How to identify a baby cub's gender?

Re: How to identify a baby cub's gender?

Postby FlipMode » October 20th, 2010, 9:01 pm

^ Summed it up quite well. Further, that's probably their reasoning for not really explaining the cub's gender at the end of TLK :]
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Pixie » October 27th, 2010, 4:30 am

I've just always thought that the cub at the end was male. Not sure why. And I dont wan't to get all up in your grill but "Fluffy" looks nothing like Kiara. I know they're supposed to be the same cub, but come on, they're clearly different designs. I wish the animators did that better.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby SuperBabySimba » October 27th, 2010, 12:19 pm

[quote="Pixielicious"]I've just always thought that the cub at the end was male. Not sure why. And I dont wan't to get all up in your grill but "Fluffy" looks nothing like Kiara. I know they're supposed to be the same cub, but come on, they're clearly different designs. I wish the animators did that better.[/quote]

I wish so too, but officially it still is the same cub. The difference in the design and ceremony is a remake at the best. Nothing more or less.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby theLioness » October 28th, 2010, 11:24 pm

[quote="cubbykovu"]I totally agree with everyone

I think it all depends if you class the storybooks as valid additions to the universe of TLK or not if you do then the cub is obviously Kopa if you don't then it is obviously Kiara[/quote]
This is a very good point. If the creators came out and said definitely that the cub was Kopa, fans that believe it's Kiara would throw a fit. Then if they said it was definitely Kiara, Kopa fans would be upset. I guess everyone wins when the cub is presented as "Fluffy", a to-be-continued placeholder cub :)
I always click on adoptables! Please take a few seconds for Sarabi and find the rest of the family HERE!
theLioness

Nickname(s): Johnny

Postby SuperBabySimba » October 29th, 2010, 4:09 pm

[quote="theLioness"][quote="cubbykovu"]I totally agree with everyone

But I think it all depends if you class the storybooks as valid additions to the universe of TLK or not if you do then the cub is obviously Kopa if you don't then it is obviously Kiara[/quote]
This is a very good point. If the creators came out and said definitely that the cub was Kopa, fans that believe it's Kiara would throw a fit. Then if they said it was definitely Kiara, Kopa fans would be upset. I guess everyone wins when the cub is presented as "Fluffy", a to-be-continued placeholder cub :)[/quote]

Yeah, it's great that in the canon it's left up to the fans who it is if ignored the official sequel.

I personally don't believe Disney will officially turn the cub into anyone but Kiara, as in give Kiara any siblings. As they didn't refer to any in Kiara's film and it's been almost 13 years since Kiara's creation while all they cared about even some five years afterwards was a parody of the first film. And on the official site they even state that TLK2 is the final volume of The Lion King. Disney seems to have lost its interest in developing the TLK movie universe.

Though, of course come new generations they could change their mind, but seeing to the not so great feedback on TLK2 and TLK1½ I doubt the interest is likely to come back. Or if it is, unless the Company's generation's attitude drastically changes, they won't use any fan made characters (like Kopa) but create all the characters themselves. And if they're wise they'd come up with something completely new instead of yet another story about a new cub. I personally think they'd been wise to create their official vision of Scar and Mufasa's youth if anything. But I hope that happens only if the first film's makers were the ones. I'm only interested in the canon vision of those two characters and that we won't have without the first film's makers being the production team.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby lionkingfreak » April 24th, 2011, 11:43 pm

:D :D :D :lol: :lol:

males :
. chest not connecting.

females :
. chest connecting ! if you look closely , the cub in the end of tlk , it's chest conects , meaning it's female !
#1 anti kopa fan ! Anti-Kopa Stamp
lionkingfreak

this far in proving kopa's not real !

Nickname(s): tlkgirl98 rachel
Pride Points: -13

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 26th, 2011, 12:18 pm

^ You can't know that for sure. The cub's head is EXACTLY where the chest would be connected. I think they did that on purpose. http://images4.fanpop.com/image/article ... 1294073137
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King