April 5th, 2010, 3:29 am

Wow! great analysis, and I find myself agreeing to most things ^^ I just think COL>HLIY, and LWFAW is a closer second than you think to CYFTLT ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Azdgari » April 5th, 2010, 3:32 am

Fair enough, this is totally opinion based, so feel free to differ! =]
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiarasMate » April 5th, 2010, 5:00 am

Circle Of Life > He Lives In You - Yeah, it's hard to top that opening song and as much as I just adore TLK2SP, the original wins this round for me. :)

Just Can't Wait To Be King < We Are One - Although both of these songs are perfect for the situations in which they occur within the respective movies, if they must be compared, I'd take We Are One over JCWTBK, seeing as it has more meaningful lyrics and a better life lesson to be learned within it. Again though, it's not really a fair comparison in that aspect. :)

Be Prepared < My Lullaby - While I thoroughly enjoy both of these songs and think they truly do portray just how evil both Scar and Zira are, My Lullaby just came off as being a darker song to me, which when it comes to being a villain's calling card, is a much better thing, so I'll have to give the nod to TLK2SP's song once again.

Hakuna Matata < Upendi - Yeah, I'm crazy here, right? lol. Well, I'm a sucker for love songs and even though everyone seems to dislike Upendi for some reason or another, I truly enjoyed it and as much as I love singing along to Hakuna Matata, I still like Upendi just a tad bit more. :) Must be because of Kiara and that passion fruit. >.>

Can You Feel The Love Tonight < Love Will Find A Way - I suppose it's obvious by now that I prefer TLK2SP's songs mostly over TLK's but just by a very slim margin. I think the reason why I like LWFAW more than CYFTLT, is because LWFAW seems to be more moving to me in the fact that Kovu and Kiara, despite all odds, found each other and love triumphed over all. For CYFTLT, it's already clear that Nala and Simba love each other and aside from Simba supposedly being dead in Nala's mind, there wasn't many hurdles that Simba and Nala's love needed to conquer in order to be. I guess just the theory of love finding a way is more inspiring and romantic to me. ^^

The Morning Report > One Of Us - Yeah, I don't care much for either of these songs but at least The Morning Report was amusing and cleverly written. :)

CYFTLT (End Movie Version) > LWFAW (End Movie Version) - I definitely like CYFTLT better in this case. Nothing against Heather Headly and *can't remember the male vocal's name at the moment* but yeah. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Azdgari » April 5th, 2010, 5:34 am

*smacks forehead* I forgot Hakuna and Upendi! *edits post*

Actually, I can honestly agree with some of those, although I personally like Can You Feel a loooot more than Love will Find a Way. I definitely agree that We Are One has better lyrics and a better lesson, and if I really had to choose one, I would go with We Are One.

I'd take Upendi over Hakuna as well, actually. Hakuna is, again, iconic, but honestly, i don't even like it that much, at least until the ending when adult Simba is singin' it out. Upendi is a lot of fun, has (yes, I'm hopeless) a great, great bass track. And let's be frank, you're a robot if you don't crack a smile when Rafiki says, "It's a long way down on a lover's leap, but fallings half de fun!" =P
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Simbaholikov » April 5th, 2010, 11:28 am

IMO, the original is superior in all ways :)
Simbaholikov

Postby PrincessKiara » April 5th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Circle of Life vs. He Lives in You:
I love both these songs, but Circle of Life is just EPIC. It’s an amazing song and a fantastic opening to the best movie ever made.

Can't Wait to be King vs. We are One
Ouch, this is a tie for me. Both songs are so amazing, yet very different in style and tempo.

My Lullaby vs. Be Prepared
No contest. Be prepared all the way. I like My Lullaby for the pure insanity and wickedness, but Be Prepared is better, in my opinion. Besides, I prefer Scar/Elephant Graveyard over Zira/Termites.

Hakuna Matata vs. Upendi
I’m not a big fan of Hakuna Matata actually, and I loathe Upendi.. But I choose Hakuna Matata.

Love Will Find a Way vs. Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Both songs are very romantic and beautiful, it’s hard to pick one of these.. But I have to say Love Will Find A Way touches me in a deeper way than CYFTLT does.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to Beyond The Lion King