An (Now Out Of Date) Announcement

An (Now Out Of Date) Announcement

Postby FlipMode » March 24th, 2015, 11:05 am

Herro :3
Hey you reading this, you like doing awesome things, right? Good, continue reading.
You may have noticed a thread below this one from Julie about finally moving out if the can raise an amount of money for the loan ( I shortened that, go read the thread for more info).
So you also notice I replied to it, well I was thinking of what to request and I think I have an idea...
MLK GROUP PICTURE!

Now, real quick remember this part of the post:

[quote] I can draw TLK style (no official characters, I could get into legal trouble for that), I can draw canines, I can draw ponies (again, not official characters). I can maybe try other animals, but my human drawing skills are somewhat lacking.[/quote]

With that in mind: reply here with your character references (preferably with a link to a drawing so Julie has an idea of what they look like).
And here's the interesting part: you don't have to pay anything yourself, I will pay whatever the cost of 1 character is X however many people reply to this with their reference. So, the more people who join in on this, the more money she will get towards moving out :)

So go ahead and do those things. You have just over a week or so, don't want to leave it to long so that A) she has plenty of time to work on it and B) they can move out sooner XD
So yep, do that and you are a legend. I will wait here... Yes, right here. Ohhh Oblivion Adoring Fan reference in my post!
Last edited by FlipMode on April 7th, 2015, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: An Announcement

Postby Shadowfax » March 24th, 2015, 11:21 am

I'd be up for joining, but I don't mind paying for Silver to be drawn as I was gonna commission her anyway when I get paid at the end of the week. I'll post a ref later when I get on the laptop. Cool idea btw.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Shadowfax » March 26th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Come on guys! This is a great idea and it's a chance to get some free art aswell as be involved in a group picture ;)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Cowell_lk » March 26th, 2015, 5:37 pm

This is an awesome idea and I would love to help but I don't have a original character of my own. I really wish I could help :D
Cowell_lk
Nala = bae

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bacon
Pride Points: 5

Postby Adofo » March 26th, 2015, 7:44 pm

I'd like to help Julie out! SO I'm in! But I've never drawn a full body shot of my fursona, so I'll have to do this within the next day or two. So count me in!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Arani » March 26th, 2015, 8:30 pm

I'd love to help, but I don't have any non-human OC's =( Maybe for those of us who don't have any usable OC's, Julie can create a Lion King-esq character representing us? Fills up another slot for the group photo! If you'd like to give that a go Julie then put me down as a TLK character in the group shot! Draw her however you see fit. =)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Cowell_lk » March 26th, 2015, 9:12 pm

[quote="Arani"]I'd love to help, but I don't have any non-human OC's =( Maybe for those of us who don't have any usable OC's, Julie can create a Lion King-esq character representing us? Fills up another slot for the group photo! If you'd like to give that a go Julie then put me down as a TLK character in the group shot! Draw her however you see fit. =)[/quote]
Great idea for those of us that don't have OCs but idk how much work that would be for Julie. All she would have to create a OC with only a description that we would give her that seems like alot of work.
Cowell_lk
Nala = bae

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bacon
Pride Points: 5

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Well there's a bit of time left, but I mean the sooner everyone replies with theirwe OC to add to the picture, the sooner Julie will be able to move out. So there's that!
And don't worry about the money, I wouldn't have suggested this if I couldn't afford it :) I'll always make an extra effort for my friends.

I know there's a couple of people who are away who'd potentially like to join this so I'll leave the thread open for a little while.
So yeah, post a picture of your OC here and it will be added to the picture as one nice commission. Julie gets a good start to the moving out fund, we get an MLK family picture of all our characters together, everyone is happy. That was the plan at least. Lol
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Shadowfax » March 26th, 2015, 11:47 pm

http://silvershadowfax.deviantart.com/a ... -430833480

That be Silvers reference ^^
If people are struggling to get a ref picture up in time, im sure a detailed description would suffice. Or maybe julie could 'lion-fie' a human character if you had one?
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Carl » March 27th, 2015, 12:51 am

Can't believe I'm just seeing this! That's very generous of you Flip! :cheese:

[quote="Shadowfax"]
If people are struggling to get a ref picture up in time, im sure a detailed description would suffice. Or maybe julie could 'lion-fie' a human character if you had one?[/quote]
Yeah, detailed descriptions would be good enough, and I could definitely lionize human characters, if people would be interested in me doing so. :)

[quote="Flip_FTW"]whatever the cost of 1 character is[/quote]
I think about 10 USD seems fair, although, as always, it is negotiable.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to News & Announcements