Is Nuka Scar's son?

Re: Is Nuka Scar's son?

Postby Pixie » August 25th, 2010, 9:22 am

[quote="BlitzRogue"][quote="Kojo"]The gestation period of a lion is 108 days. By your own definition of the LK timeline, Scar could not have possibly thought that he was Kovu's father, if several months to a year passed between Scar's death and the presentation of Kiara/Kopa/Whatever (and I'm not contesting that much). In order for Scar to have assumed he was the father of Zira's litter, she would've had to have been obviously pregnant before he died and would've given birth very soon after his death. This would have put Kovu noticeably older than Kiara, especially if we take Kopa conspiracy theories into account.[/quote]
Yes, well you have to understand that in order for ANYTHING in TLK2 to make even the slightest bit of sense, you have to disregard that timeline set down in the first film. That's my whole point. TLK2 is nothing but one, big plot hole (or dozens of tiny, miniscule plot holes; you decide).

In order for Scar to "know" anything about Kovu, period, you have to assume that he actually went "to the stars" when he died. Those are, as stated in the movie, reserved for Great Kings of the Past. Some like to think that also includes Great Queens of the Past (though that is undetermined as well). But no where does it say that Jealous Brothers of Kings Who Put Their Ambitions Ahead of Their Duties get sent "to the stars" when they die.

So, I mean, in all technicality, it's pretty easy to assume that Scar is gone. He's stuck in limbo. He has no knowledge whatsoever of Kovu, Vitani, Kiara, or anything beyond his time in the Pridelands.

I never claimed that Scar thought he was Kovu's father; only that he, in all likelihood, didn't know that he wasn't. I personally think it's far more likely that he had no idea that Zira mated, against her will or otherwise, with another lion besides himself. This is because (most likely) he was dead long before it could have happened in order for TLK2 to make a lick of sense.

[quote="Kojo"]Scar would've had to have told Zira that the next cub born would be the chosen one, knowing that it wouldn't be his flesh and blood. This wouldn't make sense if he already HAD son in Nuka.[/quote]
Again, TLK2 doesn't make sense.

I generally agree with the "incompetence" theory. Scar and Zira started off raising Nuka as "The Chosen One", but quickly realized he wasn't going to grow up to be what they would expect of an "heir to Scar", so they decided to abandon him and try again. They couldn't very well have expected that Simba was randomly going to come back from the dead and retake the throne, now could they? He probably told her that the next male born would be the heir, thinking that he got her pregnant, when really he didn't.

Eventually another lion (debatable who it actually is; I personally just say it was an unmentioned rogue) came along and actually got her pregnant with Kovu and Vitani. When Kovu popped out, Zira basically said, "Well, he's not actually Scar's, but he is the next male. Guess he's The Chosen One." (you can insert insanity-inspired dialogue in there if you like)

Then it comes back to whether you believe Scar actually got his own star in the sky to determine whether he knows that Kovu is his son or not, or if he even knows who Kovu is.[/quote]

I have another reason for Scar thinking Kovu was his son, and for Nuka acutally being his son....
We all know that Scar resented Mufasa for being king and being the oldest, so, maybe, Scar picked Kovu instead of Nuka because he empathised with Kovu, being the second born. I rekon he wouldnt've cared about Nuka's feelings because he was the first born, and Scar saw disliked him for that reason.
I think it's plausible, and I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that.
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Nadra » August 25th, 2010, 2:44 pm

[quote="Pixielicious"]
I have another reason for Scar thinking Kovu was his son, and for Nuka acutally being his son....
We all know that Scar resented Mufasa for being king and being the oldest, so, maybe, Scar picked Kovu instead of Nuka because he empathised with Kovu, being the second born. I rekon he wouldnt've cared about Nuka's feelings because he was the first born, and Scar saw disliked him for that reason.
I think it's plausible, and I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that.[/quote]
I've been thinking the same. Maybe Scar somehow saw Mufasa in Nuka - okay, that's unlikely. :itchy:
Nadra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby FlamingBee » August 25th, 2010, 5:27 pm

There's someone over on TLKFAA (can't remeber who, but I definetly remember it :S) who was able to write a letter to one of the original Simba's Pride directors, and they asked this very question: Is Nuka the son of Scar? The answer: No, none of her cubs are related to Scar.
Of course, everyone still interprets it as they want, but I thought this might be helpful for people who wanna know an answer from the source (: Does anyone know who that was over on the FAA btw?
FlamingBee
Rawrrr....

