It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 28th, 2017, 3:48 am

and just more to add to the franchise
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Kallo » February 28th, 2017, 12:04 pm

This movie is a nice idea somewhere in the back of your mind. I'm sure we've all thought about it at some point; how a "realistic" Lion King would look. But when you start putting it on paper, it just doesn't work, and I can't see how Disney would manage to pull it off. If they actually do, my hat's off to them. When I think about all the classic scenes in TLK (basically every one of them), there's a few scenes I can imagine looking cool in the remake, but way more that I just can't see working. Including the whole overall storyline. For example, how are they gonna pull off the "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" scene with real-looking lions? I can't see it happening. The whole movie depends on the lions being substitutes for people, and thus they require those typical Disney features in their looks. And those wouldn't look good in "realistic 3D" animation. On the other hand, this could be a chance to amplify some of the darker elements of the story, and the realism of real-life, brutal African nature. But we all know Disney won't go down that road, cause they'll still try to keep it too kid-friendly, despite the fact that this is supposed to be the version for adults to enjoy. At least, that's how I see it. The Jungle Book proved this to me. I was expecting it to be a live-action remake, so that they could put things in it that they couldn't/didn't want to in the animated version, but boy was I wrong.

I'm usually pretty optimistic about remakes and such, thinking that at least the original will still be there and won't be ruined. I remained optimistic about The Lion Guard, and now I really enjoy it. But this is a pretty hard pill to swallow. Seeing my favourite movie becoming a cash-cow and trying to be swept under the rug with a "new, better version" that kids from now on will likely grow up with, it makes me kinda sad. I'll still try to give it its best chance, and will probably go see it in the theatre when it comes out (if for nothing else then cause I haven't actually seen a single TLK movie in the theatre). I am curious. I'll probably end up not caring for it very much, but who knows. My biggest positives about the movie are that it might bring in more people who haven't been interested in TLK before, into the community and make it grow, and also that they might include some deleted scenes from the original movie, such as The Madness of King Scar. Oh, I hope they do.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Elton John » February 28th, 2017, 12:33 pm

I mostly want to see the movie because I bet that cub Simba and Nala will be cute af. And their interactions will probably be totally adorable.

I don't expect the remake to be great, but I also don't expect the remake to be completely forgetable like so many others in the past decade.

And I will likely love the soundtrack.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Amur_Tiger » March 7th, 2017, 11:10 am

[quote="Kallo"]This movie is a nice idea somewhere in the back of your mind. I'm sure we've all thought about it at some point; how a "realistic" Lion King would look. But when you start putting it on paper, it just doesn't work, and I can't see how Disney would manage to pull it off. If they actually do, my hat's off to them.

On the other hand, this could be a chance to amplify some of the darker elements of the story, and the realism of real-life, brutal African nature. But we all know Disney won't go down that road, cause they'll still try to keep it too kid-friendly, despite the fact that this is supposed to be the version for adults to enjoy. [/quote]

Given my particular interest in real big cats I've given a 'realistic lion king' a fair bit of thought and yeah, it just doesn't work, by the time you get it to the pretty brutal realism of the savannah it's way outside of Disney territory and quite frankly an unrecognizable film, a worthy endeavor perhaps but not the lion king, it would be a different story. ( one I'm sorta toying with putting together )

On whether or not I think the remake will be good, I'm actually pretty sure it will be but I don't think that it'll be worthy. The Lion King remake is trying to live up to a movie that was much better put together then The Jungle Book was, to match it it has to be great and I'm not convinced that Disney can pull that off. I'd much rather they continue with stories in that setting without tearing down and rebuilding the foundation. Heck one way to transition from one to the other rather beautifully would be CGI TLK being many generations later when the tales of Simba are but a distant memory only imagined in 2D animation where the main setting of the movie would be CGI present. What makes me worry more about it is just how lazy this all seems as a decision as they're going through their 'Disney Renaissance' collection and CGIing it all up, apparently with little thought as to whether or not it was needed or how to best add to each setting.
Amur_Tiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » March 7th, 2017, 12:23 pm

The only remake from the Disney Renaissance era (1989-1999) that has been remade isn't out for another week and a half, and from what I have heard it's mostly real sets and very little green screens. Only use of cgi is when it's necessary.

True, a tlk remake would rely on green screens and cgi but it's dishonest to say that disney will over-rely on cgi for their renaissance era remakes when so far that hasn't been the case.

If they ever choose to remake hunchback I can see them using little cgi if they got rid of the gargoyle characters.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » March 7th, 2017, 9:42 pm

I don't think the issue is CGI-reliance, just the fact that they feel the need to remake everything. I honestly find it had to believe that s full-out 2D animation would cost more than a photo-realistic CG film, if money is supposed to be a concerning factor.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » March 7th, 2017, 9:49 pm

I really don't hate remakes. I hate bad or boring remakes.

I just pray this isn't bad or boring. I like the director and donald glover is an inspired choice for simba...
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Acegermanshepherd » March 14th, 2017, 4:10 am

I dislike the 'realistic' style in all these remakes
Acegermanshepherd

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » March 19th, 2017, 2:31 pm

http://screenrant.com/lion-king-disney- ... -synopsis/

This means script is likely finalized and voice cast has been chosen, with announcements likely coming soon.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Nilla » March 19th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Also, has anyone seen the Beauty and the Beast remake? This obviously isn't a discussion thread for that, but I think recent remakes are a good indication of the type of quality we'll get for The Lion King. I really liked Beauty and the Beast, and thought the new stuff they added were nice additions.
Nilla

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)