New Episode "Ono's Idol"

Re: New Episode "Ono's Idol"

Postby SimbasGuard » March 12th, 2017, 4:07 am

There is nothing I can comment on that has not been discussed much deeper than it has already been, so I'll just add my own small comets.
Aside from what everyone has said about this episode, it showcased Ono's heroism and selflessness. As Hadithi himself commented. Even with his wing trapped Ono's concern was for others.

I agree that there does not need to be a song in every episode. Unfortunately the shows creators think they need the songs to keep The Target Audiences' attention. That makes me doubt that they care if the songs are becoming similar, or if they are burning out their music crew. :sad:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Re: New Episode "Ono's Idol"

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2017, 10:01 am

Completely agree on the songs. While they haven't really been bad per se, they do feel quite tepid. I wish there wasn't a song every episode but if there must be, it would really help them to do some research on various styles of African music. It already feels like they don't have a ton of their own inspiration left.

Anyway, this ep was fairly standard. Nothing bad, a lot of good moments and good character building for Ono, but nothing that great, save for some pretty sweet flying maneuvers. It's your standard "famous person doesn't live up to the overhype" plot that's been done to death, but it certainly wasn't done poorly or anything. Hadithi still being a good person and pretty heroic in his own right was nice, as the person in this type of story usually ends up being a jerk. But that still doesn't make it that fresh of a story, imo. Which is fine, and leaves the episode in the "pretty good" category for me.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard