The Lion King: Screengrabs / Screenshots / Screen Captures

Re: The Lion King: Screengrabs / Screenshots / Screen Captur

Postby CEVRAM » August 8th, 2023, 10:51 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

https://www.deviantart.com/mufasa38/gallery

Just a warning, I’m kind of…attracted to some of the characters, and some of that definitely shows in my choice of screencaps. If that kind of thing turns you off, I would not recommend checking it out.[/quote]

Well, you REALLY like Mufasa, no doubt about that! It's alright though, we all have characters we enjoy more than others.
CEVRAM

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Telegram: CEVRAM
Pride Points: 0

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 4:10 pm

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Just a warning, I’m kind of…attracted to some of the characters, and some of that definitely shows in my choice of screencaps. If that kind of thing turns you off, I would not recommend checking it out.[/quote]

Well, you REALLY like Mufasa, no doubt about that! It's alright though, we all have characters we enjoy more than others.[/quote]

Haha, yep! Although I really like Simba, too. :confident2:
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby CEVRAM » August 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Well, you REALLY like Mufasa, no doubt about that! It's alright though, we all have characters we enjoy more than others.[/quote]

Haha, yep! Although I really like Simba, too. :confident2:[/quote]

Mufasa is definitely the more vigorous and imposing figure of the two but Simba certainly has a unique allure and charm of his own.
CEVRAM

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 4:35 pm

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Mufasa is definitely the more vigorous and imposing figure of the two but Simba certainly has a unique allure and charm of his own.[/quote]

Most definitely! Yeah, I have crushes on them both, as you can see.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CEVRAM » August 8th, 2023, 4:47 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Mufasa is definitely the more vigorous and imposing figure of the two but Simba certainly has a unique allure and charm of his own.[/quote]

Most definitely! Yeah, I have crushes on them both, as you can see.[/quote]

Oh I could see it with one of my eyes closed, believe me, heh. As far as I'm concerned, I don't necessarily have a crush on Zira, but a general fondness of her as a character.
CEVRAM

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 5:02 pm

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Oh I could see it with one of my eyes closed, believe me, heh. As far as I'm concerned, I don't necessarily have a crush on Zira, but a general fondness of her as a character.[/quote]

That’s cool. I’m afraid never really got into Simba’s Pride myself to be honest, I just thought it looked too odd for me, TLG too. My screencaps of Simba that aren’t from the original film come from LK 3 and that obscure Timon and Pumba spin-off show.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby CEVRAM » August 8th, 2023, 5:20 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Anyways, I have too many favorites to possibly post here, but if you want to check them out, feel free to view it here in my Devianart gallery.

Oh I could see it with one of my eyes closed, believe me, heh. As far as I'm concerned, I don't necessarily have a crush on Zira, but a general fondness of her as a character.[/quote]

That’s cool. I’m afraid never really got into Simba’s Pride myself to be honest, I just thought it looked too odd for me, TLG too. My screencaps of Simba that aren’t from the original film come from LK 3 and that obscure Timon and Pumba spin-off show.[/quote]

I see. In fairness, Simba's Pride did introduce elements that seem to have come completely out of the blue, such as the ideological division among the lionesses of the Pride Lands which spearheaded Zira's banishment and the creation of the Outsiders, something that was not at all evident within the plot of the first film. As for Timon and Pumbaa's spin-off show, it was one of the animated shows I enjoyed watching the most in my childhood. I remember finding it hilarious at the time, probably because of all the flatulence themed jokes involving Pumbaa and the wacky sound effects that played throughout each episode.
CEVRAM

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 5:55 pm

[quote="CEVRAM"]I see. In fairness, Simba's Pride did introduce elements that seem to have come completely out of the blue, such as the ideological division among the lionesses of the Pride Lands which spearheaded Zira's banishment and the creation of the Outsiders, something that was not at all evident within the plot of the first film. As for Timon and Pumbaa's spin-off show, it was one of the animated shows I enjoyed watching the most in my childhood. I remember finding it hilarious at the time, probably because of all the flatulence themed jokes involving Pumbaa and the wacky sound effects that played throughout each episode.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the problem with sequels, they’ll introduce elements that are obviously created just for the sequel itself and clearly never considered during the original. They only really work if the whole series is planned out from the beginning, like say Harry Potter was. Still, my problem with SP isn’t really the writing but the fact that it doesn’t LOOK like the original. If it did, I’d surely have some screencaps of Simba from it in my gallery.

