Real-Life Zira!

Re: Real-Life Zira!

Postby TheLionPrince » December 14th, 2011, 5:54 am

Interesting! The lioness has eyes similiar to Zira's, and has a notch in her ear. Thanks for sharing, Akril!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » December 14th, 2011, 5:57 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Interesting! The lioness has eyes similiar to Zira's, and has a notch in her ear. Thanks for sharing, Akril![/quote]

To top it off, it might just be a scar (by the looks of it), but this lioness also has the darker stripe on top of her head, just like Zira does!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » December 14th, 2011, 6:03 am

[quote="DGFone"][quote="TheLionPrince"]Interesting! The lioness has eyes similiar to Zira's, and has a notch in her ear. Thanks for sharing, Akril![/quote]

To top it off, it might just be a scar (by the looks of it), but this lioness also has the darker stripe on top of her head, just like Zira does![/quote]

You're right! There is a visible dark stripe on the lioness's head. I didn't notice that the first time!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Akril » December 14th, 2011, 7:25 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="DGFone"][quote="TheLionPrince"]Interesting! The lioness has eyes similiar to Zira's, and has a notch in her ear. Thanks for sharing, Akril![/quote]

To top it off, it might just be a scar (by the looks of it), but this lioness also has the darker stripe on top of her head, just like Zira does![/quote]

You're right! There is a visible dark stripe on the lioness's head. I didn't notice that the first time![/quote]

The stripe isn't that noticeable, but I think it's there. I think nearly all real-life lionesses have stripes like Zira's, though, so it isn't too surprising.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby WindAnnWise » December 14th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Wow, that's an amazing resemblance!
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Kina » December 17th, 2011, 1:33 am

That is definitely an interesting find - thanks, Akril!
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby Akril » December 17th, 2011, 7:47 am

You're very welcome, everybody!

I think what really gives this lioness a Zira-like appearance (beside the obvious notch) is how incredibly thin she is. Real lions and lionesses usually aren't this skinny, and I was surprised to find one this gaunt.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby CanyonFox » December 24th, 2011, 1:53 am

Haha, nice! That looks just like her, with the little chin tufts and chip on her ear. So cool. :D
"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."
CanyonFox
Simba Enthusiast

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You gotta put your past behind you.

Pride Points: 3

Postby Ozy » December 24th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Ffffft I thought it was gonna be a pic of a human that looked like Zira. -That- would have been terrifying.
That lioness does really look like her though haha what if the Lion King story is being played out on the African savannah IRL?

WHAT IF.

-BRRRRRMMM BRRRRRRMMMMM-

http://artofkellyjohnson.storenvy.com/
Instagram @artofkellyjohnson
Ozy
Ya like jazz?

I need you to let me touch it

Nickname(s): KJ
Pride Points: 26

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King