"Easter Eggs"

"Easter Eggs"

Postby KionScar » January 24th, 2017, 4:52 am

Near The Gorge:

Termite Land:

KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Re: "Easter Eggs"

Postby Squeely » January 25th, 2017, 8:06 am

Neat! I hadn't noticed the first one!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Troll Berserker » January 25th, 2017, 9:21 pm

nice findings!

The only things that come to my mind now are:
1. Scene from ROTR where Kion tells hyenas to pick on someone their own size, just like Simba in elephant graveyard.
2. Obvious Mufasa's death references in Bunga and the King episode where Simba is trying to climb a cliff in the same fashion as Mufasa did (and also falls).
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby KionScar » January 26th, 2017, 3:07 am

There's another somewhere with Janja and co up on cliff; could either be that Drongo episode or that Mbali Migrations one. Either way it's a reference to Shenzi and co a top the gorge cliff after the last few wildebeest were herded. I think it's the Drongo one...

There is also this: :D

Bunga says Cheka which is Swahili for Laugh. Top image is from 1&½ .
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sarger » January 26th, 2017, 10:00 pm

In RotR, after Zuka Zama, Timon tells Bunga that he doesn't think he should be signing up for some sort of Jungle Patrol. Could this possibly be a Jungle Book reference?
Sarger
wew lad

ay lads

Pride Points: 11

Postby LittleRolox3 » January 28th, 2017, 2:47 pm

i actually never noticed the gorge bit with the hyenas, nice find!
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » January 28th, 2017, 2:54 pm

[quote="Sarger"]In RotR, after Zuka Zama, Timon tells Bunga that he doesn't think he should be signing up for some sort of Jungle Patrol. Could this possibly be a Jungle Book reference?[/quote]

Maybe a reference to Jungle Cubs?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionScar » January 29th, 2017, 5:13 am

KionScar

Postby KionScar » January 29th, 2017, 8:30 pm

[quote="Sarger"]In RotR, after Zuka Zama, Timon tells Bunga that he doesn't think he should be signing up for some sort of Jungle Patrol. Could this possibly be a Jungle Book reference?[/quote]

"The Jungle Patrol (sometimes referred as The Dawn Patrol by Bagheera) is the name for a herd of elephants led by Colonel Hathi. They appear in Disney's 1967 film The Jungle Book and its sequel."
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Jungle_Patrol

:)
KionScar

Postby Panpardus » January 30th, 2017, 8:19 am

The entirety of the "Duties of the King" musical number is a nice juxtaposing reference to "Just Can't Wait to be King". (And is so far the only reference to pre-existing material that I've actually liked and thought was well executed.) You have the same trio traveling together, first as Zazu and two friends who didn't want to get married and now as a couple with cubs; Simba was initially looking forward to becoming king while Zazu was trying to temper his attitude about it, whereas in the later song Zazu is singing it to encourage Simba to be happy about his role as king and all it actually entails; the two song's riffs are almost identical (same rhythm and melodic motion) and the songs themselves are only a half step apart, with "I Just Can't Wait to be King" being a half step above "Duties of the King".
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Next

Return to The Lion Guard