Could Zuri possibly be Scar's daughter...?

Could Zuri possibly be Scar's daughter...?

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » December 15th, 2015, 4:47 am

In some way, shape, and form?

Let's think about it though. There's her little hair slicked up like Scar's was (despite him having an actual mane), the ear rims, the clear eyes, the darker fur a little bit of the eye shape, that's what i'm seeing so far. What about you guys?
Last edited by KionofTheLionGuard on December 15th, 2015, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Re: Hold on, do you guys think that Zuri...

Postby DGFone » December 15th, 2015, 5:08 am

Spoiler: show
I really doubt it. For one, I doubt lions and cheetahs are genetically compatible enough to have offspring. Even lions and tigers, which are far closer in genetic make-up, have issues when they get together (hint: ligers can't reproduce).

It's the LION GUARD. Their character models, even those based directly off movie material, like Simba and the hyenas, are already quite off. The real reason why she looks the way she does is because the artists decided that it was the best look artistically, and were not going for a realistic portrayal unlike the cheetah in the very beginning of TLK. You can always explain away that she is a King Cheetah, which do have a spot pattern not too dissimular to Zuri's.

If anything, I would be more worried at how she is able to maintain top speed for more than a few seconds, and don't even get me started on how she is able to maintain top speed for any amount of time with Bunga on her back. All cats, including Cheetahs, lack the lung capacity and active cooling ability required for endurance running. In the African heat. There's a reason why humans developed full-body sweating, which might seem like a very, very dumb idea considering how hot and how little water there is in an African savanna: Humans are the predator equivalent of the Energizer bunny. We just keep going and going and going...

Cheetahs are not made for that. Rather than ask if she might be Scar's daughter, I would instead ask if she is not some sick human genetically modified organism set loose on the Pride Lands.

Or perhaps she's a cyborg of sorts. That could also explain it.

Big ol' derp! I blame my class finals. :P
Last edited by DGFone on December 15th, 2015, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 5:09 am

DG Zuri is a lion, you're thinking of fuli.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » December 15th, 2015, 6:29 am

[quote="DGFone"]
Spoiler: show
I really doubt it. For one, I doubt lions and cheetahs are genetically compatible enough to have offspring. Even lions and tigers, which are far closer in genetic make-up, have issues when they get together (hint: ligers can't reproduce).

It's the LION GUARD. Their character models, even those based directly off movie material, like Simba and the hyenas, are already quite off. The real reason why she looks the way she does is because the artists decided that it was the best look artistically, and were not going for a realistic portrayal unlike the cheetah in the very beginning of TLK. You can always explain away that she is a King Cheetah, which do have a spot pattern not too dissimular to Zuri's.

If anything, I would be more worried at how she is able to maintain top speed for more than a few seconds, and don't even get me started on how she is able to maintain top speed for any amount of time with Bunga on her back. All cats, including Cheetahs, lack the lung capacity and active cooling ability required for endurance running. In the African heat. There's a reason why humans developed full-body sweating, which might seem like a very, very dumb idea considering how hot and how little water there is in an African savanna: Humans are the predator equivalent of the Energizer bunny. We just keep going and going and going...

Cheetahs are not made for that. Rather than ask if she might be Scar's daughter, I would instead ask if she is not some sick human genetically modified organism set loose on the Pride Lands.

Or perhaps she's a cyborg of sorts. That could also explain it.

Big ol' derp! I blame my class finals. :P[/quote]

Yeah. I got a LOT to do in my school before this week ends myself...
KionofTheLionGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Troll Berserker » December 15th, 2015, 6:34 am

First Tiifu is a secret child of Nala, then she's sisters with Zuri and now Zuri is the daughter of Scar. SCARXNALA CONFIRMED!!!!

Sorry, I'm just a bit tired of seeing this "every character must be related to each other" theory on every possible ocasion in TLK fandom. It just bugs me that anytime when new characters are introduced in the fandom, people are instantly jumping to fan theories about how they are all related to each other. I wish people would stop basing all of their relations on a design. We didn't even get to see if Zuri's parents are going to be mentioned.

I think it was confirmed in canon that Scar did not have any cubs. The only likeness I can see is the hair tuft and orange-ish fur, but these two features don't mean anything yet. And where does your ear rims argument come from? Scar had no ear rims. I don't get the argument about eyes neither and eye shape is kinda the same as Kiara and Tiifu in TLG.
Last edited by Troll Berserker on December 15th, 2015, 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » December 15th, 2015, 6:41 am

[quote="Troll Berserker"]First Tiifu is a secret child of Nala, then she's sisters with Zuri and now Zuri is the daughter of Scar. SCARXNALA CONFIRMED!!!!