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fan Forever! <3

Nickname(s): Bee,Flame
Pride Points: 2

Postby Nadra » August 25th, 2010, 7:24 pm

[quote="FlamingBee"]There's someone over on TLKFAA (can't remeber who, but I definetly remember it :S) who was able to write a letter to one of the original Simba's Pride directors, and they asked this very question: Is Nuka the son of Scar? The answer: No, none of her cubs are related to Scar.
Of course, everyone still interprets it as they want, but I thought this might be helpful for people who wanna know an answer from the source (: Does anyone know who that was over on the FAA btw?[/quote]
That was Capricornfox, I think. I guess it wasn't important to know who Nuka's father was, so the film makers propably didn't even think about it much...
Nadra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 2nd, 2010, 12:09 pm

[quote="Nadra"][quote="Pixielicious"]
I think it's plausible, and I wouldn't put it past him to do something like that.[/quote]
I've been thinking the same. Maybe Scar somehow saw Mufasa in Nuka - okay, that's unlikely. :itchy:[/quote]

lol, I've been thinking that he didn't want his own cubs to be heirs because they would also be related to Mufasa (you know how insane he is), and he didn't like firstborns. Vitani was a girl, so he chose Kovu. So I think that Nuka isn't really Scar's son.. But that's just my theory. ^.^
KopsTheTerminator

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » September 3rd, 2010, 5:49 am

[quote="FlamingBee"]There's someone over on TLKFAA (can't remeber who, but I definetly remember it :S) who was able to write a letter to one of the original Simba's Pride directors, and they asked this very question: Is Nuka the son of Scar? The answer: No, none of her cubs are related to Scar.
Of course, everyone still interprets it as they want, but I thought this might be helpful for people who wanna know an answer from the source (: Does anyone know who that was over on the FAA btw?[/quote]

Well, wow, that's disappointing, it's kind of a slap to the face because of how much Nuka looks like Scar. :nukamisery: :unwilling:
LionKing4EVR96

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby Pixie » October 9th, 2010, 8:44 am

[quote="LionKing4EVR96"][quote="FlamingBee"]There's someone over on TLKFAA (can't remeber who, but I definetly remember it :S) who was able to write a letter to one of the original Simba's Pride directors, and they asked this very question: Is Nuka the son of Scar? The answer: No, none of her cubs are related to Scar.

Well, wow, that's disappointing, it's kind of a slap to the face because of how much Nuka looks like Scar. :nukamisery: :unwilling:[/quote]
Yeh, but you never know.
Pixie
Photographer

Postby TheDoctor » October 10th, 2010, 12:49 pm

[quote="Nadra"]I guess it wasn't important to know who Nuka's father was, so the film makers propably didn't even think about it much...[/quote]
Yeah, just like with Nala. I guess they had other priorities in the films than establishing fathers xP

Myself, I believe that Nuka is Scar's son, regardless of what the scene-checker says :P I haven't got much of a reason for it; I just like the idea.
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Pixie » October 10th, 2010, 2:10 pm

[quote="TheDoctor"][quote="Nadra"]I guess it wasn't important to know who Nuka's father was, so the film makers propably didn't even think about it much...[/quote]
Yeah, just like with Nala. I guess they had other priorities in the films than establishing fathers xP

Myself, I believe that Nuka is Scar's son, regardless of what the scene-checker says :P I haven't got much of a reason for it; I just like the idea.[/quote]
That's pretty much how I feel too.
Pixie
Photographer

Postby SuperBabySimba » October 12th, 2010, 12:06 am

I always thought Nuka was implied to be Scar's son. Because right after he says "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father. He just took him in." he continues his complaint by saying "I could be the chosen one. I'm the olderst, the strongest, the wisest. I could be the leader if she just gave me a chance." I think that implies that all the cubs except Kovu, were Scar's offspring and Nuka was the oldest (and in his own opinion strongest and wisest) of them. He makes a point that Kovu is not worth a darn because he's not even related to the former king.

Also, I don't know why would Nuka think that with Scar having "hand-chosen Kovu", Zira could give him instead, a chance to become the king if he had no relation to Scar what-so-ever? But if he was Scar's son, he could imagine Zira dismissing Scar's choice and letting his son try first.
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King