New episode 'ono the tickbird'

New episode 'ono the tickbird'

Postby Elton John » March 10th, 2017, 8:06 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: New episode 'ono the tickbird'

Postby Nilla » March 11th, 2017, 3:18 am

yay! I thought season 1 was supposed to be over by now? but i'm not complaining. I'm glad to get another (presumably) Ono centric episode
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Kallo » March 11th, 2017, 3:48 am

I have a feeling this will be the final episode of Season 1. Starting to look more and more like there was originally gonna be 24 episodes in S1, with "The Trail to Udugu" being the finale, but the rescheduling of the series forced them to add two more episodes to the season and shift them around, to make the hiatus shorter. I mean, they could still add more episodes to this season, but I feel it's unlikely.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Carambulesco » March 11th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Ono again? Damn...
We need Season 2! I need to see grown Kion, grown Fuli and Grown Jasiri. Why do it have more episodes of this season?
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
The more I move away from humanity, the more human I feel."
:happyjasiri:
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nature is my home, with the Circle of Life

Telegram: @99999999fff
Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » March 11th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Uh, I wouldn't get your hopes up on seeing them move too far past the current timeline. At least, right now.

Then again I could be very wrong and s2 might have some kind of time skip. My predictions seem to go 50/50 on this franchise.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 12th, 2017, 2:20 am

[quote="Elton John"]Uh, I wouldn't get your hopes up on seeing them move too far past the current timeline. At least, right now.[/quote]

I have to concur with Elton John. I do not think Season 2 will feature Adult versions of the characters. In fact I'd be surprised if they look any older than they do now.

I am very confused (But in no way angry) that season 1 has had more episodes than we expected. Although now I hope we can expect just as many episodes in season 2.

I should know better that to judge an episode by it's title, but I have to wonder what the plot of this episode could be. Ono is so busy getting ticks off the other animals that Zazu has to fill in for him as the Keenest Of Sight :?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Nilla » March 12th, 2017, 3:19 am

maybe it's referring to a nervous tick? lmao I have no clue. Anyway i googled "Tickbird" and apparently that's the nickname for the Oxpecker: "They cling to cattle and big-game animals to remove ticks, flies, and maggots from their hides."
Nilla

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » March 12th, 2017, 10:58 am

wow then we have 2 episodes left for this season.. in fall 2017 season 2 airs. i like ono but 2 eps of him.. but not gonna complain. songs are fine and like it over all
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Panpardus » April 3rd, 2017, 7:44 pm

So there's an official premise now, which oddly sounds like it was inspired by an Onion article.

The description, courtesy of the FB fan page: "Ono must fill in for a rhino's seeing-eye bird while the Guard helps the rhino and tickbird resolve their differences."
The Onion article I'm somewhat convinced at least one of the episode writers saw: http://www.theonion.com/article/rhino-t ... latio-2287
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Panpardus » April 15th, 2017, 12:29 pm

The episode airs next week, and the trailer is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIUVC97ctBs

This seems like another little hijinks story, but oh well; it could be entertaining enough. The music (assuming it'll be used in the episode; a lot of trailer music for this show uses either stock or other music and songs that aren't actually featured in the show) has a nice Afrobeat-lite vibe to it, so hopefully the episode song should be good.

As an aside, the rhino's name is Kifaru, which is just the Swahili word for 'rhinoceros'. A+ for creativity on this one.
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Next

Return to The Lion Guard