ep 7: fulis new family

ep 7: fulis new family

Postby zerodix » February 18th, 2016, 12:28 pm

preview is available on the fb page! what do we expect?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: ep 7: fulis new family

Postby JackStover » February 18th, 2016, 3:10 pm

See what I meant about how this preview doesn't match up with the book or the episode description? It doesn't make sense to me. Fuli's New Family is supposed to be about Fuli spending time with every member of the guard. About them trying to make her a part of their family. That preview... is something altogether different. I don't know if there was another preview - somebody said the preview had Bunga mentioning getting bitten by a snake, and another person uploaded this image saying it was from the new episode's preview. Neither of these things were in the preview that's on facebook. Something weird is going on but I'm not entirely sure what.

JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Rollo » February 18th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Alexterri1 » February 18th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Yeah, I'm also confused. I'm just hoping there's been a mix-up or something, becuase I'd really like to see an episode where Fuli gets some character development.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby JackStover » February 19th, 2016, 1:50 pm

The preview turned out to be correct after all. My new theory is that despite all of their talk, they don't have faith that boys will like Fuli as much of the other characters, so even though it was her episode, the promo made it look like it was a Bunga episode. In some ways, it is a Bunga episode, but the focus is certainly on Fuli.

And Tiifu is back to being her ridiculously cute self. Thank goodness. She's so adorable in this episode!
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby InsaneSeagull » February 19th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Awww, this episode was so adorable! <3

I must say that I love Fuli more than I ever did, ever. Because I never related to any character that much in the past. I get why she got so annoyed when interrupted doing what she usually does, and particularly enjoys. Generally, I never got the point of "Never let your friend be by themselves" because honestly - every normal introvert needs their alone-time. And there's nothing wrong with that, especially if that person is used to being alone. Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely, it's the best way to be free. But not all the time. It's amazing how she's always there to save Bunga as well, despite the fact that she was kind of hurt at the very moment. She showed that she was brave enough, but also a devoted friend, even though she doesn't show it in a "normal" way usually. I also hate when someone touches my hair XD , I can imagine how she must have felt being touched randomly and just told how "soft" her skin is -.- . But in the end, when she was asked to be alone when others were to gather, she showed her other side, the one that cares for her friends and actually wants to be with them, but not all the time.

It was great that we were able to see more of that friendship between TLG members, because, honestly, that wasn't shown that much earlier. We were constantly told that they were more of friends than any former Lion Guard, but, usually they seemed like being just cooperative co-workers. This time, it was different. We saw the whole Guard concerned over Fuli's well-being, Fuli watching over Bunga in his stupidity, Kion, Beshte and Ono saving Fuli and Bunga from the lava, and, in the end, the hug. It was all filled with emotion, and finally we could really feel that there really was a special bond between them.

Bunga... He was the only character whose story actually annoyed me in this episode. And since it's a pretty important sub-plot, there's no way I can skip it. He was pretty stupid and definitely careless to assume that just the fact that he's immune to snake's poison automatically means that he's immune to anything, including being eaten. I would have understood if he thought that he was immune to any poison though, cause that would make sense. This way, it was just sad to watch him, and honestly, I was scared for him. I mean, I knew that nothing would happen to him, since it's a Jr. Disney cartoon, and he's one of its main protagonists, but still, I was anxious. I'm glad he turned out OK.

Alright, am I the only one who's still bothered by Kiara's amazing hunting skills? She's apparently younger than she was in the Simba's Pride, and still, she's a much better hunter. Oh, well. Tiifu and Zuri just bothered me again, Tiifu a bit less. Zuri - I want to punch in the face.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Alexterri1 » February 19th, 2016, 9:47 pm

This was a great episode! Fuli got some great character development. I think she and Kion are my favourite Lion guard members, since Fuli seems to be a lot like me personality-wise
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex

Postby Lionkingview » February 19th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Alright, that was a good episode. Fuli really is an enjoyable character and her song is deffinitly among my favourite TLG songs. Also , i love Fuli's reaction to Bungas amazing Stupidity.
(Fuli saves Bunga from being eaten alive)(The following is a reconstruction of the actual dialog)
Bunga:hey , why'd ya save me, i'm imune.
Fuli: What, i....i.....can't even.....screw it, do what you want Bunga. See you at the Darwin Awards
Bunga:Yeah, when's that gotta be.
Fuli:Ugh
Bunga: Bye

:lol:
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » February 20th, 2016, 12:40 am

There was some funny diolougue but I pretty much forgot all of it by now ^_^
Fully was kinda mean but I really do like her a lot. Kion was cute but Bunga was worse that ever. He's got the smarts of a 2 year old
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Lynx » February 20th, 2016, 12:48 am

[quote="Lionkingview"]Alright, that was a good episode. Fuli really is an enjoyable character and her song is deffinitly among my favourite TLG songs. Also , i love Fuli's reaction to Bungas amazing Stupidity.
(Fuli saves Bunga from being eaten alive)(The following is a reconstruction of the actual dialog)
Bunga:hey , why'd ya save me, i'm imune.
Fuli: What, i....i.....can't even.....screw it, do what you want Bunga. See you at the Darwin Awards
Bunga:Yeah, when's that gotta be.
Fuli:Ugh
Bunga: Bye

:lol:[/quote]
Accurate summary of the episode, I like it! :P
Lynx

Next

Return to The Lion Guard