New episode 'The Lost Gorillas'.

Re: New episode 'The Lost Gorillas'.

Postby Panpardus » January 30th, 2017, 7:40 am

[quote="KionScar"][quote="Panpardus"]It's just artistic inconsistencies; there's no way to actually reconcile it with a good in-universe explanation. Erosion of mountains takes minimally hundreds of years to take any noticeable effect (thousands at distances we're seeing in these images) and the entire Lion King story arc takes place, realistically, within a roughly 5-6 year period.[/quote]

quick search digging I found this: http://www.livescience.com/29680-gps-da ... ement.html (though was posted 7 years ago roughly)

But yeah, Disney does timeskip around. And then there's it's "Magic"[/quote]

Yeah, this article pretty much proves my point; that is a very fast-growing mountain range that's taken some 45 million years to get to its current height, and it grows at a rate of an astounding 5 millimeters a year according to that study. Ha, like I said, there's no good in-universe explanation; such drastic geological changes take way longer than any timeline you decide to apply to the Lion King universe, whether the lions age realistically or like humans.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="KionScar"]Erosion? Amongst other things, as we learn in Bunga and The King about the Sinkholes after a rain. And again in Baboons!
The lands are always changing it seems: https://postimg.org/gallery/2ulix58zk/

Image[/quote]

the scientific theory I came up with is that the reason that Pride Rock never looks the same, is because of weathering of Rock, Rocks never stay the same over time[/quote]

Same applies to Pride Rock, really. It's just artistic inconsistencies that come from having several different teams of illustrators using different mediums spread out across 4 different projects over a 20+-year period.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: New episode 'The Lost Gorillas'.

Postby Squeely » January 31st, 2017, 5:49 am

That middle image is from 1 1/2, right? If so, I'm chalking it up to the mountain range not being visible from ground-level (what a meerkat's view would be). The other two images are more of a bird's-eye view.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard