your fan theories about Kopa and Mheetu

your fan theories about Kopa and Mheetu

Postby thanigraphics » December 21st, 2009, 9:18 pm

Kopa wasn't in the movies, Mheetu neither. They still are very well-known amongst TLK fans. There are many theories about them.
What I want to know, is NOT what Disney did to them, but what is your personal theory? It can be totally fictional :D
Like having Kopa and Vitani beeing a couple, Kopa beeing killed, Mheetu beeing banished and what so ever :p
Those are fan theories.
So what's your personal fan theory about them? What happened to them? Did they die, did they grow up, did they find a mate, start a pride? What do you think? And, even more interesting, what do you believe?
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: your fan theories about Kopa and Mheetu

Postby Simba93 » December 21st, 2009, 10:47 pm

I think that Kopa WAS seen at the end of the first part of TLK. Mheetu was never really see.
But I think that Kopa was killed by Zira. But I don't know what happened to Mheetu ... Maybe he has started his own life, or he is dead.
But i have heard that Mheetu was killed by Scar... :(
Simba93

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are strong, we are proud, we are one.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Thani » December 23rd, 2009, 8:43 pm

Hmmmmmn, now let the imagining commence... *Tadaaaa* :D

Like I mentioned before in Fishie11's 'Why have the Outsiders been banned?' topic, page two, on the TLK-2SP discussion board;
Regarding Kopa he might have survived the Crocodile invested river, tumbling into the water, whilst exploring the far corners of the kingdom, due to his everlasting curiousity. And because of the croc-incident he was severely handicapped, just able to survive on his own, until he and Mheetu took over a pride of their own, where Mheetu provided the strength, and Kopa the brainpower of the duo.

Also as I already envisioned in my above-mentioned reply to Fishie11's topic: I highly doubt Zira was the one who'd mauled Kopa. Why? Well we all are witnesses to the given fact that both cub Kovu ánd Kiara went through that same river being attacked by a bunch of hungry crocodiles themselves.
I feel this might have been a silent testemony to what could have happened to Kopa earlier on in the TLK Universe's timeline.

Yet obviously the royal family labels Zira as a scapegoat to blame, due to her close ties with Scar and his former regime.. Also the alledged kidnapping of Shetani (who is later on whilst producing TLK-2 renamed Vitani, yet a glitch in the final recording resulted in Nala calling Vitani by her original name: Shetani (meaning Devil!) just before the two were locked in combat, as Vitani jumped from a rock onto the surprised yet skillfull Nala below.

This glitch clearly left open a wide variety of fanfictions and fanart being produced about this seemingly missing link even up to voices talking about Shetani/Vitani being Nala's younger distant relative incase Shetani/Vitani truly was conceived by Scar. Scar already could have been a potential rival to Mufasa's rule, since he defied his brown maned brother. eventually leading up to actually killing his own brother in the Stampede scene.

An instinct-driven plot would be possible because it isn't solemnly the dominant male who gets to do all the mating, often the comradery between males who recently had taken over a pride, or leading them for several seasons - More often then not tends to changing from friendly into sheer rivalry when it comes to lionesses filling the males' minds.. Ending up in both or all males involved in the mating rituals.

Sometimes it's never clearly known who'se the real father of any given lion cub. The mating normally takes up to four days and nights in a row, but can be disrupted if any potential rival appears on the scene. In the end, not the lions, but the lionesses decide whom they wanted to mate with.

With this in mind, I do not think of Vitani being in love with Kopa, not unless it's another plot made up by the ever vengefull Zira, who just waited to get a chance at speeding up Simba's demise. I don't think that a cub Kopa was portrayed as, would match the personality Vitani had in her cubhood, or even in her elderly years as seen in the movie. I also doubt that Vitani later on dissappeared from the Pridelands to go out and search for Kopa, as lionesses usually prefer the safety of an established pride over wandering around on their own.

Young lions can play toegether with one another, but unlike humans, they don't have the emotions humans tend to have when it comes to actually loving one another, over instinctively trying to survive together.

Now as for Mheetu, I'll also stick to the idea he was attacked by Scar's minions, but in my opinion he could barely kill one of his pursueing assasins, before he could manage to escape. Remember, a cat in danger can perform some rare tricks to escape!

Now I foresee the Hyena trio as the shocktroops Scar employs to his more sinister deeds, whilst the greater amount of the Hyena's were just surpressing the Pridelanders stealing kills, and that the Outlanders to be, kept the Hyena's at bay whilst tugging dinner into Scar's cave enjoying the left overs after their king was done eating. The Outlanders were also being around fending off any eventual uprising directed against king Scar, and especially being protective of Queen Zira whom the Outlanders pledged their loyalty to.. Whereas it is clear to see that the Hyena's stick to Scar's policies.