Those things you mention about Timon and Pumba: The Spin-Off are some of the worst things about it, imo. It hasn’t really aged well and isn’t canon with the movies or TLG but there’s still some decent stuff. The episodes about the other LK characters (there ARE actually a few) are definitely the strongest, and while Simba doesn’t look exactly like he does in the original LK, I actually like his look in it, it works for the show, imo.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby CEVRAM » August 8th, 2023, 6:29 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]I see. In fairness, Simba's Pride did introduce elements that seem to have come completely out of the blue, such as the ideological division among the lionesses of the Pride Lands which spearheaded Zira's banishment and the creation of the Outsiders, something that was not at all evident within the plot of the first film. As for Timon and Pumbaa's spin-off show, it was one of the animated shows I enjoyed watching the most in my childhood. I remember finding it hilarious at the time, probably because of all the flatulence themed jokes involving Pumbaa and the wacky sound effects that played throughout each episode.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the problem with sequels, they’ll introduce elements that are obviously created just for the sequel itself and clearly never considered during the original. They only really work if the whole series is planned out from the beginning, like say Harry Potter was. Still, my problem with SP isn’t really the writing but the fact that it doesn’t LOOK like the original. If it did, I’d surely have some screencaps of Simba from it in my gallery.

Those things you mention about Timon and Pumba: The Spin-Off are some of the worst things about it, imo. It hasn’t really aged well and isn’t canon with the movies or TLG but there’s still some decent stuff. The episodes about the other LK characters (there ARE actually a few) are definitely the strongest, and while Simba doesn’t look exactly like he does in the original LK, I actually like his look in it, it works for the show, imo.[/quote]

I guess the animation and design teams were handed a significant budget cut for the sequel, so they had to cut some corners during production unfortunately. As a result, the visuals of Simba's Pride pale in comparison to those of the original, which is a shame imo. But despite of that unflattering setback, I still enjoyed the movie.

Back in the 90's and early 2000's, many animated shows put an heavy emphasis on sound effects and over the top character expressions, along with random outlandish (and sometimes flat out grotesque) scenes that made little sense even in the context of the actual plot, more so than appealing character designs, good animation or captivating storytelling. This particular show was no exception to that, which is fine if you're a small child who finds humor in all forms of simple minded randomness, but once you move past that phase, such content inevitably loses most of it's appeal. Anyway, I do think the creators of the show could, and should have included more cannon TLK characters in the spin-off show.
CEVRAM

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 9:23 pm

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"]I see. In fairness, Simba's Pride did introduce elements that seem to have come completely out of the blue, such as the ideological division among the lionesses of the Pride Lands which spearheaded Zira's banishment and the creation of the Outsiders, something that was not at all evident within the plot of the first film. As for Timon and Pumbaa's spin-off show, it was one of the animated shows I enjoyed watching the most in my childhood. I remember finding it hilarious at the time, probably because of all the flatulence themed jokes involving Pumbaa and the wacky sound effects that played throughout each episode.[/quote]

Those things you mention about Timon and Pumba: The Spin-Off are some of the worst things about it, imo. It hasn’t really aged well and isn’t canon with the movies or TLG but there’s still some decent stuff. The episodes about the other LK characters (there ARE actually a few) are definitely the strongest, and while Simba doesn’t look exactly like he does in the original LK, I actually like his look in it, it works for the show, imo.[/quote]

I guess the animation and design teams were handed a significant budget cut for the sequel, so they had to cut some corners during production unfortunately. As a result, the visuals of Simba's Pride pale in comparison to those of the original, which is a shame imo. But despite of that unflattering setback, I still enjoyed the movie.

Back in the 90's and early 2000's, many animated shows put an heavy emphasis on sound effects and over the top character expressions, along with random outlandish (and sometimes flat out grotesque) scenes that made little sense even in the context of the actual plot, more so than appealing character designs, good animation or captivating storytelling. This particular show was no exception to that, which is fine if you're a small child who finds humor in all forms of simple minded randomness, but once you move past that phase, such content inevitably loses most of it's appeal. Anyway, I do think the creators of the show could, and should have included more cannon TLK characters in the spin-off show.[/quote]

That’s good. From what I understand a lot of people give most Disney sequels a low grade by default simply because they’re direct-to-video, but I never really noticed the animation differences in them as a kid, so while I watch a lot of Disney movies a ton, I didn’t really feel there was too much of a change of quality in most sequels. With that said, Disney or not, sequels usually end up feeling more like an extension of the first film/book than anything unless the creators have an outline of the series planned out from the start (which I’m pretty sure they didn’t with LK).

As for Timon and Pumba…yes, definitely. I don’t like Timon and Pumba the characters really at all, but I’m sure even many of those who do like them prefer them in smaller doses. Either way, having the whole show be about them didn’t work, which (along with the things you mentioned that made it clearly designed for a younger demographic) is why it ended up falling into relative obscurity. Well that and the fact that it dates back to the mid-90’s, when the Internet was barely a thing. :lol:
BrianGriffinFan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King