The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (no, NOT the movie...)

The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (no, NOT the movie...)

Postby Akril » October 29th, 2009, 4:14 am

Lil_Cheetah over at TLKFAA posted some scans of TLK stories from a magazine called "The Lion King: A Nature Fun and Learn Series" a while ago, which got surprisingly little attention, so I thought I'd post a link to them here.

The stories take place during Simba's time in the jungle with Timon and Pumbaa, both while is a cub and while he is an adult. The stories also include many new characters of several different species, including meekats, warthogs, gorillas, African wild dogs, and what I swear looks like Scar's leopard counterpart.

The scan quality isn't that good, and to be honest, I haven't taken the time to read most of the stories, but they certainly look like they're worth checking out.

Enjoy!

I know I'm definitely going to draw One-Eye when I have the time...
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Re: The Lion King: Hakuna Matata (no, NOT the movie...)

Postby thanigraphics » October 29th, 2009, 7:26 am

This sure IS a very unknown story, thanks a lot for posting it! I never seen any of those warthog friends of Pumbaa, and Timons buddy neither.... I think a lot of people haven't ever read this, they'll sure be glad you putted it on here! I gotta work now, this afternoon I am going to read the whole thing! Thankies! :D
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby daantje » October 29th, 2009, 6:54 pm

woooo :o that are a lot of images! I have never seen them but they are so cool!!!!!!
I never seen Pumbaas girlfriend. The other warthogs doesn't seem to be nice :( poor Pumbaa.
And Timon has a girl friend how sweet! I was lazy so I don't know what is up with the other meerkats. Yeah and thanks for posting this I heard of it from my friend Thanigraphics she was like NEW STORY NEW STORY!!
are that hyena dogs in one of the last stories? I really like their designs they could so fit in to the movies too 8-)
ImageImageImage
daantje

kiara ^-^

Pride Points: 0

Postby Nadra » October 29th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Oh my, that female meerkat looks exactly how I thought Timon's girlfriend would look like! I must read those stories when I have time... Thanks for the link! :D
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby Akril » October 30th, 2009, 12:11 am

[quote="daantje"]And Timon has a girl friend how sweet! I was lazy so I don't know what is up with the other meerkats. Yeah and thanks for posting this I heard of it from my friend Thanigraphics she was like NEW STORY NEW STORY!!
are that hyena dogs in one of the last stories? I really like their designs they could so fit in to the movies too 8-)[/quote]
Actually, Timon had a couple of other girlfriends, one from the Timon and Pumbaa show, one from a German TLK comic (according to this picture by Tima).

And those are African hunting dogs (also known as African wild dogs or Cape hunting dogs). A pack of them were originally meant to be in TLK (also as villains), but never made it past the concept art stage.

It's great to see them in a finished piece of TLK-related media (even if their real life counterparts are much more colorful); they are really beautiful animals.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby thanigraphics » October 30th, 2009, 12:40 am

It sure was a great thing to read, I read it this afternoon and it was AWESOME. I really enjoyed the style, the characters were very well-designed, I liked the pack of African Wild Dogs. The other warthogs and meerkats were very unique and well-designed too. They should have made an animated series about this book, instead of the stuff on TV with humans involved. The only sad thing is that there were no other lion characters in the book.

Also, I saw a cheetah/leopard/panther hiding in the bushes in that gorilla story. Could that have been Swifty? Because both Simba and that leopard-creature are adult, and it's way too old to be Beba, the cheetah friend of Kopa (Simba's son)
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 30th, 2009, 1:22 am

Oooooh Very nice xD i love it.....
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby thanigraphics » October 30th, 2009, 1:37 am

Me too! This sure is very unknown material, because I've never seen those characters in fan art before. I mean, Tojo, Ni, King Joe and the TLK6NA characters appear in many fan arts. I think this topic will be HOT when more members find out!
ImageImageImage
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby Akril » October 30th, 2009, 6:32 am

Thanks, everyone!

[quote="thanigraphics"]Also, I saw a cheetah/leopard/panther hiding in the bushes in that gorilla story. Could that have been Swifty? Because both Simba and that leopard-creature are adult, and it's way too old to be Beba, the cheetah friend of Kopa (Simba's son)[/quote]
The text says that that cat is a leopard (definitely not the same one as One-Eye from "Monkey Mountain", since One-Eye has black spots rather than brown, and has...well, one eye).
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby CommandoTheLion » November 12th, 2009, 5:31 pm

no proplem its alot of pics though....
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King