Nala's Father

Re: Nala's Father

Postby TheIvanMuse » October 10th, 2011, 2:38 pm

[quote="KentuckyWildcat"]The thought just occured to me that maybe Scar was originally assumed to be Nala's father during production since he was originally meant to be a rogue as explained in this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwlwYJFCxs&feature=related

Once he was changed to being Mufasa's brother, he couldn't officially be her father to avoid the overtones of incest, but creating a needless character just to be Nala's father probably wasn't on the agenda. I guess Nala's exact heritage is up to our imagination.[/quote]
Yeah,I agree, because it's only logical. Look at it this way, since there are the main characters in question here,any sort of connection or family relation that might have been between them would have been mentioned in the movie and would have influenced the story line in a way that would make it different from the one we know. Since such a relation isn't present,it's up to us to imagine who her father might be,but it's definitely not someone from the original characters. This isn't an uncommon practice regarding characters in movies...

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby TheLionPrince » October 12th, 2011, 4:39 am

[quote="KentuckyWildcat"]The thought just occured to me that maybe Scar was originally assumed to be Nala's father during production since he was originally meant to be a rogue as explained in this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwlwYJFCxs&feature=related

Once he was changed to being Mufasa's brother, he couldn't officially be her father to avoid the overtones of incest, but creating a needless character just to be Nala's father probably wasn't on the agenda. I guess Nala's exact heritage is up to our imagination.[/quote]

I don't think Scar, written as a rogue lion in the early scripts, has any indication that he was originally considered to be Nala's father. Whenever an animal (espesically a lion) is a rogue, it has no connection within any group of similiar animals, other than their family that they long abadoned. Plus, in the early scripts, Scar has his own pride of jackals, I believe, before it was tossed out in favor of hyenas so, he would (and should) be with Mufasa's pride if rogue Scar was the father.

But, your last statement is true, and will always be left to viewers's perspective unless Disney announces they'll produce a prequel film.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SweetNala » October 16th, 2011, 2:12 pm

I think it's Ni
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby SimbasGuard » October 17th, 2011, 6:15 am

That is an increasingly popular theory, but Ni is far to young to be Nala's Father. He is only a teen Lion when he first meets Nala, and when Nala introduces him to Sarafina they had never met each other before.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Blaze » November 5th, 2011, 12:03 am

I suppose scar is logically going to be assumed as Nalas father because he's the only.male in the pride other than Mufasa. It depends whether you think Scar was adopted or is Mufasa's birth brother. If you do not believe he was adopted then there's nothing really wrong with Simba and Nala being together since they aren't related technically. Scar does call Mufasa his big-brother at one point so maybe he was adopted

But since scar seems to carry the colours of both Ahadi and Uru, I don't think he was adopted. Personally. I think Disney got into a mess with the whole Scar being Nalas father thing and then it got worse in TLK2 because kovu looks like scar.

I think unless another film is made- its up to us.I think her father is a rogue male.
Blaze
kovu is king of the pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Miharuka » November 5th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Nala looks NOTHING like Scar or Mufasa.
So I'm pretty sure they aren't the father.
It could be just another lion, right?
Maybe it was a lion her mother met somewhere else or something.
I don't like to think that Simba and Nala are cousins or step-siblings.. xD Children watch this movie, lol.
Miharuka
Look at the TIME !!

Time for pizzer.

Nickname(s): Miha, Little POOTIS
Pride Points: 59

Postby SimbasGuard » November 6th, 2011, 3:40 am

[quote="Phantomhive"]Nala looks NOTHING like Scar or Mufasa.
So I'm pretty sure they aren't the father.
It could be just another lion, right?
Maybe it was a lion her mother met somewhere else or something.[/quote]

Exactly, just because Mufasa and Scar are the only males in the pride it doesn't make them the only males in Africa.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Final Nail In The Coffin?

Postby Noah » December 12th, 2011, 12:29 am

I just finished doing some research as a response to some information that SillyDog brought to my attention. I found some interesting information on Nala's heritage.

The Los Angeles Times reported back in 1994 that Nala was the "future queen"

[quote="The June 12, 1994 edition of The Los Angeles Times"]The version of John singing the romantic ballad "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"--which in the film accompanies the blossoming love between the lion Simba and his childhood pal/future queen Nala--is at No. 18 on the Billboard pop singles chart, and the soundtrack album debuted at No. 13.[/quote]

This means she only becomes Queen once Simba married her. Cape Cod Online reported the exact same thing eleven years later when it wrote an article on the Broadway show.

[quote="The October 24, 2005 edition of Cape Code Online"]After a life on the run, Simba reunites with his childhood friend and future queen Nala (Adrienne Muller as the adult, Nadia Danielle Ross and Alexandra Nicole Waye as the cub) returns to claim his rightful place as king of Pride Rock.[/quote]

This makes me think that Mufasa can't be her father as she would have been the Queen as soon as she was born.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby WindAnnWise » December 14th, 2011, 4:02 pm

I'm going with the rouge theory. It weirds me out to think Simba and Nala are related.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Kina » December 17th, 2011, 1:26 am

Both because there is no canonically spoken father - one that is confirmed, and not just a storyboarder's offhand response - I also go with the rogue. Mainly because it (1) prevents incest, and (2) the lions in the LK universe don't seem to follow traditional rules, and act more like doves when it comes to mating.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King