"Easter Eggs"

Re: "Easter Eggs"

Postby moonsugar33 » January 31st, 2017, 8:29 am

Could these things really be said to be easter eggs? I'd liken them more to parallels, or references.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Kallo » February 15th, 2017, 3:47 am

Despite many people claiming it's only riding off the success of the movies, and even if that's true, the show doesn't actually reference/take advantage of the movies a whole lot. At least not nearly as much as it could or as I've seen some other shows do in the past. I like that. The people working on the show obviously know enough about the movies to do more, but they have enough respect for the show to treat it as its own thing and just throw small references/easter eggs in. And if there's fanservice, it's always in small amounts and usually respectful to the movies or important to the story somehow. But still sweet enough to get the heart of a TLK fan fluttering lol. I really hope that doesn't change as the show goes on. :)

[quote]Could these things really be said to be easter eggs? I'd liken them more to parallels, or references.[/quote]

I guess reference/easter egg would be kinda the same thing in this case. The way I see it, an "easter egg" is something that you have to find/notice, for example in the background, yourself, while a reference is something more pointed out/in-your-face that you're supposed to get from the start. For example, a reference could be important to understanding the story, while easter egg is usually just something fun to later notice yourself (even if it does have to do with the story). That's the way I see it, at least.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby KionScar » April 19th, 2017, 1:28 am

The Waterhole has been named Big Springs?

(may need to open images in new tab)
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby AnonLion » May 1st, 2017, 12:13 am

Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Pride Points: 8

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard