Episode Chronology?

Episode Chronology?

Postby Panpardus » January 12th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Back when I first started thinking about the overall chronology of the cartoon The Lion King series, I made a point that I wasn't going to place much emphasis on figuring out every episode's place in that until at least the first season had aired. Well, now we're over a month away from the airing of the final episode, so I'm starting to take stock of each episode to try and puzzle together exactly how the stories fit together to form some sort of logical progression. Ultimately I'm probably just going to lean on my own method for figuring this out, but I'm curious what others think.

Do you think each episode we're getting is actually in chronological order, or might there be some wiggle room for various episodes to skip around on the overall timeline? (Within the appropriate temporal space, anyway; we already know more or less when the events of The Lion Guard series start.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: Episode Chronology?

Postby Elton John » January 12th, 2017, 8:35 pm

I definitely think that trail to udugu was meant to be the finale.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » January 12th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Unless "Ono's Idol" proves us otherwise, then yes, "The Trail to Udugu" is probably meant to be the season finale, but that's not what I mean with regards to the timeline. I'm not talking about the order in which episodes were released but rather whether the events we see in each episode actually happened in-universe in the order that we see the episodes. For example, I saw someone's head canon story that had the events of "Lions of the Outlands" occur after what happened in "The Trail to Udugu". So what I'm planning on eventually getting around to doing is re-watching the season and putting them in likely in-universe chronological order, which may not necessarily be the same as the order in which each episode was actually released. My guess is that there's going to end up being several different valid interpretations of the timeline, so we'll see what happens. Should be fun.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » January 12th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Well, I meant canonically and chronologically last too. Obviously 'never judge a hyena by its spots' came before 'lions of the outlands'.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 12th, 2017, 11:35 pm

I have just assumed that the order the episodes aired is the proper chronology for the series, with the exception of The Rise of Makuu. That episode premiered OnLine before the series actually premiered. Although that is apparently the 2nt episode of the series. The first being Never Judge A Hyena By It's Spots. Never Roar Again should have come before Lions Of The Outlands because Kion leaned how to target The Roar in Never Roar Again and then used that on the cloud in Lions Of The Outlands. Like several others have said The Trailer To Udugu felt more like a season finale that it sounds like Ono's Idol will be. Other than that I am inclined to think that the order the episodes aired is their proper chronological order.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Heeey-Kion » January 24th, 2017, 11:51 pm

"Never Roar Again" was scheduled to air waay long ago. Due to the accident at a Disney park with a alligator and a kid, they moved the air date all around, so that one is way out of whack.
Heeey-Kion

Pride Points: 1

Postby Troll Berserker » January 25th, 2017, 9:14 pm

I think they are in order, except Never Roar Again that should appear on it's original place because
1. Appearance of Nne and Tano
2. Kion's new roar powers
But we all know this episode is obviously way too re-scheduled.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Return to The Lion Guard