A topic about the lore

A topic about the lore

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » September 14th, 2015, 4:05 am

I really do like how they are adding more to the lore of the Lion King series with this new one. And when they talked about Scar once being a Lion Guard, but messing up and loosing his abilities was surprisingly interesting. I do hope that they go deeper with this. It's the biggest reason as to why i'm gonna watch this if they expand on it other than the fact that it's a new addition to the Lion King franchise in general!
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Re: A topic about the lore

Postby TheLionPrince » September 14th, 2015, 5:13 am

The lore behind the Lion Guard and the Roar of the Elders feels interesting and original, and adds a superhero vibe to The Lion King franchise. (The Lion Guard is similar in ways to the Green Lantern Corps with members given powers to protect their domain.) It is also nice to learn that a second heir to the throne shares some degree of responsibility for the kingdom.

However, from what I've seen and read about it, I cannot help but to feel that it's rather contrived. From the few instances in the films, murder of any member of the pride is punishable by exile given how Scar tells Simba to "run away and never return" and vice versa, and Kovu was falsely charged with an exile penalty for assisting in the assassination of Simba. Plus, wouldn't the pride, supposedly knowledgeable about Scar's past, put two and two together that Scar is a likely culprit behind Mufasa's death given he killed a member of the pride years ago? Unless Scar is able to cover up his crime, surely someone would notice the disappearance of the tattoo mark and connect the dots. Either way, I do wonder how the series will explain the backstory in a logical way that respects the continuity of the first film.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 14th, 2015, 6:20 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]The lore behind the Lion Guard and the Roar of the Elders feels interesting and original, and adds a superhero vibe to The Lion King franchise. (The Lion Guard is similar in ways to the Green Lantern Corps with members given powers to protect their domain.) It is also nice to learn that a second heir to the throne shares some degree of responsibility for the kingdom.

However, from what I've seen and read about it, I cannot help but to feel that it's rather contrived. From the few instances in the films, murder of any member of the pride is punishable by exile given how Scar tells Simba to "run away and never return" and vice versa, and Kovu was falsely charged with an exile penalty for assisting in the assassination of Simba. Plus, wouldn't the pride, supposedly knowledgeable about Scar's past, put two and two together that Scar is a likely culprit behind Mufasa's death given he killed a member of the pride years ago? Unless Scar is able to cover up his crime, surely someone would notice the disappearance of the tattoo mark and connect the dots. Either way, I do wonder how the series will explain the backstory in a logical way that respects the continuity of the first film.[/quote]

forgive me if im confused by what you said could you possibly simplify that a little more please?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » September 14th, 2015, 6:29 am

If scar did murder his guard he got away with it because he excels at lying and manipulating others.

He was able to trick everyone in the first movie, until he slipped up and told simba he killed mufasa. Now why would he tell simba such a thing? Perhaps scar thought that saying such a thing would only weaken simba instead of giving him an adrenaline rush strong enough to to get the upper hand in the situation.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » September 14th, 2015, 11:26 am

What exactly is a lore? I never heard the word actually? :?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby it means no worries » September 14th, 2015, 12:57 pm

^it basically means background story for the franchise which they've added to make it more interesting
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » September 15th, 2015, 4:54 am

[quote="Elton John"]If scar did murder his guard he got away with it because he excels at lying and manipulating others.

He was able to trick everyone in the first movie, until he slipped up and told simba he killed mufasa. Now why would he tell simba such a thing? Perhaps scar thought that saying such a thing would only weaken simba instead of giving him an adrenaline rush strong enough to to get the upper hand in the situation.[/quote]

Scar was always one of my favorite villains on a Disney movie. He character was just so well developed to me. As i stated before, i would love for them to expand upon his past.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby TheLionPrince » September 15th, 2015, 3:48 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]forgive me if im confused by what you said could you possibly simplify that a little more please?[/quote]

My main arguments were:

1. From details in the first two movies, intentional murder (or attempted intentional murder) of a pride member is punishable by exile. Scar, while not the king, condemns Simba for "murdering" Mufasa to leave the kingdom and after Scar confesses to the murder, Simba tells him likewise. Kovu is sentenced to exile for collaborating with Zira and the Outsiders for attempting to kill to Simba (even though he was innocent).

2. If Scar did murder a member of his Lion Guard, how was able to cover his tracks without anyone noticing?
[*] Exhibit A. Someone would noticed that his Lion Guard powers have disappeared and make a connection to the death of the Lion Guard.
[*] Exhibit B. After Mufasa died, wouldn't someone speculate that Scar was behind it given a similar circumstance of the death of his Lion Guard since Scar was one of the last lions they encountered before their untimely death?

A lot of my arguments heavily depend on "if" since the background story hasn't been aired yet, but I can't but feel it won't line up with the original film and will come off as contrived.

[quote="Elton John"]If scar did murder his guard he got away with it because he excels at lying and manipulating others.<br abp="696"><br abp="697">He was able to trick everyone in the first movie, until he slipped up and told simba he killed mufasa. Now why would he tell simba such a thing? Perhaps scar thought that saying such a thing would only weaken simba instead of giving him an adrenaline rush strong enough to to get the upper hand in the situation.[/quote]

True, but it depends on how Scar executes his plan and how his characterization is portrayed. Who knows, we may be talking about a younger, less-experienced Scar. However, if Scar in The Lion Guard was just as manipulative and cunning as he is in the first film, then, maybe, that's how he got away with it. But surely Scar would have to answer about losing his powers, and it would be interesting how he sneaks his way out of that situation.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » September 17th, 2015, 12:09 am

Perhaps Scar was the first of The Lion Guard to ever misuse his powers. Consequently if this was the case, Perhaps no one knew that misusing your powers resulted in them being removed by The Great Kings. Perhaps everyone just assumed that Scar's loss of his powers and the injuries he received from them being removed. Was due to whatever tragedy killed his Lion Guard.

The One thing I think we can safely assume, is that Scar was able to somehow come out of the situation without being suspected of treachery.

I understand TheLionPrince's concerns about continuity, but I want to believe that they would not be looking to expand on any previous characters past if continuity was going to be ignored. Also being that The Avengers are a source of inspiration for The Lion Guard (Unless of course their name was dropped as an attention getter), I believe continuity is a very significant concern to The Lion Guard. Especially given how critical continuity is to the success of The Avengers line of movies.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ninaroja » September 25th, 2015, 5:18 pm

I just watched the D23 expo video where they explained all of this i.e. Scar's being part of the Lion Guard but destroying it etc. etc.

And I really don't like it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the whole concept of the Lion Guard and it being Kion's thing, but adding it back into the original movie to me seems totally unnecessary and over complicated and contrived, like TLP already said.

The spiritual side of The Lion King has always been very interesting to me, but to me this is too super-hero-y. I can't really explain it any better than that, but it's how I feel. I hope when the movie/show comes out they don't spend loads of time going over Scar's part in it, and focus more on Kion's. When the guy at D23 was talking about it it all seemed very long winded and contrived, if you ask me.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Next

Return to The Lion Guard