Why is Kion never referred to as a prince?

Re: Why is Kion never referred to as a prince?

Postby zerodix » October 2nd, 2016, 1:15 pm

is he a prince, as a secondborn?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Sushi » October 2nd, 2016, 3:31 pm

[quote="zerodix"]is he a prince, as a secondborn?[/quote]
Yes. The number doesn't matter just who your parents are.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby Sushi » October 2nd, 2016, 3:40 pm

[quote="Squeely"][quote="Sushi"]
I wouldn't have thought so. Ignoring the fact that historically in royalty the male will take priority over the female no matter which way they are born, in TLK universe the first born takes the title. So going off that Kiara would be the cub at the end of TLK.[/quote]
You're probably not familiar with how fans have pointed out all the differences between the cub at the end of TLK and baby Kiara. The presentations themselves are quite different. Notable examples being less animals at the SP one, Timon and Pumbaa not being up in front, and Nala handing Rafiki Kiara in SP.

Now of course, this could be chalked up to just making things a bit different in the sequel, as it was worked on by different people (and in the case of less animals being there, smaller budget). However, the theory that the presentation at the end of TLK and the one at the beginning of SP are indeed two different ones, one for Kion and one for Kiara, is possible to entertain. We can't say for sure if the creators of TLG knew about this when designing Kion (Kion's design being congruent enough with the cub at the end of TLK), but it's certainly possible. As for why both Kiara and Kion would get a presentation, well, why not? They are both cubs born to the king and queen. I don't recall anyone saying that only the firstborn gets one.

This is all theory, though, and unless TLG confirms or contradicts it, take it with a grain of salt.[/quote]

oh. Only reading this i have realised something I didn't even think . I am a lot more familiar with the original film than anything else but it never occurred to me that The two could be different.
Yes it could well just be the makers did it differently (through many different reasons). Or it could be they are the two different cubs or maybe neither of them. Ive yet to find the book or somewhere online to read, i think the title is six new stories or any literature really and in the short time I've been here I've pieced together lots to do with a son of samba that gets killed/they think is killed or something like that. Depending on the version it seems to change.

Edit
Sorry for the double post. I thought they would merge (Being within a time limit and such as they do on another forum I am on)
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » October 2nd, 2016, 7:11 pm

The Six New Adventures books aren't canon. They were written by people who didn't work on the films, and simply published under Disney. They're more glorified fanfiction than anything else. They can be a part of one's personal canon should that person like them, but that's about it. Kopa never dies or anything in those books. The whole "Zira killed Kopa" theory is one that got popular within the fandom as a way of explaining why Kopa wasn't in Simba's Pride.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Sushi » October 2nd, 2016, 8:02 pm

[quote="Squeely"]The Six New Adventures books aren't canon. They were written by people who didn't work on the films, and simply published under Disney. They're more glorified fanfiction than anything else. They can be a part of one's personal canon should that person like them, but that's about it. Kopa never dies or anything in those books. The whole "Zira killed Kopa" theory is one that got popular within the fandom as a way of explaining why Kopa wasn't in Simba's Pride.[/quote]

Ah right, cheers for the explanation. Also why there is such a split opinion on if Kopa (yea I forgot the name I know) if he was dead or just chased away.

I did sort of figure that they where not cannon but I have heard so much about them I really do want to find and read them at some point. Id like to read lots of fan work fan fiction but i have no idea where to start.
Sushi

Postby Squeely » October 2nd, 2016, 9:13 pm

Six New Adventures is probably a good place to start in that regard. They're kids' books, which means they're not overly-long, which is good. Could probably finish all six in an hour, two tops.

I wasn't aware there was such a split. It's probably just people wanting Kopa to stay dead vs those who want to bring him back later on.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard