A reminder about TLG's timeline

A reminder about TLG's timeline

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » November 2nd, 2016, 9:14 pm

So some of us already know that TLG takes place sometime during the timeskip of TLK2. Sometime after the whole "We are One" song with Simba and Kiara. Ford Riley mentioned this in an interview he was in sometime before Return of the Roar aired on TV.

However, some if not most people still don't know when and where TLG takes place. I usually see these statements in the comment sections of TLG related videos or forums. I also hear arguments such as "But where does this show take place?" and "But it doesn't make sense" or "Its ruining the timeline!!!". What i want to do is remind everyone, and those that are still confused as to where the show takes place. The show is still fairly new, and it's only just about to break out of it's first season. I have faith that the show's creators will explain more about the characters, when Kion was born, what he was doing during TLK2, and all that stuff sometime during the next seasons. And yes, i say seasons because from what i heard, TLG is supposed to run for 4 seasons (unconfirmed). It'll be interesting to see where they take the story from here.

On another note, let's tone down with the whole "BUT WHERE IS KOPA?!?!?!!" arguments. Kopa was never canon, and he isn't even Disney's creation. Disney only published those books, but they never wrote or created any of the characters in those stories (other than Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, etc). Kopa will only ever be canon in the 6 New Adventures and your fanfictions/fan comics.

I'm not saying you should dislike Kopa and pretend he was never a thing, but just know that he's a character in a series of books and not a character in the canon universe. Besides, the creation of Kion is proof that Disney probably doesn't care about Kopa, nor think of him as canon material since Disney doesn't actually own him. If they did, then he'd have been featured in this show or anything else related to TLK's source material.

I just wanted to make this post to clear up some confusion in the fandom, and or remind everyone about the timeline. If there's anything i can add, feel free to tell me. What are your thoughts on the matter?
Last edited by KionofTheLionGuard on November 3rd, 2016, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Re: A reminder about TLG's timeline

Postby Elton John » November 2nd, 2016, 9:40 pm

Kopa worship isn't very prevalent here. At least, since I joined this site.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » November 2nd, 2016, 11:43 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]Kopa worship isn't very prevalent here. At least, since I joined this site.[/quote]

Well that's good. Stuff like that in most fandoms of anything today, drives me up the wall. But then again, almost can if it's annoying enough XD
KionofTheLionGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » November 3rd, 2016, 4:02 am

Where did you hear about the show having a planned four-season run? I was actually expecting just three; I figure Disney's going to want to put the classic cartoon universe to bed once and for all before the 'live action' version gets released and two more years of The Lion Guard I think would be just fine to achieve that goal without running the cartoon timeline ragged. (Unless they decide to at some point cut to some point post-Simba's Pride to show everyone reunited once again. I think that would be a nice closer.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » November 3rd, 2016, 3:31 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]Where did you hear about the show having a planned four-season run? I was actually expecting just three; I figure Disney's going to want to put the classic cartoon universe to bed once and for all before the 'live action' version gets released and two more years of The Lion Guard I think would be just fine to achieve that goal without running the cartoon timeline ragged. (Unless they decide to at some point cut to some point post-Simba's Pride to show everyone reunited once again. I think that would be a nice closer.)[/quote]

I don't really remember where I heard about it. For all I know, there might not be a 4th season, but we'll have to wait and see.Also, I like your post-simba's pride idea. That'd be great to see!
KionofTheLionGuard

Postby Hatari05 » November 3rd, 2016, 3:37 pm

Four seasons like others I anticipated three because that's usually the amount most shows get trying to find an animated kids show that isn't a straight up comedy that went longer than three seasons is difficult it's not a long list but if it is four seasons that does raise some questions about what they will do. I like the idea of the show ending post Simba's pride maybe have the entire final season be post SP.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby ScarXZira10889 » November 3rd, 2016, 10:52 pm

I know that this may sound irrelevant but "Lions of the out lands" takes place after "my lullaby" apparently. Also, I heard that the Lion Guard will have an episode showdown or something but will that mean that "Lions of the outlands" will also air next Monday?
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » November 3rd, 2016, 11:00 pm

Lions of the outlands is airing on the 12th.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby ScarXZira10889 » November 3rd, 2016, 11:06 pm

Ah, okay thanks! :D
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » November 4th, 2016, 2:05 am

[quote="ScarXZira10889"]I know that this may sound irrelevant but "Lions of the out lands" takes place after "my lullaby" apparently. Also, I heard that the Lion Guard will have an episode showdown or something but will that mean that "Lions of the outlands" will also air next Monday?[/quote]

Actually, i think the whole TLG series takes place after the "My Lullaby" sequence. Not long after of course. Maybe Kion could have been born a week or two after that or something, but then again I'm sure they'll explain it more.
KionofTheLionGuard

Next

Return to The Lion Guard