The final scene.

Re: The final scene.

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 14th, 2023, 10:09 pm

Okay.

Anyways, thanks for being patient with me. I’m sorry if I was kind of rude.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 16th, 2023, 7:59 am

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]Never mind then. Just forget you've read any of that and don't let it bother you. No point in getting worked out over something so trivial. I'm not trying to be rude either but I think that once a conversation hits a wall, the best thing one can do is to backtrack away from it and move on to something else.[/quote]

I agree, it’s probably for the best if I just forget about your last two posts. But (and please don’t take this the wrong way) I would still really like to hear your thoughts on what I initially said, it would mean a lot to me, especially since that way I’ll know you were definitely listening. Here, I’ll reiterate it. (Including what you said that preceded it.)

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]I wonder if that's because those are human associated activities, and they get Simba acting in ways which closely resemble human like mannerisms, making him more relatable and interesting at the same time because naturally, lions aren't supposed to engage in such behaviors. He certainly looks more "anthropomorphized" during these scenes.[/quote]

I know, and I really love seeing him like that. And that’s mainly why I also really like the idea of Mufasa occasionally doing these activities, both cause I think he would look great doing them and to show they’re not “bad” if done in moderation. And it wouldn’t really be completely unbelievable, since similar to Timon with Simba, Mufasa has a two-legged friend with Rafiki. Heck, two, since he also has Zazu.[/quote][/quote]

I agree with the basic premise of what you said and I sincerely don't know how to further expand on it beyond everything that was already mentioned. They probably wanted to portray Mufasa as the more stoic and mature of the two, so they wouldn't come across as too similar personality wise, hence why he isn't shown engaging in those types of uncharacteristic, laid-back endeavors. Would have been memorable and endearing if they had done so though.

On a different note, it seems that no one else will be joining us to participate in these threads anytime soon, despite my best hopes. I think I'll go look around the interwebs for another Lion King themed community forum or something of that nature, which actually has more than just a couple active users posting two or tree times a day at most, because the environment here has grown too dreary and awkward for me to bear in all honesty. I'll let you know if I find a worthwhile alternative to this desolate place.[/quote]

Oh, I sent you a message, too, did you see get it?
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 17th, 2023, 3:51 am

I know you said you were taking a break though, hope it doesn’t mean you’ve completely left yet.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 20th, 2023, 9:34 am

Where are you? I’ve been waiting all week for you to respond to the message I sent you. :(
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 22nd, 2023, 8:35 am

I really hope you didn’t just pretend to be my friend. :(
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 22nd, 2023, 8:44 am

[quote="CEVRAM"]I particularly enjoyed the scene where Simba and Timon held the snail eating contest. They made him far more "humanized" in it than how he's usually portrayed like throughout the franchise, unlike Scar or Zira, who were regularly depicted showing a significant degree of anthropomorphism when on screen.[/quote]

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"] Well, we were talking about Simba engaging in unusual activities for a lion and acting in a human like manner. In the scene I've mentioned, he did just that.[/quote]

I still don’t understand what you mean by any of this because you never explained, and now that you’ve just stopped talking to me, I’m really worried that maybe you just said it all to troll me. I‘m sure that’s not true at all, but the fact that you aren’t responding even though it shows you’ve still been on the site is starting to freak me out.

EDIT: Okay, I know now that you were just busy. I’m really sorry about all that.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » September 23rd, 2023, 4:32 am

[quote="CEVRAM"]
Looks like a battleship idling among runaway speedboats in that screengrab. But on a more serious note, I enjoyed this scene as well on a thorough level. Having a glimpse of Simba returning to his youthful carefree endeavors with the two characters who helped raise him after he had already taken his rightful place as king was a nice way to end the film, since going by the original release, you'd expect him to be done with such activities once he finally embraced the role which he was destined to fulfill.[/quote]

Just curious, you’re not saying those activities are bad because he’s more anthropomorphic in them, are you?
BrianGriffinFan

Postby CEVRAM » September 24th, 2023, 8:16 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]
Looks like a battleship idling among runaway speedboats in that screengrab. But on a more serious note, I enjoyed this scene as well on a thorough level. Having a glimpse of Simba returning to his youthful carefree endeavors with the two characters who helped raise him after he had already taken his rightful place as king was a nice way to end the film, since going by the original release, you'd expect him to be done with such activities once he finally embraced the role which he was destined to fulfill.[/quote]

Just curious, you’re not saying those activities are bad because he’s more anthropomorphic in them, are you?[/quote]
Nope, not at all. I actually enjoy seeing him like that.
CEVRAM

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Telegram: CEVRAM
Pride Points: 0

Postby BrianGriffinFan » September 25th, 2023, 2:33 am

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]

Just curious, you’re not saying those activities are bad because he’s more anthropomorphic in them, are you?[/quote]
Nope, not at all. I actually enjoy seeing him like that.[/quote]

Oh, nice! Yeah, I guess I just think that since they’re things/activities Mufasa wouldn’t approve of they’re “bad”, which is a big part of why I liked that Deviantart drawing I showed you earlier.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » October 1st, 2023, 7:24 pm

Oh, nice! Yeah, I guess I just think that since they’re things/activities Mufasa wouldn’t approve of they’re “bad”, which is a big part of why I liked that Deviantart drawing I showed you earlier.
BrianGriffinFan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½