Mheetu on the other hand, might have lived to see his own cubs being born, in a neighbouring pride where he'd managed to take over with the help of fellow rogues - Just like most matured male lions tend to do, when they're expelled from their native prides. And plotwise, it is more interesting if both Mheetu and Kopa survived their ordeals, perhaps to one day meet up together settling down as both males were guaranteed to have been cared for by their loyal lionesses in their own pride.

So that's my little addition to the matter. I hope this satisfies your needs for different opinions regarding your question TG! * Goes hugging the crap out of his mate TG* :P
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani

Postby LadyAnette » January 1st, 2010, 12:26 pm

Kopa: I belive that Zira must have killed him...as many other fans do. I mean..it MIGHT be true, but the comics never stated that he died. (Probably because Disney didn't want any violence or upset children reading them.) Even so, Kopa WAS real. If he was in the comics, he must have existed. The comics mostly focus on imbetween stories like Mufasa and Taka or the Kopa series. So if you think about it, Kopa REALLY did live. But no one really knows if he survied or not. He could have just run off for all we know! I still think that Zira killed him...probably the only explanation I can give for the whole 'banishing' thing.

Mheetu: Not much to say here about Mheetu. I belive that he was just a concept for The Lion King. Mheetu was never mentioned in any comics if I remember correctly...probably stating that he did not exist in The Lion King Relm but was mearly a concept for a character in Disney. But that does not make him part of fan-fictions or fan-arts...

Those are just my opinions of course. :)
LadyAnette

Postby KopsTheTerminator » January 1st, 2010, 12:35 pm

[quote="LadyAnette"]Kopa: I belive that Zira must have killed him...as many other fans do. I mean..it MIGHT be true, but the comics never stated that he died. (Probably because Disney didn't want any violence or upset children reading them.) Even so, Kopa WAS real. If he was in the comics, he must have existed. The comics mostly focus on imbetween stories like Mufasa and Taka or the Kopa series. So if you think about it, Kopa REALLY did live. But no one really knows if he survied or not. He could have just run off for all we know! I still think that Zira killed him...probably the only explanation I can give for the whole 'banishing' thing.[/quote]

He's from the books, not from the comics. LOL

Well, about Kopa, I think he was forced to run away just like Simba, and he came back in an awful condition as an adult and became jealous of Kovu and Kiara like Scar. (he also has scar on the eye like Scar's to me)

About Mheetu, well, I think he left to start his own pride, just like Kati-Kopa's theory on TLKFAA.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby LadyAnette » January 1st, 2010, 12:37 pm

Well..I suppose you can say comics ARE books..

Hmm what pride would Mheetu be in then? :/ Surely Nala would have found out eventually?
LadyAnette

Postby Neon » January 1st, 2010, 2:36 pm

To me Mheetu I believed got killed by Scar
Kopa probably got abducted by aliens and choked on alien zebra.
Spoiler: show
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

Postby Nadra » January 1st, 2010, 8:08 pm

Mheetu - I believe he was born after Mufasa's death, and his father was a rogue. Sarafina promised that if Scar let Mheetu live, he would have Nala as his mate. Nala, of course, ran away... and young Mheetu had to escape. Some young lionesses, for example Tama and Kula, followed him. They stayed near the Pride Lands and sometimes came to see the Pridelanders. In my theory, Mheetu had cubs with Tama.

Kopa - I'm not sure, what happened to him. Not yet... But I'm making a comic about it. I think that if he survived, he had cubs with Vitani. If he didn't survive - well, I don't think that Zira would've killed him. Simba was ready to make peace with her and put the past behind... Also, in my theory, Kopa and Vitani were betrothed - Vitani was going to be queen. I don't think Zira would've wanted to ruin it. I think I'll have to work on my theory... :P
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby thelionpride556 » January 8th, 2010, 12:04 am

Kopa: I think Zira DID get him, but he survived and ran away. He then returned after TLK2! 8-)

Mheetu: I think Scar killed him because he wanted a girl cub or something. :ehh2:
thelionpride556

-----/\-----\o/----

Postby KiarasMate » January 8th, 2010, 2:04 am

My views on what happened to Kopa are explained in my first fan fic. ^^ I really do believe that Kopa was the cub shown at the end of TLK1 and that Zira was responsible for his disappearance. Now, if she actually killed him, that's debateable to me but like I said, if you truly want to know what I think happened to Kopa, read my first fan fic. ^^

As for Mheetu, I don't really have any theories, as I don't know that character well enough. lol. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King