Tony Bancroft (Pumbaa's animator) is drawing my OC for me.

Tony Bancroft (Pumbaa's animator) is drawing my OC for me.

Postby Rollo » August 12th, 2016, 11:17 am

Deleted post.
Last edited by Rollo on March 22nd, 2017, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Re: Tony Bancroft (Pumbaa's animator) is drawing my OC for m

Postby MooLion » September 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm

That's great! Somebody I know got a pic done by him I think several years back. I'd be very interested to see it. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Rollo » September 2nd, 2016, 3:44 pm

MooLion wrote:That's great! Somebody I know got a pic done by him I think several years back. I'd be very interested to see it. :)

That's neat! Can you remember what they commissioned from him? Was it TLK-related?

I'm still awaiting the final product, but managing to remain patient :P I'm not really sure where I am on his list so he may have a few people ahead of me. I'll post it here for you when I receive it!
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Timon the great » November 21st, 2016, 6:24 am

So where's the result? Image

That's nice to read that you got in contact with this guy who worked on Pumbaa. Last year, I talked to his brother Tom Bancroft on deviantart (http://tombancroft.deviantart.com), because I had only found out then that he had worked on an art storybook for LK 1 1/2. So I asked him about it since he's got an account on there.

About commissioning, I guess you must've spent a "fortune" on paying Tony to work on your character.

But I must say though, there's a good deal of artists out there (and some I've already come up to in my 1.5 years as a commissioner now), who ought to be working in Disney today because they do such a very good job in emulating the drawing style of the film characters like my fave Timon. When it comes to him or his type of characters, I have to find "different" artists because the ones who pretty much only draw LK lion characters don't have the same kind of skill to draw meerkat ones as they do with the lions. Since the anatomy like Timon's, is much more human like. And these kind of artists have to visually reference him a lot.

Anyway, 'hope the result of your character is the way you wanted him/her to appear on your commission. Show us the results if you can, as I'm also interested in seeing. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.

- If you were to die today, where will you spend eternity?
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 21

Postby zerodix » November 25th, 2016, 5:19 pm

to be honest, i think the topic starter lied.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby Timon the great » November 25th, 2016, 9:37 pm

^ I don't think that is necessarily true based also on my commissioning experiences.

In fact, commissions from popular/professional artists can sometimes take weeks, months, or even years to complete because of waiting lists, commercial projects, circumstances, etc. But taking years is usually pretty rare unless it's a huge project. But it has happened to me already once in one Timon commission piece on dA that took over a year for the artist to eventually flat color it for me 2 months ago.

Not only that, if the Bancrofts aren't working with Disney anymore now as I believe this is so, then that would also add legitimacy to a commission like this. Since they would have the time to take on commission requests as I have also seen other professional artists who have worked in other studios before, do. The fact also that Tom Bancroft has an active deviantart account leads credence to this as well.

There's also the price. I'm pretty sure Rollo did spend a lot of money for this (at least over $100) to see something like this done from an artist like Tony, as artists like him usually do charge a hefty amount for their time and service on this. And especially if the member did want to see a complete commission piece of his character from sketch to fully colored.

Keep in mind though, that I'm not completely discounting what you wrote above my post here. Seeing that this topic is 3 months old, and the OP hasn't logged back on here in 3 weeks now.

It could also simply be that he didn't like how the results of his character were turning out. But we'll just have to wait and see if/when he comes back on here.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.

- If you were to die today, where will you spend eternity?
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Timon L. Berkowitz

Return to Beyond The Lion King