Scar's role

Scar's role

Postby AnonLion » May 21st, 2017, 8:31 am

With Scar confirmed as a future villian what do you think his role will be like?

First off I'm not even sure if it'll be a one time thing or if he'll be recurrent in the series, but because of how big of a villian he is to the franchise I hope it's only for one long episode. It's easy to guess he'll appear as a spirit of the sorts, and I think it would be really interesting if he appeared only to Kion like Mufasa does. Maybe Scar could be a manifestation of Kion's fears, or just outright be a spirit trying to deceive Kion. Futhermore if Kion mentioned Scar to his parents I think it could be of great potential to see some character depth for both Simba and Nala.

Whatever it is the writers decided to do I hope Scar doesn't lose his serious dark element just because TLG has a child demographic. Timon/Chungu's voice actor did say after all that season 2 is darker. Maybe this was what he was talking about?

Anyways what are your thoughts?
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: Scar's role

Postby zerodix » May 21st, 2017, 8:43 am

he can be a spirit/ghost or as a zombie. or appear in flashbacks
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Ninclow » May 23rd, 2017, 12:11 am

Scar's dead. Mufasa is one thing, but what the FUDGE are the creators gonna play necromancers for?
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 23rd, 2017, 12:51 am

When they say it will be darker it could be that the writers are aware that the older are into the show and they realize we treat it like MLP?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Ninclow » May 23rd, 2017, 2:13 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]When they say it will be darker it could be that the writers are aware that the older are into the show and they realize we treat it like MLP?[/quote]

It's difference between making a show "darker" and making it surrealistic. I mean... You make show fit for a wider audience by sophisticating the plots and themes, not by just throwing in some long dead villain because he's well-known to the fans. A Kion struggling against the legacy of Scar, the fact that he were so vile he could make people hurt even after he's gone, is taking the show WAY more seriously than having him fight a ghost.
Ninclow

Postby Panpardus » May 23rd, 2017, 4:26 am

^To that end, I really hope Scar appears more as a dream to Kion (like he did to Simba) than anything else. I don't think the writers would go as off the rails with this show as having Kion actually fight supernatural forces. I mean, what the heck would Scar's motive be anyway? He's dead. Boom, done.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby JackStover » May 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm

[quote="Ninclow"]It's difference between making a show "darker" and making it surrealistic. I mean... You make show fit for a wider audience by sophisticating the plots and themes, not by just throwing in some long dead villain because he's well-known to the fans. A Kion struggling against the legacy of Scar, the fact that he were so vile he could make people hurt even after he's gone, is taking the show WAY more seriously than having him fight a ghost.[/quote]
You do know Kion has a magical roar, right? I think the show is already well-past any form of grounded realism that was established in the movies.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby Ninclow » May 24th, 2017, 2:18 am

[quote="JackStover"]You do know Kion has a magical roar, right? I think the show is already well-past any form of grounded realism that was established in the movies.[/quote]

I try not to think about it too much...

I tend to skip those parts, close my eyes and envision some semi-epic fight scene and click play when the bad guys run off.
Ninclow

Postby Kallo » May 25th, 2017, 10:36 am

I think it's farily obvious and predictable that Scar is gonna show up as a ghost. An "evil form of Mufasa", if you will. Though, it will probably have a more vision/dreamy quality than your typical Mufasa encounter, where he just appears in the clouds. The Great Kings of the Past obviously are meant to live in the TLK universe's version of "Heaven", and I'd assume Scar would definitely therefore be in "Hell", so I'm basically imagining his appearance as a hellish version of Mufasa's appearance or something like that. It'd be awesome, too, if they somehow managed to stick a reference of Scar's reflection appearing in the water somewhere in there, like in TLK2. Of course, Kion and Scar share a connection because of the Roar, so his appearance could also have something to do with that, and therefore be quite different.

I also hope they won't overuse him as a villain, but I do hope for more than just one appearance throughout the whole series. Say, if he appears early/mid-Season 2, then anywhere before late S3 would be too early for him to appear again.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby zerodix » May 30th, 2017, 1:36 pm

i was searching around for any concept or trailer footage of scar in season 2. nothing.
since it is obvious that he is dead, he won't appear in person, that's for sure. It would be hilarious when he came back as a zombie, though :p I know that the chance of that happening is around zero, but it would be so funny.
Further on, nothing new for two weeks on info about the 2nd season. It is time they leak some info, isn't it? Since it was stated that between june and july the second season would start?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion Guard