Sorry, I'm just a bit tired of seeing this "every character must be related to each other" theory on every possible ocasion in TLK fandom. It just bugs me that anytime when new characters are introduced in the fandom, people are instantly jumping to fan theories about how they are all related to each other. I wish people would stop basing all of their relations on a design.

I think it was confirmed in canon that Scar did not have any cubs. And where does your ear rims argument come from? Scar had no ear rims.[/quote]

Why not? Fan theories are always fun to create. Why not let one's imagination run wild? For all we know, there is still a chance that something may come up in the future. Disney did "soft" retconn TLK2, at least till they figure out how to tie it all in (IF they do). And they did add the whole "Scar had a Lion Guard" part to his story just to give some kind of backstory for the purpose of adding new lore.

Now, before anyone tells me "But then TLK fans would get REALLY mad about the sudden changes in the current canon!" I think TLK fans were all angry about TLG already. I don't think they're gonna care much anymore given the "canon" TLK they once knew was supposedly "butchered".
KionofTheLionGuard

Re: Could Zuri possibly be Scar's daughter...?

Postby Troll Berserker » December 15th, 2015, 6:47 am

I'm not a fan of this mostly because people don't even care to acknowledge the characters (*cough*TanglemaneXeveryone *cough*). I'm not against all fantheories. But now? We don't even know if Zuri's parents are going to be mentioned. Can't we at least wait till the show comes out?

Quote from my edited post:
The only likeness I can see is the hair tuft and orange-ish fur, but these two features don't mean anything yet. And where does your ear rims argument come from? Scar had no ear rims. I don't get the argument about eyes neither and eye shape is kinda the same as Kiara and Tiifu in TLG.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » December 15th, 2015, 6:53 am

[quote="Troll Berserker"]I'm not a fan of this mostly because people don't even care to acknowledge the characters (*cough*TanglemaneXeveryone *cough*). I'm not against all fantheories. But now? We don't even know if Zuri's parents are going to be mentioned. Can't we at least wait till the show comes out?

Quote from my edited post:
The only likeness I can see is the hair tuft and orange-ish fur, but these two features don't mean anything yet. And where does your ear rims argument come from? Scar had no ear rims. I don't get the argument about eyes neither and eye shape is kinda the same as Kiara and Tiifu in TLG.[/quote]

I never said that what i thought of was true. And as i said before, anything can change. Disney can just simply change something within the story of TLG/TLK at any given time. I'm not denying that. Maybe Zuri's parents will be a thing in the show, but until then, what's even remotely wrong with making up fanmade theories about it until something pops up?
KionofTheLionGuard

Postby Carl » December 15th, 2015, 7:30 am

People are always giving Scar cubs... if any cubs are called his in TLG, it will most likely be Kovu and friends. Think about this: if Simba exiled some cubs for being supporters of Scar, why would he allow Scar's flesh and blood to stay?

(Assuming, of course, that Nuka's appearance indicates they aren't retconning that he was exiled with Zira and the other outsiders, since he definitely would have been a cub at the time.)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 15th, 2015, 3:56 pm

^Well, from what we have seen lions in TLK universe function slightly differently then their real-life counterparts. This is a Disney movie, and having that said, Simba, the beloved protagonist, obviously wouldn't exile or kill any cubs based solely on them being someone else's. Even when it comes to Scar, allthough his uncle has done bad things to him, I doubt Simba would exile a cub just for who his father was.

I think many forget that the main problem between Zira and Simba is about Zira's refusal to accept Scar's and her own fall from power, and that she still considers Scar the true king over Simba. She's obviously bitter and blames the death on Simba, so when she first found out about it, she might have attacked or confronted the lion herself. It's also possible she treated other lionesses in the pride cruelly during Scar's reign, as since he later choose her son to be the king, she was probably high in rank.
What else could the reason for banishment be? Kovu? I don't think so. Simba already knows Zira's cubs aren't Scar's, so if she didn't rebel in some way, and just went with the flow, he would have probably allowed her to stay in the pride. Kovu wasn't the problem until Zira started filling his heart with hatred and announcing him as the future king.

Also, we can't forget that Simba himself shares Scar's blood. So, if Zuri was Scar's, she would be his cousin as well. And if her mother stood by Simba's side and supported his rule, I don't think that he would have any ill will towards the cub.

As for the resemblance, yeah, there's a trait here and there, but it doesn't have to mean anything. When designing friends for Kiara, animators probably decided to go with one having darker fur and the other having lighter fur, so that Kiara could fit in the middle. Same goes for their hair tufts - one's goes to the front and the other's backwards. Purplish eyeshadow around Zuri's eyes and her claws are probably there to make her look more girly and fashionable, like her character.
Still, one can theorise and have fun all they want. It's not like the situation is impossible, and it might make for interesting drama in any type of fan work. Isn't that what made TLK so fun to begin with?
I don't think it's annoying if you are being reasonable with it.
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Next

Return to The Lion Guard