[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Timon — My Lion King Forum

Timon

Re: Timon

Postby Carl » December 31st, 2013, 4:28 am

^ Only what is official is canon. It's not opinion. It's what the company says is official. Therefore, by default, the series, and all the comics and books, are semicanon. Fans can't change that.

There were a few references to the human world because it is kind of unavoidable, and as it was there weren't stores or human objects the characters had access to, and that's what I meant. It's not like a human city is what a meerkat colony would be like.

Whether or not a person feels sorry for the character depends on the person, and in the movie, he didn't leave his post. He still failed to be sure, but he didn't do it deliberately.

And you can't boast your opinion as if it is fact.

And the answer to your last question, since you wanna have attitude, it was for the sake of comedy.
Last edited by Carl on December 31st, 2013, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby EdtheHyena » December 31st, 2013, 4:35 am

ok, I'm sorry, but someone took it seriously by giving me some sort of serious answer...

...also, most people haven't seen the series? What do you mean? I assume as many people have seen it as have seen the sequels.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » December 31st, 2013, 5:47 am

Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Timon the great » January 31st, 2014, 7:52 am

"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 28

Postby Carl » January 31st, 2014, 8:01 pm

^ None of that disproves my post that you quoted. Of course all of the characters have bad qualities and no one is all good. But you can't expect everyone to like Timon, just like I can't expect everyone to like Nala or Vitani. You can't take everything people say about your favourite character so personally, that's why there's mudslinging. Regulus has not been bashing Timon, he's been explaining why he doesn't like him. I don't even dislike Timon, I like the character and admit fully that both Regulus and AnnaM had solid points.

But at the end of the day, everything is perception. You can perceive something as noble where another will perceive it as selfish and only the person who committed the act knows for a fact which it is. You perceive Timon in a highly positive light. That's great! You have a strong connection with the character and you like him. But not everyone can see it the way you do. Different upbringings and different life experiences will show people to interpret things in different ways. Everything that anyone has mentioned in this thread has been their opinion, their perception, their interpretation based on the specific facts the film gives. You can't prove that Timon wasn't selfish anymore than Regulus can prove he was.

Everything in the human experience is based on perception. That's just how it is. Somethings are facts, other things we can only guess at. The true character of a person (or in this case, character) is not definitely provable, it's all subjective. Not a single person in this thread is right or wrong about their judgments of Timon's character.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby juhouh » February 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Timon is just a joke character like Pumbaa. They're there for kids so they can laugh. After all I always enjoyed their TV spin-off series
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Bloodspill » February 1st, 2014, 5:11 pm

True, but you gotta admit they made him interesting joke character. You can understand his personality on many different levels; he is full of opposites himself. Sometimes he seems to be eternal optimist, sometimes he becomes sarcastic.
Sometimes I wish TLK3 was all about lions, but I like Timon's story. He's one of the most humanized characters in LK. I mean, not many people are wise and strong and loved by everyone like Mufasa, but I know many people can relate to Timon.
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby EdtheHyena » February 4th, 2014, 6:27 am

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » March 20th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Last edited by Timon the great on March 21st, 2014, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 28

Postby Carl » March 20th, 2014, 4:15 pm

^ Seriously, you are overreacting. I agree with you for the most part about Timon's character. The only thing I've been saying for the past several posts is that not everyone interprets actions the same way. I can see where people would think he's selfish and where other's wouldn't. The FACT is that people don't always have the same perception of an event. That's all I have said. You cannot convince someone who views Timon as selfish that he isn't because there is evidence to support that theory as well as the theory that he isn't. That's literally ALL I have said. And I didn't say it to "make myself feel better" because it is my view on almost every topic that people are allowed to have different opinions. You are acting like they cannot. You're acting like they have to like Timon, or they're wrong. People are different and quite honestly, if you can't accept the fact that people will disagree with you about your character, then you shouldn't be on a forum in the first place. I'm not even the one who disagrees with you about him, and you're getting riled up about my post.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King