Unproduced Credits Scene?

Unproduced Credits Scene?

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 9:36 pm

I was looking at the official transcript of the film, and noticed something I’d seen on it years ago.
Apparently there was an unproduced/unreleased scene meant to be shown during/after the credits; here’s a transcript.

{Outlands. Timon and Pumbaa are chowing down on bugs.}

PUMBAA: Hakuna Matata!

TIMON: Outlands, shmoutlands... this place is better than Disneyland!

{A bug flies into shot and flits from side to side like Tinker-Bell in the traditional Disney transition-out sequence.}

As someone who is rather…anti-Timon and Pumba, I can’t say this is any real loss, especially with the fourth-wall reference to Disneyland. Like the theater scenes in TLK3, it seems more like an unused idea meant for the Timon and Pumba spin-off than something from the films in general.

Honestly, though, I’m not sure if it was ever something planned or just another internet rumor. The source seems pretty legit, but if so they must have an actual script for Simba’s Pride, and it seems odd that they wouldn’t post that as well.

Either way, fake or not, it’s a tidbit I thought I’d bring up, since I don’t know how many people here know (knew?) about it.

EDIT: Well it turns out it’s real—-and it exists! Sort of, anyway. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BiX3MsJ1Nms

A bit of a treat for T&P fans and I’ll admit interesting to actually see since I’ve known about it for so long, but I’m definitely glad it was never finished or used.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Re: Unproduced Credits Scene?

Postby TheLionPrince » September 6th, 2023, 5:21 pm

I remember reading there was originally a post-credits scene on the transcript of the "Simba's Pride" script on lionking.org. I never thought I would see it, though. Speaking of which, here's a VHS workprint of all the deleted scenes inserted back into the film: https://archive.org/details/lion-king-2-workprint-vhs
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby BrianGriffinFan » September 27th, 2023, 5:16 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I remember reading there was originally a post-credits scene on the transcript of the "Simba's Pride" script on lionking.org. I never thought I would see it, though. Speaking of which, here's a VHS workprint of all the deleted scenes inserted back into the film: https://archive.org/details/lion-king-2-workprint-vhs[/quote]

That’s where I first heard about it, too. Anyways, thanks for sharing the work print.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BrianGriffinFan » April 10th, 2024, 8:28 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I remember reading there was originally a post-credits scene on the transcript of the "Simba's Pride" script on lionking.org[/quote]

That’s what I was referring to, did you not read my post?
BrianGriffinFan

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride