It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Panpardus » April 5th, 2017, 8:29 pm

True; I'd object for plot reasons. It would be cool if they went more into Simba's time with Timon and Pumbaa and possibly introduce more lion characters for him to encounter during that time, though.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 5th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Making Simba gay would make no sense.

They only made lefou gay in the batb remake because it doesn't matter much to the overall plot if he likes chicks or dudes.

Making Simba gay would mean almost completely changing the second half of the movie. I doubt they will make timon and pumbaa gay either. They're more like best bros. They've never really focused on romance for either two characters (outside of one throwaway joke for timon in tlk1.5) because it's unimportant to the overall story they are trying to tell.

And apparently the lefou thing is overhyped to the point of "you blink you miss it"
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Alexterri1 » April 7th, 2017, 12:15 am

So, when I first heard this was happening, I was a bit hopeful and didn't have much time to think it over.

But now that I've had time to think about it, I really don't see what this remake is going to bring in the positive side of things? There's a lot of hypothetical problems you could talk about, but the biggest one for me is: why is this even being made?

You know, besides the obvious reason.

*cue Money by Pink Floyd*

Ok ok, in all seriousness, I really don't see why this even needs to be made besides the abovementioned obvious reason*. the Lion king is already a classic, so what's the point of remaking it? The Jungle Book remake worked, but The Jungle Book is a much less solid movie then The Lion King, and the remake was actually kind of an improvement. But The Lion King is already considered a masterpiece, so I just don't see how this remake is going to bring anything new to the table.

I really don't want to be cynical, but I don't have my hopes up incredibly high tbh

*And even in that case, I really don't think a photorealistic CGI remake of another movie is any cheaper then just making a new animated movie? If anything, the former to would be MORE expensive, because photorealistic CGI is probably not cheap. But meh, whatever
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Elton John » April 7th, 2017, 8:50 am

Neither are cheap.

But i'm guessing photorealistic cgi would bring in a lot more box office revenue over the pixar/modern disney cgi look.

And i'd rather they go for a more realistic look over the pixar look. The designs for the jungle book remake were really bloody good.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 7th, 2017, 2:12 pm

[quote="Alexterri1"]So, when I first heard this was happening, I was a bit hopeful and didn't have much time to think it over.

But now that I've had time to think about it, I really don't see what this remake is going to bring in the positive side of things? There's a lot of hypothetical problems you could talk about, but the biggest one for me is: why is this even being made?

Ok ok, in all seriousness, I really don't see why this even needs to be made besides the abovementioned obvious reason*. the Lion king is already a classic, so what's the point of remaking it? The Jungle Book remake worked, but The Jungle Book is a much less solid movie then The Lion King, and the remake was actually kind of an improvement. But The Lion King is already considered a masterpiece, so I just don't see how this remake is going to bring anything new to the table.

I really don't want to be cynical, but I don't have my hopes up incredibly high tbh

*And even in that case, I really don't think a photorealistic CGI remake of another movie is any cheaper then just making a new animated movie? If anything, the former to would be MORE expensive, because photorealistic CGI is probably not cheap. But meh, whatever[/quote]

its all about out with the ld and in with the new, Lion King is already becoming old news, cartoon animation is becoming history in movies, so its time to give thes movies a makeover, I know change is hard,
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Alexterri1 » April 7th, 2017, 7:33 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="Alexterri1"]So, when I first heard this was happening, I was a bit hopeful and didn't have much time to think it over.

*And even in that case, I really don't think a photorealistic CGI remake of another movie is any cheaper then just making a new animated movie? If anything, the former to would be MORE expensive, because photorealistic CGI is probably not cheap. But meh, whatever[/quote]

its all about out with the ld and in with the new, Lion King is already becoming old news, cartoon animation is becoming history in movies, so its time to give thes movies a makeover, I know change is hard,[/quote]
Yeah but is it really necessary to remake it?

I dunno, maybe the remake will be really good. The fact that JEJ is voicing Mufasa again is great
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Postby Elton John » April 7th, 2017, 7:54 pm

No, it isn't necessary. The original wasn't necessary either but we still love it don't we?

I don't know who directed beauty and the beast, but I do know who jon favreau is. He's a quality director who knows what he is doing. I mean he directed Iron Man 1, which not only is considered to be one of the best marvel movies but made robert downey jr go from a has-been actor back to an a-lister.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Alexterri1 » April 8th, 2017, 12:11 am

[quote="Elton John"]No, it isn't necessary. The original wasn't necessary either but we still love it don't we?

I don't know who directed beauty and the beast, but I do know who jon favreau is. He's a quality director who knows what he is doing. I mean he directed Iron Man 1, which not only is considered to be one of the best marvel movies but made robert downey jr go from a has-been actor back to an a-lister.[/quote]
Yeah, Jon Favreau is a pretty good director. I like Iron Man and The Jungle Book remake a lot

One thing I didn't like about The Jungle Book though, were a the songs. I really hope if they remake the songs in the TLK remake, they handle it better then it was on The Jungle Book
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Postby Elton John » April 8th, 2017, 12:55 pm

There's a fake poster of Scar going around.

Do not be fooled!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Squeely » April 9th, 2017, 8:11 am

[quote="Nilla"]Thanks for the link! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Also, has anyone seen the Beauty and the Beast remake? This obviously isn't a discussion thread for that, but I think recent remakes are a good indication of the type of quality we'll get for The Lion King. I really liked Beauty and the Beast, and thought the new stuff they added were nice additions.[/quote]
I finally saw it, and thought it was really good! Between that and Jungle Book, my hopes for the TLK remake are high :D
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)