Trailer has been dropped!

Re: Trailer has been dropped!

Postby Elton John » February 25th, 2019, 4:17 am

little simba still looks adorable sneezing.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » February 25th, 2019, 5:04 am

I've never actually said "wow" before whilst watching a CGI-animated thing, but holy [words I can't say here] this looks amazing, especially that shot of baby Simba. I finally understand the hype over everyone saying that they can't tell the animals aren't real; they certainly looked really good in the first trailer but you can still tell it's animation. This one actually looks like a real lion cub. Talk about a glow-up.

I genuinely don't know why people would try and shy away from calling this animation; if anything I'd proudly say "I made that" if I were a visual effects artist on this and would be almost insulted by people saying it's not.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » February 25th, 2019, 5:27 am

Also, here's a new film poster.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » March 4th, 2019, 3:56 am

https://screenrant.com/lion-king-cgi-ch ... rence/amp/

i honestly did not notice most of the changes, but they do exist.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Aelwen » March 4th, 2019, 3:08 pm

I personally doubt that all emotional moments of the origina movie will look as good in the remake. TLK animals were basically humans. Thaey had human (not lion) eyes, brows. We saw their mimics. It all will look clumsy and weird on a "realistic" lion face.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 4th, 2019, 5:13 pm

[quote="Aelwen"]I personally doubt that all emotional moments of the origina movie will look as good in the remake. TLK animals were basically humans. Thaey had human (not lion) eyes, brows. We saw their mimics. It all will look clumsy and weird on a "realistic" lion face.[/quote]

Actually I disagree, the animators did a really good job with the kingdom animals, like the elephant walking through the water in CoL, and I have study the lion character to the real thing and they did a really good job of making as close to the real thing.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Panpardus » March 5th, 2019, 2:44 am

I don't think that's what Aelwen means. What they're saying is that having fully photorealistic animals (2019 version) means that you can't really do too much with their facial expressions without it looking weird. The cartoon iterations anthropomorphized the faces of the lions just enough so that they looked enough like realistic lions but you can still see them emoting like a human would.

To that point, I'm hoping they really dig into overall body language and voice acting chops, and if anything just keep the eyes slightly more expressive. Being able to program the animals' movements so that they look like they're doing everything with deliberate intent will also probably help (as opposed to what you always see with animal actors, especially those for talking characters).
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 5th, 2019, 6:15 am

[quote="Panpardus"]I don't think that's what Aelwen means. What they're saying is that having fully photorealistic animals (2019 version) means that you can't really do too much with their facial expressions without it looking weird. The cartoon iterations anthropomorphized the faces of the lions just enough so that they looked enough like realistic lions but you can still see them emoting like a human would.

To that point, I'm hoping they really dig into overall body language and voice acting chops, and if anything just keep the eyes slightly more expressive. Being able to program the animals' movements so that they look like they're doing everything with deliberate intent will also probably help (as opposed to what you always see with animal actors, especially those for talking characters).[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes on the emotional gestures, this is the real life version and correct me if im wrong but Jungle Book didn't have those gestures, but I will be surprised if they did put it in, for me im just more on thinking it should be how real nature should act and not what the animated version did.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby RainKissedLioness » March 5th, 2019, 9:35 am

This looks so good and I am really really excited about it!!!! The release date (July 19th, 2019) is already marked on my calendar on my phone!!!! *HAPPY DANCES*
*Keeper of Nala's Courage*
My pronouns: they/them.
It's the Circle of Life.
And it moves us all.
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love.
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding.
In the Circle,
The Circle of Life.

-Circle of Life

RainKissedLioness
The Circle of Life!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I love TLK!!!!

Nickname(s): Sagi
Pride Points: 2

Postby Aelwen » March 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm

[quote]What they're saying is that having fully photorealistic animals (2019 version) means that you can't really do too much with their facial expressions without it looking weird[/quote]

yes! For example, the scene with Simba standing on the rock in the end. We see his lingering doubt as he looks at the sky ans then his expression changes to the confidence and he roars. You literally can't make lion fae so expressive.

Or Simba feeling down before Rafiki finds him. In cartoon version they showd all his emotions.

i am sure the movie will be good but many nuances can't be delivered...

And I don't like that they made Simba's mane just usual liion mane, without bangs. There are IRL lions with bangs, why not use it?
Attachments
leão-de-katanga-34506795.jpg
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements