[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Timon — My Lion King Forum

Timon

Re: Timon

Postby EdtheHyena » November 18th, 2013, 3:42 am

Well, it's thanks to him that I found out what a meerkat is!
Last edited by EdtheHyena on April 29th, 2014, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Ananda » December 1st, 2013, 11:30 pm

One of my fave characters. Love Timon.
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Timon the great » December 16th, 2013, 9:50 am

This is how I sometimes, feel about the haters since I found out about how some areas of MLK and the internet in general, really have been towards him and over the years:

I know it isn't true that everyone hates him and I'm extremely thankful that it truly isn't. But this web drawing done by someone else gives a very good illustration of how a Timon person generally feels inside about this. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

I believe in Jesus Christ, lord and savior.
- If you were to die today, where will you spend eternity?
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 25

Postby Zonofon » December 16th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Remarkable illustration of the fact that everything must have its limits. Including criticism. I do not mind criticism, but it must be argumented. I believe that is impossible only criticize and not find anything positive.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby AnnaM » December 25th, 2013, 1:19 am

AnnaM
I am the flea

in Scar's goatee!

Pride Points: 4

Postby Carl » December 25th, 2013, 3:10 am

^ Actually, I think you and Regulus both are sort of right. Timon's not all selfish, but he's not all selfless either. You both make good points, and you both have a few flimsy points. It all comes down to perception in the end, because no one can know for sure what was in Timon's head, so in the end, it's just how he seemed to each person.

To me, he was very selfish for saving Simba and joining up with Pumbaa. He did both of those things to look out for himself. But at the same time, he did come to care for them both and he did act selflessly towards both of them at times too, like AnnaM pointed out. I think both of you put him on an extreme when he's really in a gray area in between selfish and selfless.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby EdtheHyena » December 30th, 2013, 1:53 am

I liked him until LK 1/5. He was a huge jerk at the end of that movie (well, he eventually saw the error of his ways) but I was really disgusted with him. Hell, even PUMBAA gave him a "what da hell?!"

On the other hand, I largely enjoy him as a side character in the other movies and adore him in the TV series. But he's far from perfect in my mind, which I don't mind, since the franchise has three comic relief side characters who I feel are in almost every way.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Postby EdtheHyena » December 30th, 2013, 7:14 am

EdtheHyena

Postby Carl » December 30th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby EdtheHyena » December 31st, 2013, 3:33 am

EdtheHyena

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King