Post count!

Re: Post count!

Postby Arani » April 14th, 2011, 9:46 am

^ Spammer. :P

Anyways, I think that doing this was a good idea. Spam isn't a nice thing, but if it has to be somewhere, it should be in a general discussion board I guess. Losing the count all together might also be a good idea. It just depends on the person I guess.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Rarity » April 14th, 2011, 10:38 am

lol spammer but I only have 95 post
Rarity
A Beautiful Heart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Marshmallow, Rar
Pride Points: 12

Postby FlipMode » April 14th, 2011, 11:40 am

[quote="Zeke"]Heeeeey mlk, why can't you handle a situation like this with at least a little maturity? Stop running around the forum like fricking rabbits on speed and spamming in every topic you can. Its kinda stupid...so stop :ehh:[/quote]

Did you really expect any less?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 14th, 2011, 12:01 pm

^ win

I don't see how disabling post counts is extreme.. It's not like they're useful in any way. And besides, it'll mean less work for the staff.. Why search for meaningless posts when disabling post counts can just get rid of the problem?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Eli_Ayase » April 14th, 2011, 12:02 pm

*cough* Agree with Kops *cough*
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby AdAstrα » April 14th, 2011, 1:50 pm

I don't think we should remove the post system entirely, it's helpful for new members as it gives them some idea who is active and who isn't in case they need help with something. That being said,I can see why removing them could be beneficial as well..
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 14th, 2011, 1:52 pm

They can just see the "last visited" field in their profile which is far more accurate than looking at the post count in order to tell if someone is active, so..
KopsTheTerminator

Postby TheRoguePrince » April 14th, 2011, 2:59 pm

Except I can sit online for hours doing nothing. Anyone can pretend to be active by letting the profile stay open. I'm not saying that post count is good or bad, but look at it this way, you can be logged on, and not active.
TheRoguePrince

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 14th, 2011, 3:13 pm

And I can only be in the chatroom and not post anything in the forum, so post count cannot be used to tell if someone is active. Also, I believe it logs the last time you refreshed your page, so you get the exact time if the user has refreshed the page within an hour.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby TheRoguePrince » April 14th, 2011, 3:37 pm

I'm just trying to say, someone can be online and not active. There are many ways of telling if someone is online. So why does it matter so much to us? Post count isn't hurting anyone. If it bothers you, then why do you post? (general question, not to a specified recipient)
TheRoguePrince

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements